Changelog for Patch 73 (added 26 April 2018):
* This content patch is focused on empowering players seeking to push their limits in NG+. New and inspiring tools will be provided to the player to help them along the way. Class balance will not be a part of this patch; instead, class balance decisions will be made later, after the new meta settles down.
* We hope you all enjoy the new content, and have lots of fun in the push for new heights in the Forsaken Tower!
Major Game Updates
* 14 new Items, 3 new Set bonuses, and the Epic Item quality have been added to the game! Explore the game to find them and discover their unique powers.
* Some changes were made to existing Items. You can read more about that below in “Chests, Item Balance and Recategorization.”
* Richard Hammer is finally done polishing all those glasses (or is he?) and has begun to serve up players! These drinks each provide a power boost in exchange for some drawback.
* 23 drinks can be discovered throughout the Forsaken Tower in the form of Barrel pickups.
* Collecting a Barrel immediately sends it to town; use of an elevator is not required.
* Barrels contain multiple charges of that drink.
* Barrels exist in three rarities, with Uncommon drinks only being accessible starting in NG+ and Rares in NG++.
* You have an initial drink limit of 3 from the Tavern before the start of a run, and also the same drink may not be consumed twice in one run.
* The Tavern can now be upgraded twice. Doing so increases your drinking limit and maximum Tavern drink storage.
* A magic anvil can randomly spawn in the Armory, with a greater spawn chance in NG+. Collecting it will immediately send it to town for access from your entire guild!
* Once the anvil is collected, players can see and collect blueprints for Items up to the Rare quality. Upon collection, blueprints will be available for use on all your characters.
* Uncommon blueprints can only be found starting in NG+, and Rare blueprints in NG++.
* Legendary and Epic items do not have blueprints.
* Some common, uncommon, and rare quality Items also do not have blueprints.
* Players can use the Magic Anvil in town to craft 1 Item per game using Ore. The blueprint for that Item will be a prerequisite to craft.
* Players cannot craft an Item if they purchased it in the Shop. Conversely, players cannot purchase the same Item from the Shop if they already crafted it.
* Players can use the Magic Anvil in town to spend Skill Stars on Attuning Items.The blueprint for that Item will be a prerequisite to Attune. Being Attuned to an Item treats it as if two of that Item were in your inventory.
* Using the “Retrain” function in your Guild Hall will now refund Attunement stars as well as Skill stars.
New Game+ Overhaul
* Several enemies, including bosses, have new skills and behaviours.
* Experience cannot be gained if your character’s level is greater than or equal to the current dungeon’s NG+ level cap or character’s own NG+ level cap.
* Instead of enemies receiving damage boosts per NG+ scale, the player’s Armor and Resistance are now debuffed per NG+ scale.
* This has a few implications that deserve commentary. First, it’s important to understand that your Armor and Resistance can become negative, resulting in increased damage taken.
* Second, this remedies a problem Armor and Resistance used to have: poor scaling. With this change, Armor and Resistance upgrades through items will be more prized. It will take longer to hit the point of diminishing returns associated with positive armor and resistance values.
* Level size no longer increases per NG+ scale. Instead, there is a flat 20% increase in floor size compared to NG+0 when playing in NG+1 and beyond.
* Added +20% ore and gold gain per NG+ scale.
* Price increase for NG+ dungeon stores.
Chests, Item Balance, and Recategorization
* New Chest Drop Rates
* Wood: 70% Common Item, 15% blue diamond, 5% red diamond, 5% ore, 5% Uncommon Item.
* Bronze: 65% Common Item, 35% Uncommon Item.
* Silver: 80% Uncommon Item, 20% Rare Item.
* Gold: 25% Uncommon Item, 65% Rare Item, 10% Epic Item.
* Ace: 50% Epic Item, 50% Legendary Item.
* Crown of Kings
* Moved to Epic quality.
* Sphere of Champions
* Moved to Epic quality.
* Attack Power and Skill Power during combo increased from 50 to 60.
* Ring of Arcane Power
* Moved to Epic quality.
* Mana cost reduction improved to 25%, up from 20%.
* Dragonscale Mail
* Moved to Epic quality.
* Damage reduction improved to 25%, up from 20%.
* Physical damage from Shockwave increased from 30 to 40.
* Magical damage from Chain Lightning increased from 20 to 30.
* Talisman of Conflagration
* Magical damage from Explosion increased from 20 to 25.
* King's Regalia Set Bonus
* Attack and Skill speed decreased to 33%/66%, down from 50%/100%.
* Fire and Ice Set Bonus
* Bonus Magical damage on primary attack increased from 5 to 10.
* Shaftlocke Pickaxe
* Now gives a flat 50% ore gain.
* New Main Menu appearance.
* Missing Class titles will now be retroactively awarded when loading into the town. It may take multiple reloads for this to take effect.
* Only the Host in a multiplayer run can begin the run by going into the mines. For non-Host players, the entrance to the mine cannot be interacted with.
* Disconnecting from a multiplayer run will save your game for continuation in single-player.
* General store now has a reroll button for 100g. Purchasing a single Item grays the button, preventing further rerolls.
* Improved dungeon variation in Archives and Chambers.
* All healing, except potions, has changed in functionality. Healing is now delivered in the form of a 1-second Heal-Over-Time. If more than your Max Health would be healed within that second, the heal is instead queued into the next second’s HoT.
* Lifesteal can no longer heal for more health than a target has. For instance, if you have 10% Lifesteal and you hit a target with 100 current HP for 500 damage, you now heal for 10, not 50.
* Shrines no longer ask the player to sacrifice one stat for another. Instead, they give various temporary buffs upon interaction.
* Dungeon shops can no longer spawn more than once per Act; however, their appearance will be almost guaranteed.
* Dungeon shops now have 5 Items instead of 3, but there is now a purchase limit of 3 Items per shop. Fancy Plume now adds 2 Items to each shop, for a total of 7.
* The number of stars you get from leveling up now caps at 10 per level (i.e. levels beyond 35 will now only reward 10 stars).
* Added a “1,000,000” button in the Gambling window, visible only when you have the money to bet. Winning the bet will also reward a random Barrel.
Miscellaneous Fixes and Changes
* Reworked saving system into a single-file format with automatic backups.
* Added usable priority so player corpse's will take use priority over other usables.
* Added Wisp spawners on minimap.
* Added new achievements
* Added level cap, % ore gain, crit chance, and evade chance to the character tab.
* Added mana cost indicators in the main game UI.
* Removed minimap icon for the imp.
* Sorcerer, Shatter: Added a distance limit of 250 pixels.
* Prison button should now be guaranteed to spawn.
* Added 2 new Golden Diamonds worth 1000 and 2500 gold.
* You can now find players you've played with in the recently played with list on Steam
* Several save/reload fixes.
* The range at which enemy aggro changes is now shorter.
* Improved Discord rich presence.
* Fixed some item descriptions.
* Sound fixes.
* Other player's item sets in their inventory are now visible from the character tab.
* Added current NG+ level of the run in the map tab.
* Fixed waypoint text issues.
* Fixed layout issue in dungeon settings menu.
* Lowered drop rates of items from mini-bosses.
* Multiplayer menu can now select levels above level 80 if you have any such characters.
* Added chance of bronze chests spawning in chambers treasure rooms.
* Archives now have less breakables.
* Archives teleports now only teleport players to a single destination. This destination now has an icon on the minimap.
* Removed healing bannermen.
* Skill points no longer overlap with the key count in the UI.
* Added cvar ui_chat_pos.