It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just purchased the lightspeed edition. When attempting to download the game goodies for windows I receive a 404-not found error.
bssybeep: I just purchased the lightspeed edition. When attempting to download the game goodies for windows I receive a 404-not found error.
I'm getting that too, 16 hours later. No rush?
Me too, 21 hours later. No download, no reaction from GOG. Embarrassing.
Windows and Mac are missing, Linux is there, by the way.

Should I ask for a refund and get the game on Steam instead?
Post edited August 11, 2017 by Greywolf1
Mine downloaded no problem.

I used the direct installer, Galaxy-free. Are you guys trying to use Galaxy?
yogsloth: Mine downloaded no problem.

I used the direct installer, Galaxy-free. Are you guys trying to use Galaxy?
No Galaxy.
Are you talking about the Windows or the Linux version?
And we get the 404 for the original game, available under "goodies", not for the Lightspeed Edition.
Post edited August 11, 2017 by Greywolf1
Greywolf1: Are you talking about the Windows or the Linux version?
And we get the 404 for the original game, available under "goodies", not for the Lightspeed Edition.
Ah right, didn't read closely, sorry. Windows. I haven't tried downloading the old game.
39 hours later.Still no download, still no reaction from GOG. It's sad: GOG offers something, and then doesn't deliver, nor bothers to inform customers about why not. Aside from legal questions, these are not respectable business ethics.

Guys, I have spent money to be able to play the old version first, and then the new one (if I like the old one), and I will not download the new version before the old one. If it takes too long to give me the old version, I will request a refund.
I'm running out of patience - there may be good (or bad) reasons why you can't offer the old version for download right now, but there is NO reason why you can't or shouldn't inform your customers.
How would you react, if you bought something in a store, and what you get is missing one of the features announced, which happens to be the one feature that made you buy the product? I don't think you're cheating deliberately, but you're very close to losing at least one customer.
Until now GOG is my favourite platform for obtaining games (and I have quite a few) - this may change if you don't resolve this issue.
Greywolf1: 39 hours later.Still no download, still no reaction from GOG. It's sad: GOG offers something, and then doesn't deliver, nor bothers to inform customers about why not. Aside from legal questions, these are not respectable business ethics.

Guys, I have spent money to be able to play the old version first, and then the new one (if I like the old one), and I will not download the new version before the old one. If it takes too long to give me the old version, I will request a refund.
I'm running out of patience - there may be good (or bad) reasons why you can't offer the old version for download right now, but there is NO reason why you can't or shouldn't inform your customers.
How would you react, if you bought something in a store, and what you get is missing one of the features announced, which happens to be the one feature that made you buy the product? I don't think you're cheating deliberately, but you're very close to losing at least one customer.
Until now GOG is my favourite platform for obtaining games (and I have quite a few) - this may change if you don't resolve this issue.
It's been fixed :)
Yes, and thanks for that. I'm still not happy with the communication over the last couple of days - why not simply say "we have an issue and it will be fixed within a few days"?
Greywolf1: 39 hours later.Still no download, still no reaction from GOG. It's sad: GOG offers something, and then doesn't deliver, nor bothers to inform customers about why not. Aside from legal questions, these are not respectable business ethics.

JudasIscariot: It's been fixed :)
No it's not fixed..I'm still getting the error and it's been 3 years.. like come on..
jjunior12: No it's not fixed..I'm still getting the error and it's been 3 years.. like come on..
All three starbase commanders for three oses are downloadable.