It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Patch 1.03 is a great one ! Please bring this one to GOG to.

THX
ZG
Wait till Monday or so.
Unkalibriert: Wait till Monday or so.
It's actually live as of right now, offline and via Galaxy :)
Well, even better.

Thank you Judas.
Post edited September 04, 2015 by Unkalibriert
1.04 Patch has been released on Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/app/330390/discussions/0/517141807567916977/

** HOTFIX ADDED**
The SFX and footsteps should now be at their corrected, new default volumes.

This update focuses on two key areas: controller support and audio fixes.

Keyboard & Gamepad controls have now been consolidated into one tab within the Launcher called "Input". The Input tab will now allow you to cycle between your keyboard and all connected gamepads, along with displaying the gamepad name.

Also, a number of fixes have implemented to help improve various audio issues relating to ambient sounds not playing correctly, some sounds getting cut off and music tracks not properly playing their entire track length. The size of the patch is largely due to the re-conversation of multiple music files. We have also adjusted the default volume settings so that users who have not yet adjusted their volume sliders can have a more pleasant starting experience.

We also addressed a crash which may have been affecting some users.

- Updated Launcher with new Input Tab for managing keyboard & multiple gamepads
- Added greater support for a wide range of USB gamepads
- Preferred gamepad is now assigned in launcher regardless of how many gamepads are connected
- Gamepad windows name is now displayed on Input tab
- Movement & Camera controls are now mapped to DPad & Shoulder buttons by default
- Analog Movement & Analog Camera controls are now mapped to Left Stick & Trigger buttons by default (can be toggled On/Off)
- Fix for all keys & gamepads buttons being re-mappable in Launcher Input tab
- Fix for X button being re-mappable in Launcher Input tab for keyboard & gamepad
- Fix for X button correctly zooming camera out when button is held down during battle attack state
- Fix for X button toggling camera angle when AI is turned on during battle
- Fix for X button toggling Full details on Save screen
- Fix for X button toggling Next page on Items screen
- Fix for ambient sounds incorrectly playing in battles
- Fix for ambient sounds not playing properly in various field locations
- Fix for ambient sounds incorrectly looping endlessly in fields
- Fix for some music tracks getting cut off abruptly
- Fix for some speech samples incorrectly tied to SFX volume toggle
- Re-converted 172 music files to fix tracks not playing their entire length (looping too quickly issue)
- Fixed an AI crash when setting Roan to "Power Up" and equipping Holy Mana Egg (global AI crash fix)
- Lowered default SFX Volume from 60 to 40
- Lowered default Footstep Volume from 50 to 15

*Note: Update 1.04 will revert your Launcher settings to default on first boot up because of our latest Input changes. Please go into the Launcher and reset your Video/Audio/Input settings when you start playing 1.04 for the first time. You will only have to do this once.
I'll give this patch a shot when it hits GOG. I'm waiting until the end of the 30-day period after I purchased the game, and if still no fixes for my issues and/or response from GOG, I'll issue a credit card charge back for the purchase.

That said, I'm unlikely to buy from GOG over Steam again after this fiasco. From now on, Steam > GOG when the game is available for both platforms (to date I've chosen GOG first even if the price was higher). I hate DRM, but I hate poor customer service even more.
medion: I'll give this patch a shot when it hits GOG. I'm waiting until the end of the 30-day period after I purchased the game, and if still no fixes for my issues and/or response from GOG, I'll issue a credit card charge back for the purchase.

That said, I'm unlikely to buy from GOG over Steam again after this fiasco. From now on, Steam > GOG when the game is available for both platforms (to date I've chosen GOG first even if the price was higher). I hate DRM, but I hate poor customer service even more.
It's literally the same game, if you have problems with the gog copy, you'll have the same issues with the steam copy.
I apologize, I'll clarify.

I don't own the game on Steam. I was stating "I will try the patch on the GoG copy when released, because I own the GoG copy."

Anyway, it was released overnite. I tried it, and it did not fix my issues.
Patch 1.05 has been released on Steam!

The following issues have been addressed:

- Ryudo's Sky Dragon Slash texture issue
- Reproducible crash using Gravity spell
- Tio's Whisper to the Stars not correctly raising stats as expected
- Enemies not playing death animation correctly
- Wrong background when flying up to Valmar
- Background at sea during 50/50 cutscene not displaying correctly
- Sky background not displaying correctly during Ryudo's flashback
- Carius's spell not casting correctly in the first Millenia encounter

With this patch, the major, verifiable crash issues should be addressed. If you are still experiencing crashes after updating to this version, please let us know in as much detail as possible. We've seen a lot of helpful troubleshooting scenarios where players have been able to avoid crashes by lowering various settings based on the performance capabilities of their machines. You may also want to ensure that your PC is utilizing its dedicated GPU rather than integrated graphics (for Nvidia Optimus/AMD Switchable Graphics users).

Thanks so much for all your support for Grandia II: Anniversary Edition.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/330390/discussions/0/517142892049368317/
Post edited September 23, 2015 by Terpor
Terpor: Patch 1.05 has been released on Steam!

The following issues have been addressed:

- Ryudo's Sky Dragon Slash texture issue
- Reproducible crash using Gravity spell
- Tio's Whisper to the Stars not correctly raising stats as expected
- Enemies not playing death animation correctly
- Wrong background when flying up to Valmar
- Background at sea during 50/50 cutscene not displaying correctly
- Sky background not displaying correctly during Ryudo's flashback
- Carius's spell not casting correctly in the first Millenia encounter

With this patch, the major, verifiable crash issues should be addressed. If you are still experiencing crashes after updating to this version, please let us know in as much detail as possible. We've seen a lot of helpful troubleshooting scenarios where players have been able to avoid crashes by lowering various settings based on the performance capabilities of their machines. You may also want to ensure that your PC is utilizing its dedicated GPU rather than integrated graphics (for Nvidia Optimus/AMD Switchable Graphics users).

Thanks so much for all your support for Grandia II: Anniversary Edition.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/330390/discussions/0/517142892049368317/
This is now live on GOG :)
medion: I apologize, I'll clarify.

I don't own the game on Steam. I was stating "I will try the patch on the GoG copy when released, because I own the GoG copy."

Anyway, it was released overnite. I tried it, and it did not fix my issues.
Does patch 1.05 fix your issues?
Post edited September 24, 2015 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Does patch 1.05 fix your issues?
No idea. I refunded the game and unlike some "less than ethical people" I didn't keep the installer. I have no way to verify, but I still follow the boards here and on Steam.

Once I get verification of proper XInput support for the game, I'll repurchase and see where it stands. This patch seems like it was a HUGE stability cleanup.
1.06 is out on steam

Update 1.06

This update provides a huge heaping handful of audio fixes!

The following adjustments have been implemented:

Fix for proper music loops in fields (endless music looping)
Fix for proper music loops in battles (endless music looping)
Fix for some spells that had missing SFX sound loops
Fix for music fading out properly during cut scene transition
Fix for multiple music tracks cross fading into each other during a transition
Fix for fade in and fade out music speeds to be variable not a fixed rate
Fix for issues where music did not fade out completely in certain cut scenes like they should
Fix for issues where music would play after battle and then get cut off by a new music track
Fix for music ducking down when entering buildings and music returning to normal levels when exiting buildings
Fix for music fading out after selecting a new location from the world map
Fix for battle start "slash' SFX to play properly when battle encounters start
Fix for battle music fading out properly when last enemy is defeated
Fix for battle results music fading out properly when battle results screen is exited
Fix for battle sounds to properly be treated in 3D space in relation to the camera
Fix for an issue that caused winning dialogue to play over top of the sword swing SFX on battle finish
Fix for an issue that caused ambient sounds to play too loud for a split second when exiting battles
Reconverted 90 Japanese speech files for battles that were slightly cut off

http://steamcommunity.com/app/330390/discussions/0/481115363854530800/