It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Will there also be two versions of those hand-picked games, or will the only way to get those games only through GOG Galaxy using the agreement that you have with Epic Games Store? The reason I'm asking this is because if the answer to my previous question were a no, then you're simply destroying the possibility of getting those games as DRM-Free.
Post edited March 26, 2021 by Vingry
Mailanka: I'll be honest, I don't understand the backlash from this. I mean, I get hating Epic. I'm not a fan of Epic either. But the point of the GOG Galaxy 2.0 is to integrate multiple downloaders from multiple stores.
Yeah I don't get it either.

In fact, I wish this would expand. Imagine how awesome it'd be if GOG Galaxy not only combined all my libraries, but also all storefronts. I could fully swap to using but a single client, it'd be awesome. It's utopian of course, but every little bit helps.
I am surprised that I have not been invited to this closed beta yet. Surely GOG is getting information from me by the fact I have Epic linked to GOG Galaxy 2.0, and they'll see that I frequently buy from EGS, which means I would be the perfect candidate to test this out and mean while they'll make money from me.

Seriously, if I was a part of the first batch of testers, they would have received an additional $280 in sales revenue through me.

mean while I have I have 1 family member and 2 co-workers who got into the beta and haven't bought anything from EGS through GOG Galaxy, they don't buy anything from EGS at all. /facepalm
eisberg77: I am surprised that I have not been invited to this closed beta yet. Surely GOG is getting information from me by the fact I have Epic linked to GOG Galaxy 2.0, and they'll see that I frequently buy from EGS, which means I would be the perfect candidate to test this out and mean while they'll make money from me.
Weird, there should be no invitation process. You can just switch to the combined store in the options, and that's it.
eisberg77: I am surprised that I have not been invited to this closed beta yet. Surely GOG is getting information from me by the fact I have Epic linked to GOG Galaxy 2.0, and they'll see that I frequently buy from EGS, which means I would be the perfect candidate to test this out and mean while they'll make money from me.
Carighan: Weird, there should be no invitation process. You can just switch to the combined store in the options, and that's it.
There is, read the original post of this thread.

I have no option for combinded store on GOG in the options/settings, I'm also opted into beta branches for the client

You have to be invited to get the combinded store.
Any updates on this project? really want to try it out
GOG really needs some PR guys like in the old times...
so this feature is abandoned?
I want there to be an option to hide anything from Epic or any other platform if those become available. If you want to sleep with the devil that's your choice. I shouldn't have to watch.
Friends, why all this negativity? If you don't like DRM games — it's totally fine, don't buy them or don't add them to your Galaxy! Simple as that. But there is no need to be religious about it, and to take it out on GOG for giving you options.

The fact of the matter is that gaming industry has changed a lot in the past decade. 29 of 30 modern games that I own are not available on GOG. Main titles simply don't get released DRM-free any more. So you must purchase them somewhere else, and considering the price the best store is often EPIC. This is simply the current reality. And in this reality GOG must somehow survive in order to be able to give you a choice. How will GOG even survive if you spend your money in other stores? And if GOG is gone, what choice will you have? Think about that for a second ;-)

I don't believe for a moment that there are more than 10 people here on the forum who have never purchased a DRM-locked game. Since everyone here has supported DRM-stores at some point (and 99% of the community probably does this on a regular basis), that money could just as well have been channeled through GOG to support their philosophy. So don't be a hypocrite, and don't act like someone has taken your favorite toy from you ;-) Grow up!

If you like GOG, show them a little bit of support, or at least try to understand why certain decisions are made and why certain changes are introduced to the platform. On the flipside, I agree with the community that GOG could have communicated this in a better way. And I'm sure they will, once the new project exits the beta phase.

Love,
Cheers.
Post edited June 02, 2022 by DESTROYER-21
I never bought a game through Galaxy and I never will. That's what the website is for.
I would very welcome if I could deactivated the adds when I want to launch a game.
They are bollocks anyway.
I click on Lego DC Super Villains

The "similar games" shows Alien Isolation Season Pass ... wait what? Why on earth is that considered similar?
So I clicked on "more similar games" (or whatever the button is called in Galaxy)
The list shows
Alien Isolation Season Pass
Thymnesia - Digital Deluxe Edition
GWENT - Deluxe Edition
Cult of the Lamb - Cultist Edition
Islets
Cult of the Lamb (Standard)
Nongunz 2 - Doppelgänger Edition
Lust from Beyond M Edition
Thymnesia (Standard)
Mafia Trilogy

Now I would like to state that I already own Alien Isolation in the edition that already contains the season pass and also I own all Mafia games, so GOG is offering me stuff I already own (happens all the time, same with the Clifftop Collection).

But what the heck have the other games to do with Lego DC Villains?
For some I have an explanation: The word "Edition" in their title ... After all I play Lego DC Villains Deluxe EDITION.

Really ... that algorithm is complete bonkers.
SmollestLight: We created GOG GALAXY 2.0 to give gamers a better way of organizing all their games across multiple gaming platforms into one library. Since its launch, the most requested new feature has been the option to buy games not only from GOG.COM, but from other platforms as well, straight from the GOG GALAXY app.

Today, we’re happy to invite the first group of gamers to test the brand new store we’re working on, and share their feedback with us.

In the new store, we will be welcoming games from both GOG.COM and beyond - including titles previously exclusive only to other gaming platforms. With the internal beta launching today, invited users will have the option to buy games from a selection of hand-picked Epic Games Store exclusive titles, alongside all GOG.COM games. Most importantly, all purchases are covered by our 30-days refund policy as well as 24/7 human support.

There is still plenty of work ahead of us. As the internal beta test continues, we will be inviting more gamers, expanding the store's catalog and introducing new features. For a chance to be part of this test, join GOG GALAXY today at gogalaxy.com.
So , yet another update !
But
When are you going to give us the fully fledged replacement for the GOG.com Downloader (JUST AS GOOD OR BETTER) built into GOG Galaxy ?
I want a one click download of all DRM free files and goodies for every single purchase made. Clickable from a list of chronologically organized list of purchases and from a list of every set of purchases also made chronologically. As well as from a list of all updated games !!!
I don't want any more bullshit or excuses ! GOG sells DRM free games and the download of the game purchases , since introduction of Galaxy referred to as 'backup files' should be just as easy or preferably even easier as was before Galaxy !
THANK YOU !
DESTROYER-21: Friends, why all this negativity? If you don't like DRM games — it's totally fine, don't buy them or don't add them to your Galaxy! Simple as that. But there is no need to be religious about it, and to take it out on GOG for giving you options.

The fact of the matter is that gaming industry has changed a lot in the past decade. 29 of 30 modern games that I own are not available on GOG. Main titles simply don't get released DRM-free any more. So you must purchase them somewhere else, and considering the price the best store is often EPIC. This is simply the current reality. And in this reality GOG must somehow survive in order to be able to give you a choice. How will GOG even survive if you spend your money in other stores? And if GOG is gone, what choice will you have? Think about that for a second ;-)

I don't believe for a moment that there are more than 10 people here on the forum who have never purchased a DRM-locked game. Since everyone here has supported DRM-stores at some point (and 99% of the community probably does this on a regular basis), that money could just as well have been channeled through GOG to support their philosophy. So don't be a hypocrite, and don't act like someone has taken your favorite toy from you ;-) Grow up!

If you like GOG, show them a little bit of support, or at least try to understand why certain decisions are made and why certain changes are introduced to the platform. On the flipside, I agree with the community that GOG could have communicated this in a better way. And I'm sure they will, once the new project exits the beta phase.

Love,
Cheers.
It's the blatant lie, that Buying games from other stores through, GOG site, or Galaxy is a feature GOG users have been requesting this the most, when by a country mile it is 1st LINUX, 3rd LINUX, 8th LINUX, 19th LINUX, 40th LINUX, 46th LINUX, 48th LINUX
All Wishes, Completed hidden
+33,582 Release the GOG Galaxy client for linux
(Total Galaxy on Linux 59,945 = 33,582+12,489+6,743+3,506+1,407+1,199+1,019)
+16,145 64bit GoG Galaxy
I've gone down that Wishlist to
+90 Add option to disable creating shortcuts

Nobody wants the option, but GOG.
Nobody wishlisted the option

Let me lay my position on the table.

I detest all Store Clients, but though I will never use Galaxy, I welcomed it's arrival, as devs stopped adding Network Clients to there multiplayer games/Modes. How effed up is that, that games intended for online play, lack the vital component it requires.

Not GOGs Doing, it's indirectly Steam's doing, but directly it's the consoles charging for Network Client Support, that forced devs to hand the Network Client off to the console, or get no console release.

GOG gives me the option to NOT use Galaxy, and I still take that no Galaxy choice.

Damn right I buy games on Steam with DRM, but WTF has that got to do with the price of milk.
I don't WANT to buy my games from Steam directly, never mind by GOG proxy.
I want the released on GOG with Offline installers.

While my GOG Library is now over 400 games, my Steam Library has shrunk from well over 200 games, to hovering around 100, and it has been as low as 80 a few years back, most are games that are unlikely to get a GOG release, and the rest, who knows when.
Took 11 years for Skyrim to reach GOG, 7 years for Metro Series.

That's the biggest issue, not just waiting for the undeclared Steam Exclusive period to end, but never knowing if it will ever end.
A few games like Horizon: Zero Dawn, got a GOG release a few months after Steam, hell I've seen publishers (Deep Silver with Metro:exodus) say they have no GOG release plans, when the Steam version released, then we get it on GOG just 3 months later.

I've never understood this one client to rule them all garbage, that just means two clients running in background for those games.
I don't even want one of the buggers running when I play my games.

I want the game on GOG, The whole game on GOG, and nothing but the game on GOG.
So help me GOG, get these games only ON GOG.
SmollestLight: Since its launch, the most requested new feature has been the option to buy games not only from GOG.COM, but from other platforms as well, straight from the GOG GALAXY app.
I presume when you say this, you are actually referring to the most requested feature by investors/board members/etc. as it is most definitely not the most requested feature by the end users.

Anyways; what are the chances that work can be shifted from producing features that aren't wanted by the customers to the critical bug-fixing issues which most customers would love to see fixed quickly?
Post edited March 02, 2023 by YAFUNN
Now I'm curious: how was it? Did it really work? Do we have any screenshot or video?
Post edited March 02, 2023 by pippo-san