It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Great news! Thank you :D
Post edited February 02, 2015 by Nephilim88
JudasIscariot: We got the patch earlier today and we're working on getting the update out ASAP barring any technical issues that may or may not come up while testing the update.
Why are you testing an update from an established studio? That's their responsibility.
What does the patch fix?
Sage103082: What does the patch fix?
It is all here:
http://www.gog.com/forum/grim_fandango_remastered/grim_fandango_has_been_updated_to_version_122/post1
Thank you!!!
suejak: Why are you testing an update from an established studio? That's their responsibility.
GOG are pretty careful about what they upload. They like to know exactly what they're uploading I guess. You complained about inferior service because you get the patch later, but really, which store is actually putting more effort into service? The one that automatically pushes updates immediately as soon as they receive them or the one that has people who test the updates? Which actually has a higher level of service? Writing a computer program that pushes updates is a lot cheaper in the long run than paying people to test things.
suejak: Why are you testing an update from an established studio? That's their responsibility.
SirPrimalform: GOG are pretty careful about what they upload. They like to know exactly what they're uploading I guess. You complained about inferior service because you get the patch later, but really, which store is actually putting more effort into service? The one that automatically pushes updates immediately as soon as they receive them or the one that has people who test the updates? Which actually has a higher level of service? Writing a computer program that pushes updates is a lot cheaper in the long run than paying people to test things.
I don't think it's anything more than a waste of resources to make your customers wait longer for a patch that's released by an established studio like Double Fine so you can "double-check" it or whatever.

So, to answer your question: Steam is the better provider in this case. "GOG is testing Double Fine's patch" is terrible service.
Post edited February 05, 2015 by suejak
suejak: So, to answer your question: Steam is the better provider in this case. "GOG is testing Double Fine's patch" is terrible service.
You mean Valve is the better publisher because they don't have QA?

Sorry, I can't get behind that. Valve doesn't have QA because they give a rat's ass about what's published on their platform.
Post edited February 05, 2015 by Vainamoinen
suejak: I don't think it's anything more than a waste of resources to make your customers wait longer for a patch that's released by an established studio like Double Fine so you can "double-check" it or whatever.

So, to answer your question: Steam is the better provider in this case. "GOG is testing Double Fine's patch" is terrible service.
I asked which has a higher level of service. Automatically forwarding files to the cloud does not constitute service.

The fact that you may prefer that approach was irrelevant to my question. GOG has a responsibility to check what they put on their site and I'm glad they do that. If you prefer allowing devs to put out game breaking updates then that's fine.
Post edited February 06, 2015 by SirPrimalform