It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,
I need a very simple instruction that show me how I can add the Battlenet launcher. I hope some of u who r more into this coding stuff can help me out here because its really frustrating that all of my attempts failing
high rated
I guess you're on windows? If yes, do this:

1) Download this (version 0.43)
2) extract the zip file
3) Put the extracted folder into your galaxy plugins folder (standard is
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\plugins\installed)
4) (Re)start Galaxy
5) Connect the integration in Galaxy

Edit: I updated the download link to the newest release. If you're not sure if this is the newest version, just go here and download the windows.zip from the lastest release.
Post edited December 12, 2019 by Riku55
Riku55: I guess you're on windows? If yes, do this:

1) Download this
2) extract the zip file
4) (Re)start Galaxy
Worked like a charm! Thank you!
I regret what I posted here, how do I delete it?
Post edited December 10, 2019 by 2thick2know
Works perfectly. The only thing that i changed was calling the folder battlenet in order to recognize it in later date.
Working good, well done.
Post edited December 10, 2019 by GameArk
I wouldn't recommend using that download link though as it's for an older version of the integration, even if it might update automatically. If it worked for you, alright, but for the future, use this link (version 0.43) instead, or even better, go here and download the windows.zip from the latest release.

Edit: I also updated the link in my initial answer.
Riku55: I guess you're on windows? If yes, do this:

1) Download this
2) extract the zip file
4) (Re)start Galaxy
jCARS: Worked like a charm! Thank you!
HarelMor: Works perfectly. The only thing that i changed was calling the folder battlenet in order to recognize it in later date.
GameArk: Working good, well done.
Post edited December 12, 2019 by Riku55
Riku55: I wouldn't recommend using that download link though as it's for an older version of the integration, even if it might update automatically. If it worked for you, alright, but for the future, use this link (version 0.43) instead, or even better, go here and download the windows.zip from the latest release.

Edit: I also updated the link in my initial answer.
GameArk: Working good, well done.
Riku55:
i even tried using the new link you mentioned and followed instructions exactly as explained and still does not pop up in my options. im lost
So I've done all those instructions. Twice actually. Thanks for posting.

It correctly links to my account, show my games and my battle tag. I even have a play button on my games. In this case, Overwatch.

However, when I go to hit the play button, GOG tells me its launching a battlenet game, and then my browser window opens up on www.blizzard.com/en-us/apps/battle.net/desktop which is so unhelpful I can't even. I have the desktop app already installed...

Wait I just realized that while my windows runs on C: I've installed GOG on my D: drive. Battle.net is also installed on D: Pretty sure that's my issue. Anyone know where I can change the target to look for it on D: ?

Edit: Looking into this further, I'm poking around the code and I don't see any place where its directing it to look in any particular place. Furthermore, if I'm interpreting this correctly it appears that if the desktop app wasn't installed I should get some kind of error message like "Battle.net not installed" which I am definitely NOT getting. It just opens the webpage.
Post edited December 13, 2019 by Shadai
Yeah, I followed the instructions closely (my install directory is elsewhere, but I am sure I'm copying the proper directory into the proper place).

I wonder if, because my Battle.net install is also in a different place (even though I always install in the suggested address), the plug-in is not recognizing its existence.
Okay, for those of you struggling with this website opening behavior instead of the game launching as expected.

After some painstaking searching on the topic, I found the following (forgive me, gog won't let me post links)

github.com/FriendsOfGalaxy/galaxy-integration-battlenet/issues/29

On that page, it directs you to look at your registry. If you don't find battle.net in either of those two locations please continue. If you do find it, well, I'm not sure where you should go from here.

Apparently my install of Battle.net on my D: drive isolated itself from windows. Indeed, not only could I not find it in the registry, but I also could not find Battle.net in the start menu even. I could launch it because I used the laucher.exe file inside the D: drive Battle.net folder, and pinned it to the taskbar and never thought anything was wrong.

So I tried a reinstall of Battle.net. Except when I did, it just "reinstalled" it over my current install and it basically did nothing. Just reopened the Battle.net launcher. So of course when I went back to GOG and hit "Launch" I got the dreaded website window.

Onto nuclear option then. Since my windows install literally did not recognize Battle.net as being even a program it ran outside of the icon on my taskbar, I went to my D: drive in explorer and deleted the entire Battle.net folder. Now, my blizzard games do reside in D: as well, the launcher is instructed to load them there. I did not have to delete those games, just the Battle.net folder.

Once deleted, I then ran the installer again, and this time installed Battle.net to C: drive. At this point I just wanted it to work, but I suspect that when the installer asked me where I wanted to install it, I could have pointed it to D: again and it would have put the correct registry entries into windows (ie, Windows would know that it does indeed exist).

Anywho, installed the launcher to C:, booted it up, insured that my games were still there (they were) and that under settings the launcher was still correctly pointing to the files where those games were located in the D: drive (it did). Then I shut the launcher down, pulled GOG back up, whispered a prayer ("Hold onto your butts") and hit the "Launch" button under Overwatch.

Worked like a charm. The launcher appeared, auto launched into Overwatch (Thank you, Sam Jackson).

TL;DR: If it directs you to the website to install, perhaps something is wrong with your installation. Check it, then maybe try and reinstall or 3 to see if it corrects your problem.
Hey guys, slight different problem here. I can link the plugin allright, just with every other one (bethesda, twitch, you name it, everything works flawlessly). Except battle.net. I link the plugin, log in, connect succefully but then I can't see any game. Zero. Neich. Checked the registry and the client is installed correctly (but that shouldn't matter), tried downloading Hearthstone from the battle net client and everything is fine. I even unistalled the plugin a few times and no deal, I can't see any battle net game on galaxy. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Attachments:
Always get the latest here: github.com/FriendsOfGalaxy/galaxy-integration-blizzard/releases
fei: Hey guys, slight different problem here. I can link the plugin allright, just with every other one (bethesda, twitch, you name it, everything works flawlessly). Except battle.net. I link the plugin, log in, connect succefully but then I can't see any game. Zero. Neich. Checked the registry and the client is installed correctly (but that shouldn't matter), tried downloading Hearthstone from the battle net client and everything is fine. I even unistalled the plugin a few times and no deal, I can't see any battle net game on galaxy. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Same issue here, I tried to install the plugin from gog client and by downloading it directly from github.com/FriendsOfGalaxy/galaxy-integration-blizzard/releases

The login to battle.net is fine but no game displayed.
sempre que vou tentar abrir aparecer o erro mfc140u.dll
ja fis de tudo e até esse sistema que você nós ensina aqui mas não consigo resolver isso. saber de mas algum modo pra resolver isso ficarei muito grato