It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

so I am looking to get gothic 3 on gog and am wondering if the community patch 1.75 is included with the game. it is in the beta branch on the steam version. so did the devleopers/publisher or whoever handles this kind of stuff on gog release the patch for gog's version of gothic 3? please and thank you.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
It doesn't have the very latest patch but it does have 1.74, I think. That patch is totally playable; very few differences.

BTW: Even patches as far back as 1.5x work OK bug-wise. The later ones mainly are about the alternative balance and combat. (which I don't use anymore)
Post edited September 17, 2016 by fragonard
fragonard: It doesn't have the very latest patch but it does have 1.74, I think. That patch is totally playable; very few differences.

BTW: Even patches as far back as 1.5x work OK bug-wise. The later ones mainly are about the alternative balance and combat. (which I don't use anymore)
okay that is good to know. thanks.
You can get the latest patch here:
http://www.worldofgothic.com/

It should be working the the GOG version too. I used it for my retail version.
I can report that the latest patch can be added and it does work.
Just as I thought.
This is is the latest link for the community patch 1.75

http://www.madvulture.de/wp/archives/440
fragonard: It doesn't have the very latest patch but it does have 1.74, I think. That patch is totally playable; very few differences.

That's one of my questions is when I start a NEW G3-game it already has the ("alternative-Balance") checked so what in part or whole do that mean and should I w/ a not so great computer keep it checked? Thanks ever so much in advance & happy game to you!
Post edited February 15, 2018 by Johnthreesixteen

Johnthreesixteen: That's one of my questions is when I start a NEW G3-game it already has the ("alternative-Balance") checked so what in part or whole do that mean and should I w/ a not so great computer keep it checked? Thanks ever so much in advance & happy game to you!
The Alternative Balance is selected by default but you can uncheck it and restart easily. It shouldn't affect performance at all if that's your main concern but does have some important gameplay changes. The manual has a complete description but the main points are item price adjustments, revised skill requirements, and major XP changes like making stones give 3 instead of 5 points and making points more expensive above 250. All this makes the game more like Gothic2, harder in general and impossible to get highest level in multiple skill trees.