The installed version on GOG is 1.0 so I thought I'd pop over to Steam and see if they had any news on updates for this game and it turns on there are three post release patches to this game already. I think it's up to 1.04 as of October 31. Does GOG not get game updates?
Where did you read '1.04'?
Steam: two patches (Oct 02, Oct 31), and one update in beta branch (public soon)
GreedFall was released on GOG last week (Dec 11). GOG's build 1.0 includes the two patches, e.g.
• "The size of subtitles can now be changed." (added with patch 1)
• "Dodge and parry are now correctly shown on the key bindings page." (patch 2)
It seems the two major updates are labeled as ’1.03’ and '1.04' for consoles (PS4 at least). Overview: patch notes on SteamDB
I checked the Product version (GreedFall.exe ->Properties ->Details) on Steam and GOG:
• Steam's 'Patch 1' (Oct 02) is 0.01.5632.
• Steam's 'new patch' (Oct 31) and GOG's '1.0' are both 0.01.5635.
• Steam got an update on Dec 19 (no patch notes). Product version on Steam is now 0.01.5636
UPDATE: GOG Standalone installer, and that of its DLC, updated 20 December 2019 with no changelog: 1.0 ⇒ 1.0 (5636)
Latest update is "1.0 (5686)"
(Product Version: "0.01.5686"), published 30 July 2021.