It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
We created GOG GALAXY 2.0 to give gamers a better way of organizing all their games across multiple gaming platforms into one library. Since its launch, the most requested new feature has been the option to buy games not only from GOG.COM, but from other platforms as well, straight from the GOG GALAXY app.

Today, we’re happy to invite the first group of gamers to test the brand new store we’re working on, and share their feedback with us.

In the new store, we will be welcoming games from both GOG.COM and beyond - including titles previously exclusive only to other gaming platforms. With the internal beta launching today, invited users will have the option to buy games from a selection of hand-picked Epic Games Store exclusive titles, alongside all GOG.COM games. Most importantly, all purchases are covered by our 30-days refund policy as well as 24/7 human support.

There is still plenty of work ahead of us. As the internal beta test continues, we will be inviting more gamers, expanding the store's catalog and introducing new features. For a chance to be part of this test, join GOG GALAXY today at gogalaxy.com.
OK, but when are you putting it back into being properly treated as the far-from-ready beta it so clearly is? There's active service-breaking problems and you're still not rolling it back to give users proper access to the last known stable client.

Staff have directly confirmed it's in beta, but users opting out of beta testing are still having the client auto-update into a blatent unpolished mess of a beta build that isn't ready for widespread launch yet.
Post edited October 01, 2020 by obliviondoll
How can i get into the new store test?
high rated
obliviondoll: OK, but when are you putting it back into being properly treated as the far-from-ready beta it so clearly is? There's active service-breaking problems and you're still not rolling it back to give users proper access to the last known stable client.

Staff have directly confirmed it's in beta, but users opting out of beta testing are still having the client auto-update into a blatent unpolished mess of a beta build that isn't ready for widespread launch yet.
It is no use. GOG simply won't listen.

I have since moved to using Playnite exclusively. You can sign into your GOG account through it to fetch your list of games. It always works, and you have complete control over your gaming library. You can also set up extensions for automatic backups of games, eliminating the need of the cloud saving functionality of Galaxy. There is also talks for future Playnite versions to be able to use your offline installers for installing your games.

Combined with gogrepo, and you can easily maintain your offline installers up to date and not dependent on Galaxy at all. You miss the incremental patches though, but I can live with that since at least with my current setup it is perfectly functional and, most importantly, stable.
Post edited October 01, 2020 by racofer
high rated
haha, wow. this is so miserable.

i'd recommend fixing your broken client before anything else but what do i know ...
high rated
Will it be made evident which games are DRM free from non gog stores? Since thats pretty much the whole point of gog for me.
high rated
How about fixing your fucking client first of all?
If I wanted to buy things from another store, might as well buy it directly from said store!!

Nobody asked for it, nobody wants it, and there should be other things you should prioritize.
high rated
I don't like this. :/

Especially that vile company that is epic.
high rated
This is bad, looks like they are listening to the wrong people.
My thoughts are multichromatically unstable :P
Attachments:
wtg.jpg (260 Kb)
Post edited October 01, 2020 by erbello
high rated
Sorry, but I have no interest whatsoever in the Galaxy client, or other online game stores. All I want is to be able to
purchase DRM-free games and be able to download standalone installers for them, which I can back up and do what I want with. As long as that continues to be possible; all games sold on GOG.com continue to be DRM-free; and Galaxy continues to be optional, I will continue to shop on GOG.com.
high rated
SmollestLight: Since its launch, the most requested new feature has been the option to buy games not only from GOG.COM, but from other platforms
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy#order=votes_total
high rated
I definitely DO NOT feel good about this announcement for the following reasons:

- I feel that it is unavoidable that this will lead to games with DRM from 3rd party stores being sold via GOG's storefront. GOG promoting sales of games with DRM (even if they are actually being bought from a 3rd party service) opposes GOG's DRM-free policy and weakens the unique/superior DRM-free market that CDPR has created.

- Partnering with Epic feels like the wrong choice here because Epic Games is known for paying millions of dollars to restrict access to games via exclusive agreements with 3rd party developers. Supporting Epic's restrictive business model contradicts GOG's consumer-focused mission. In addition, recent litigation by Epic against Apple makes collaborating with Epic on any store-related project a MAJOR legal and financial risk. I hope that CDPR has ironclad legal protections in place regarding commission percentages on sales of Epic Games Store games made via GOG's store.

- I am concerned that this will probably make it harder for me to find GOG's games for sale because games from other storefronts are being promoted instead. Did CDPR consider that this may actually draw customers away from GOG by helping customers build libraries on other services?

- Nothing has been said about whether there will be any guarantees that no personal data be provided to Epic as part of this change to GOG. Will 3rd party stores be able to access user data from GOG's store? This ambiguity makes me uneasy despite the fact that GOG has up until now been all about protecting user data.

So overall this upcoming change to GOG confuses me because it appears to go against GOG's mission statement and makes me very nervous because it seems like it could lead to other stores being in a position where they can strongly influence portions of GOG's operations. I really hope that this is a side project that is COMPLETELY optional, and also hope that this partnership does not change GOG's user-oriented policies so much that I am forced to reevaluate my personal policy to buy from GOG instead of Steam whenever possible.
Post edited October 01, 2020 by SpikedWallMan
high rated
Dear GOG,

This feels like the biggest sucker punch. I wish I could speak more intelligently about this announcement, - maybe that's because we had to hear about this elsewhere instead from GOG first. Where's the big announcement? Again, GOG late to the party with their "good news". Shall I just pack up my stuff and go elsewhere? I don't see a great benefit other than GOG gaining a revenue stream from DRM'd titles.

Just wow.
high rated
No "good news" in the title?

Well at least you learned something from that, GOG.