It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I had some issues with Great Battles of Caesar (it was wokring most of the time, but sometimes Roman AI hanged), so I decided to unistall it and download newest version of GOG. Uninstall got rid of everything, including Alexander and Hannibal (because they were bundled). Since battles are now unbundled i installed only Great Battles of Caesar.

The newest version doesn't work at all for me, menu and music loads, but when i try to launch any battle it crashes. I can't even compare with previous version because i dont have installer for it and it is no longer available on GOG.

I also can't even fill support ticket because those games doesn't appear on a page where you submit your support issues. Is there any chance I can play this game that I bought again???
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
You're right, I just tried the unbundled Caesar installer and it crashes when starting a battle. The main menu screen was also missing its background.

Luckily I do still have an old bundled installer (2.0.0.16), and I installed just Caesar from that and it did not crash. So it really seems GOG has screwed something up with their unbundling.

If you want to submit the issue, the support form is still under the bundled name (what a mess):
http://www.gog.com/support/contact/technical_issues_with_games/great_battles_collectors_edition
pablodusk: You're right, I just tried the unbundled Caesar installer and it crashes when starting a battle. The main menu screen was also missing its background.

Luckily I do still have an old bundled installer (2.0.0.16), and I installed just Caesar from that and it did not crash. So it really seems GOG has screwed something up with their unbundling.

If you want to submit the issue, the support form is still under the bundled name (what a mess):
http://www.gog.com/support/contact/technical_issues_with_games/great_battles_collectors_edition
Thanks for confirming!!! I submitted the issue, hopefully they will fix it or at least provide the older version... Sigh, those windows 95 games
I just bought the game and have this exact problem... is the older version available somewhere while this one is unstable?

I know what it should look like because I have the CD version too! It's just not compatible with modern systems.
ArcherOfCrete: I just bought the game and have this exact problem... is the older version available somewhere while this one is unstable?

I know what it should look like because I have the CD version too! It's just not compatible with modern systems.
Hey,

Didn't have time to play and post, but I did contact support with this, performed all standard diagnostic/fixing steps they suggested with no luck - in the end they just sent me the old installer (and it worked).

"
GOG.com Support

do mnie

Hello

Yes, the game works for us, we test them before releasing. Our games work on the vast majority of systems, basically on any typical configuration. The very nature of PC gaming, the fact that you can have an almost infinite number of hardware, software and setting combinations, means that we can't possibly predict every issue on every PC.

We normally don't do this, but I've uploaded the old installer here:
"
Since they say it works for them, I had the theory that maybe my installation of previous version left some garbage in windows registry. But if you are experiencing the problem on "fresh" installation, not having previous version installed before then it must be something else.

Anyway, you need to contact support. You might try telling them it the same issue as ticket number T5EMTNRR to speed things up.
Post edited June 09, 2015 by Kranach
I tried it on various machines this week, on windows XP, windows 2000 and windows 7, and the game crashes on all of them.
Same problem, only Hannibal work.