It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well people aren't going to stupidly turn off Steam Guard just to have this integration working. I'm pretty confident the guy talking about Valve making this not work purposefully is 100% on the money with his estimation/guess/idea.

What a shame. SMH
wytefang: Well people aren't going to stupidly turn off Steam Guard just to have this integration working. I'm pretty confident the guy talking about Valve making this not work purposefully is 100% on the money with his estimation/guess/idea.

What a shame. SMH
Not sure how anyone with common sense can go along/believe that rant.

Seeing as there are tons of sites that pull Steam stats that Steam hasn't shut down yet. And seeing as you still have to have Steam installed and running to run your Steam games even if you launch out of GoG; it in know way effects Steam.

To me the guy is just ranting because he is all butt-hurt over Steam.

GoG isn't replacing anything; just allows you to see a lot of info in one place. You still have to have Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc. all installed to play any game you have through them, weather you launch them in GoG or not.
Tried disabling Steam Guard and the Steam plugin still fails to connect. Anyone manage to get the Steam plugin working again?
Roundlay: Tried disabling Steam Guard and the Steam plugin still fails to connect. Anyone manage to get the Steam plugin working again?
Maybe it's still and issues if you had Steam Guard at any time? Or takes time for it to fully register that you no longer ave it.

I only have the issues on my main account that has the guard thing; on my secondary account that has only ever have the simply email verify thing - it worked fine.

I think the main problem is I'm not even sure the person that's working on the plugin has even updated it a while or not.

EDIT: OK, it was updated as recently as 14 days ago - not sure which version I have however.
Post edited February 10, 2021 by jdm12983
Scratch that: the solution below allowed me to log in, finally, but resulted in the same offline issue.

I solved the issue by replacing the content of the Steam plugin folder at C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\plugins\installed\ with version 0.54 of the Steam plugin https://github.com/FriendsOfGalaxy/galaxy-integration-steam/releases/tag/v0.54
Post edited February 10, 2021 by Roundlay
Roundlay: Scratch that: the solution below allowed me to log in, finally, but resulted in the same offline issue.

I solved the issue by replacing the content of the Steam plugin folder at C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\plugins\installed\ with version 0.54 of the Steam plugin https://github.com/FriendsOfGalaxy/galaxy-integration-steam/releases/tag/v0.54
Thank you - this worked for me. Clearly an issue with version 0.55.
wytefang: Well people aren't going to stupidly turn off Steam Guard just to have this integration working. I'm pretty confident the guy talking about Valve making this not work purposefully is 100% on the money with his estimation/guess/idea.

What a shame. SMH
jdm12983: Not sure how anyone with common sense can go along/believe that rant.

Seeing as there are tons of sites that pull Steam stats that Steam hasn't shut down yet. And seeing as you still have to have Steam installed and running to run your Steam games even if you launch out of GoG; it in know way effects Steam.

To me the guy is just ranting because he is all butt-hurt over Steam.

GoG isn't replacing anything; just allows you to see a lot of info in one place. You still have to have Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc. all installed to play any game you have through them, weather you launch them in GoG or not.
I don't have any inside knowledge into the workings of steam, but I have worked for and alongside major retailers including Walmart, Target and Amazon and can assure you that the theory you're referring to would be well inline with online strategies that Walmart.com or Amazon.com would take. It's also common for Walmart and Amazon.com to target much smaller competitors in their marketplace and use 'allegedly' monopolistic practices in order to reduce or eliminate their market share. I see no reason why Valve, as a large corporation, would act any differently than these retailers.

It would not surprise me one bit if Valve has data which shows them how many people switch from GOG to Steam each time the sync breaks and they choose to continue to do this over and over in order to obtain more primary users while reducing the primary users of their competitor. Valve is in the driver's seat here due to their massive size compared to GOG and there's no reason to think they would act differently than how Walmart acted when they put 100s of local pharmacies out of business by selling products below cost (this one doesn't require an 'allegedly').

It's confirmed now that the latest issue is a result of the v0.55 update (Roundlay's fix works), so this isn't a conspiracy theory at all - it's a rational theory. Then again, lazy coding or ambivalence to GOG altogether are also rational theories.

I'm frankly amazed that so many of these online stores have gotten along so well for so long and for the sake of the consumer I hope it continues.

(As a side note - if you want to open an Ubisoft game you have purchased through steam using GOG, you must have steam open - as you noted - but if you purchased the game through Epic games, you can bypass Epic and go straight to Ubisoft. Something to think about while you consider Valve's priorities)
Post edited February 11, 2021 by Ooga-Chaka
the only way to fix it is to disconnect and reconnect it again by retyping your username and password.
Roundlay: Scratch that: the solution below allowed me to log in, finally, but resulted in the same offline issue.

That fixed it for me, at least I do not get the error anymore. Will see if it lasts.
P.S: Be patient after logging in again, the games are coming after a while.

I second that solution. It is the latest pluginn that creats this problem.

4 days after the issue was fixed - it happened again. Steam updated and I had to disconnect steam in GOG and close both apps, swap the files from the link, and then restart the apps.

This may get tiresome if Steam chooses not to fix it.

Ooga-Chaka: 4 days after the issue was fixed - it happened again. Steam updated and I had to disconnect steam in GOG and close both apps, swap the files from the link, and then restart the apps.

This may get tiresome if Steam chooses not to fix it.
Yep, it's broken again for me too.
I am sure GOG is working on an official Steam integration, as they did with Epic last year. I can't wait for them to release it.
I just bypass steam integration altogether, in that I don't spend any effort with fixing it when it disconnects, you have to log in while online in order to even use the plugin anyway, which defeats the purpose of the plugin altogether as steam can be launched offline, but not through Galaxy 2, which pretty much sucks, hell, I didn't even update my steam tags as what's the fuckin' point?

I just use Galaxy for GoG games and be done with it...
There a new version out as of 2 days ago that so far seems to work v0.56

Make sure to disconnect the plugin first before copying the files to the steam plugin folder at

C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\plugins\installed\

Even after running Sync integrations it stayed connected and also after exiting it and running it again

Let me know what you find :)

Can't yet post links so use the links a few posts up as even thou I have a ton of GOG games this would be my first post on the forum as far as I remember
Post edited March 06, 2021 by Liverpoolfanster