It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I downloaded the 1.4.0 patch for Grim fandango, and it caused graphical bugs / issues ...
You can see them here :

http://hpics.li/3dfe969
http://hpics.li/a176d5b
http://hpics.li/bb4883e

How can i solve these things ? :(

Thank you.
Post edited April 16, 2015 by Pierre-Albert
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
This shouldn't really happen. It might be a corrupted download; have you tried using the GOG downloader?
Lillesort131: This shouldn't really happen. It might be a corrupted download; have you tried using the GOG downloader?
Yes, i downloaded the games 2 times :(
Have you tried changing some of the settings for you graphics card? Do you have the latest drivers?
sgoshe: Have you tried changing some of the settings for you graphics card? Do you have the latest drivers?
Yes, the game worked in 1.0.0 ...
The bugs appeared after the update

Is it possible to download the 1.0.0 from the game librabry ?
I have run into the very same issue, having just purchased Grim Fandango.
Morty90: I have run into the very same issue, having just purchased Grim Fandango.
One can always play the Original version of Grim Fandango Remastered via Software LLVMPipe OpenGL
(just google "grim fandango llvmpipe")

It doesn't have all the fancy Remastered features, but at least it works as expected :)
Post edited May 17, 2015 by cristianadam
That looks... pretty damn complicated. But I guess it beats being unable to play the game.
Morty90: That looks... pretty damn complicated. But I guess it beats being unable to play the game.
You have to copy two files: registry.sav in the Saves folder and opengl32.dll in the folder where GrimFandango.exe is. It's not complicated :)

By testing with the software OpenGL driver you can find out if the problem is from the hardware OpenGL driver or from some glitch in the game data files.
Post edited May 17, 2015 by cristianadam
I downloaded the two files and copied them. The glitches are gone, but the game now works incredibly sluggishly, and the main character's textures seem to be missing. I tried both versions of the opengl32 file.
Here's another complicated possible fix:

1. Download and install VMware Player.
2. Download Linux Mint 17 and create VM on the Player.
3. Download and install Linux version of Grim Fandango on VM Mint 17.
Morty90: I downloaded the two files and copied them. The glitches are gone, but the game now works incredibly sluggishly, and the main character's textures seem to be missing. I tried both versions of the opengl32 file.
The slowness and the lack of texture happens in the remastered version. Original version should work fine.

Since it works in software mode you need to update the graphics card drivers to fix the glitches
and play the remastered version.
sgoshe: Here's another complicated possible fix:

VMware Player uses the same LLVMPipe OpenGL driver, should work slower because of the
virtual machine :)
Post edited May 19, 2015 by cristianadam
sgoshe: Here's another complicated possible fix:

That does sound complicated. But I guess I could do it if nothing else works. I sent a query to the GOG.com support, but I've received no answer.

cristianadam: The slowness and the lack of texture happens in the remastered version. Original version should work fine.

Since it works in software mode you need to update the graphics card drivers to fix the glitches
and play the remastered version.
How do I turn on the original version? I can't access the menu. Also, my graphics card drivers are already updated - I've done it recently.

How do I turn on the original version? I can't access the menu. Also, my graphics card drivers are already updated - I've done it recently.
That's where registry.sav comes into play. I have saved the game in the Original version and all you have to do is copy registry.sav into Saves folder. If you don't have a Saves folder create one where GrimFandango.exe is located.

registry.sav - http://cristianadam.eu/assets/grim-fandango/registry.sav
I did copy the file into the Saves folder, and the result was what I described above.
Post edited May 20, 2015 by Morty90