It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

God this number system is driving me nuts. I recently did a re-downloaded the whole game again because I couldn't update from the version I had. Now I don't know whether the version I have is different to this one since the number has changed.

I was on 2.15.0.20 (whole download) patched to 2.16.1.22 with Crucible 2.5.0.6

So is this newer?

And if so, is it possible to just get the patch between 2.16.1.22 and whatever version this is instead of doing the whole download again?
Skrybe: God this number system is driving me nuts. I recently did a re-downloaded the whole game again because I couldn't update from the version I had. Now I don't know whether the version I have is different to this one since the number has changed.

I was on 2.15.0.20 (whole download) patched to 2.16.1.22 with Crucible 2.5.0.6

So is this newer?

And if so, is it possible to just get the patch between 2.16.1.22 and whatever version this is instead of doing the whole download again?
Can't get the patch, as that's something gog decided we didn't need.
Crate Entertainment sent them the appropriate things for a patch, but gog decided to force (yet another game into being) full re-DL only.
They had one job...
Post edited May 26, 2017 by moomic
I got to bump this.

I updated march 30th and game wouldn't play anymore.
I ended up downloading the entire game again that day before I give up.

Here I am again.
I completely delete Grim Dawn and download nearlly 4 gig? again to the same result.

When I start the game Grim Dawn goes black with an hourglass and pretty much locks me out of my system.
Is there a way to fix this?
I really appreciate what GoG attempts to do here but I can't spend money on games I can't manage via the manager I bought them through?

Any idea I'd appreciate it.

Forgetaboutit.
You live and you learn.

I found the fix...
Leave the game black screen and be very patient.
Somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes later the game will start.
What is it doing in the background locking my system for 20 minutes before it starts?

Nevermind.
Forgetaboutit.

Oh.
Save is gone.
Whatever.
Post edited May 26, 2017 by moomic
moomic: When I start the game Grim Dawn goes black with an hourglass and pretty much locks me out of my system.
Is there a way to fix this?

I found the fix...
Leave the game black screen and be very patient.
Somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes later the game will start.
What is it doing in the background locking my system for 20 minutes before it starts?
I think this may be related to the game trying to access the network/internet, checking searching for things and so on.

Check your "options.txt" for a setting called "UPnPEnable" and if it's set to "true" try setting it to "false".

Also blocking the game with a firewall may avoid the delay, but unfortunately due to the way they're doing things it's also possible that blocking it with a firewall may cause it to hang (in which case, instead of blocking it completely block the specific requests and that should avoid the hang).