It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EDIT: this is in response to Alle090 on the previous page, I didn't notice it made a new page*

Only seen this update lag with CP2077 on 1.2, nothing else to date - though I have never used 2.0 so I can't really say for that side of the fence.

Probably also helps that I have nearly a TB free on the drive that it is installed on and patience to let it go through the process.

Other then that? 1.2.67.58 been flawless for everything, no errors (for me) at all, just have to make sure you use the customized shortcut suggested on the first page when you launch it otherwise you have to install it all over again. Dismiss those update prompts and you'll be fine they pop up at regular intervals but they don't disrupt any gameplay if you have something running.
Post edited December 25, 2020 by Dawezy
Dawezy: EDIT: this is in response to Alle090 on the previous page, I didn't notice it made a new page*

Only seen this update lag with CP2077 on 1.2, nothing else to date - though I have never used 2.0 so I can't really say for that side of the fence.

Probably also helps that I have nearly a TB free on the drive that it is installed on and patience to let it go through the process.

Other then that? 1.2.67.58 been flawless for everything, no errors (for me) at all, just have to make sure you use the customized shortcut suggested on the first page when you launch it otherwise you have to install it all over again. Dismiss those update prompts and you'll be fine they pop up at regular intervals but they don't disrupt any gameplay if you have something running.
Ok, thank you for the information!
I will try rollingback to GOG 1.2 later on because my experience with updating CyberPunk is horrible due to this lag.
It feels like its confirming the HASH of each and every file twice, so the drive goes 100% the whole time.

Whitelist Steam has no issues pushing a 50 gb patch for certain games on the same drive.
Alle090: I will try rolling back to GOG 1.2 later on because my experience with updating CyberPunk is horrible due to this lag.
Not sure running a brand-new game through a years-old client is a solid idea.
Blue_Three: Not sure running a brand-new game through a years-old client is a solid idea.
An idea much more solid than that flimsy crap 2.0 has turned out to be. If you want an unfinished client to launch your unfinished game just for the spirit of it, sure, go ahead. But the point about v1.2 is that it's the last actually properly working client we got from GoG.

As for "slow updates", no idea what that's about, never noticed anything odd with my v1.2 and don't know about anything else.
Though if I had one gripe about ye'ol Galaxy 1.2 is that there is no like .. Dark theme, kind of option (unless there is and I can't see it?..). Alot easier on the eyes when stuff is darker for me. Did they ever keep a changelog for all of the things they did for 1.2? or it's all about the forced update 2.0 beta now?

Other then that, I do like what 1.2 gives me - an extremely simple organized list of my titles with options to rollback versions and only update them when I select the option to.
BlackSun: As for "slow updates", no idea what that's about, never noticed anything odd with my v1.2 and don't know about anything else.
My 1.2 still works like a charm, too. I'd think that connection issues are related to the server side, so the client version doesn't matter.

I won't upgrade to an unstable version of Galaxy, unfortunately the GOG support seems to be extra busy with all the Cyberpunk mess.

I wonder what the development team is doing and whether or not they are now involved in some Cyberpunk work. Something behind the scenes must go horribly wrong in Galaxy development. I still haven't bought any game in the past several months on GOG, it's a pity.
high rated
Dawezy: Though if I had one gripe about ye'ol Galaxy 1.2 is that there is no like .. Dark theme
Yeah, that would have been nice.

Dawezy: Other then that, I do like what 1.2 gives me - an extremely simple organized list of my titles with options to rollback versions and only update them when I select the option to.
Almost like utility is the actual value of an application, hmh? What a novel concept! To them, apparently.
But they had stopped working on 1.2 a long time ago to "focus" on 2.0, which then was released alongside 1.2 for many months, before they then decided to... not fix any of the major issues the beta still had, and still forced everyone running 1.2 to get on 2.0 instead. Kind of a similar situation to what happened with the CP2077 release, it would seem.

At that point, I just broke loose. To me, Galaxy is nothing but a useful tool to keep my stuff up to date and browse my tagged library in a utilitarian way. And a broken tool will either be repaired, replaced, or discarded.

My first contact with Galaxy 2.0 led to me repairing the more reliable and thus, superior 1.2 instead. Much easier to salvage.

My next contact with 2.0 will decide about whether I'll be discarding it completely, and GoG better be very careful about forcefully breaking the one tool [v1.2] that works fine before the replacement is ready - for a second time. When they break 1.2 again, 2.0 better be at least as good in terms of simplicity and utility. Don't try to fix what ain't broken - and don't forcefully break what you got before you're actually able to replace it. I'll be evaluating the actual utility of 2.0 very carefully when that day comes, and it'd better be rock solid, then.

hellfire.231: Something behind the scenes must go horribly wrong in Galaxy development. I still haven't bought any game in the past several months on GOG, it's a pity.
It already had been, for what seemed like a year or so, back then. The beta they released alongside 1.2 seemed like it had been flat out abandoned for a looong while, until they made it the mandatory update. Didn't pay too much attention ever since, though, but it really didn't leave a good taste for me.
Post edited January 11, 2021 by BlackSun
I like your style, BlackSun, well said mate. ^_^

It's a damn shame though that it's pretty much guaranteed that GoG will likely never look back on previous versions and only steamroll forward with this eternal forced beta.. I wont throw dirt on them because I've never had any issues that I've considered to be bad personally (plus I'm too old for this shit, don't care lol) but I'm sure in maybe the next decade they will get ontop of this 2.0 blunder and something good might come from it.

Guess I'm an optimist but at the same time I won't be holding my breath ^^;
I just want to sort by purchase date. And, hide stuff I am done with.

And, somehow it is now showing games I own on Steam.

I'm still on 1.2 on my main machine and 2.x on my laptop.
running punk on G1.2 will not speed updates because the issue is their sever not our client
I'd suggest waiting for Galaxy 2.0 to go out of beta, and only install it then - preferably on a fresh Windows install, or at least with no remaining files of previous instances of Galaxy.

The lack of regular updates seems to suggest they're working on something more substantial. It's been a beta for over a year now, and I'm not going to have it on my system until they feel ready to push a release version.

Edit: Obviously this would be a different story if I actually needed Galaxy for any of the games I'm currently playing. But since that's not the case, I'm just gonna go with the offline installers in the meantime if needed.
Post edited January 27, 2021 by Blue_Three
Blue_Three: I'd suggest waiting for Galaxy 2.0 to go out of beta, and only install it then - preferably on a fresh Windows install, or at least with no remaining files of previous instances of Galaxy.

The lack of regular updates seems to suggest they're working on something more substantial. It's been a beta for over a year now, and I'm not going to have it on my system until they feel ready to push a release version.

Edit: Obviously this would be a different story if I actually needed Galaxy for any of the games I'm currently playing. But since that's not the case, I'm just gonna go with the offline installers in the meantime if needed.
And in the meantime...
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/proper_access_to_a_client_version_thats_not_still_in_beta
high rated
Blue_Three: The lack of regular updates seems to suggest they're working on something more substantial.
I'm going to play devil's advocate here and imply that it might also suggest they're not really working on it at all anymore.
Blue_Three: The lack of regular updates seems to suggest they're working on something more substantial.
Rineux: I'm going to play devil's advocate here and imply that it might also suggest they're not really working on it at all anymore.
In which case, given the current nowhere near ready state of the client, it would make even more sense to roll back to the last known stable version.
obliviondoll: In which case, given the current nowhere near ready state of the client, it would make even more sense to roll back to the last known stable version.
Oh I agree. I won't touch Galaxy 2 until it's ready and I just continue to hope they won't break 1.2 completely, but I see absolutely no chance in hell that they'd admit defeat and roll back.
I'd be content enough if they just removed that blue ribbon in 1.2 "reminding" me to update. Is there a way to get rid of this btw? It breaks the shop sometimes because it can obscure some of the listings.