It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
The goal behind GOG GALAXY 2.0 is to bring all your games and friends together in one place. Today, a new partner joins us and takes us another step closer to achieving it.

We’re happy to add to GOG GALAXY 2.0 the official integration with Epic Games Store, which is the second most connected external platform in the app, says Oleg Klapovsky, SVP at GOG. Together with GOG.COM and Xbox Live, those official integrations are bringing a more seamless and reliable experience to gamers.

We’re excited that Epic Games Store integration has come to GOG GALAXY 2.0, said Steve Allison, General Manager of the Epic Games Store. It’s an important step towards breaking down walls between PC stores, as it enables a unified experience for players to manage their PC games library independent of where their games were purchased.

The new official integration is the latest addition to GOG GALAXY 2.0, which we’re constantly improving with features requested by gamers. One of the recently added was the ability to see all your gaming subscriptions in one place. It helps gamers to conveniently browse, install, and launch games from an overwhelming amount of titles available on each subscription.
Post edited July 22, 2020 by elcook
high rated
balanceofpower: Epic is not a bogeyman and they are not owned by China neither in whole nor in part; I believe TenCent has a small investment in them but they are not the Chinese government and TenCent's investment does not grant ownership or say in the company.

Besides, why would the CCP want your data? You think they're heavily invested in your playing Kings Quest V for the 100th time? You think President Xi is coming to claim your GOG library? LOL

Silly goose.
The relevant information that is being gathered consists not of entries in the GOG library, but names, email-adresses, system specs etc.

The investment of TenCent into EGS is 49% (according to a recent wikipedia article), what implies Epic Games is practically owned by China. The country where Epic Games Store HQ resides, South-Africa is known to have become more or less a satellite state on China's behalf in recent years (mainly due to ANC party governance). From that perspective it appears doubtful that an Epic client could be 100% trustworthy for any consumer.

The propaganda and policy of the CCP has become highly aggressive in recent times, especially towards western countries (google wolf-warrior policy). Digital warfare included. One of the main interests China is currently having is to get a grip on dissidents living in Western societies with spying and subversion. The case of Hongkong is a current example of how much the CCP cares about free societies.

It is very easy to believe that one's digital world is somewhat detached from reality. You may call other people names, but that doesn't change the factual situation.
Post edited June 14, 2021 by Rincemind
Glad to hear you're also refraining from playing any Unreal Engine games then?
Rineux: Glad to hear you're also refraining from playing any Unreal Engine games then?
It's pretty easy to avoid the Epic store, so why not just do that first?

If you like to refrain from playing games that use the Unreal Engine on top of that, be my guest. :)
Hi guys! I have a little problem with an official EGS integration. Games purchased in the EGS ((Detroit, Tony Hawk etc) are not displayed on the GOG Galaxy main screen in the Recently played section. For some reason the GOG Galaxy does not know when the game was last launched, howver it track my EGS playtime.
I wonder if anyone else has stumbled onto that.
Hello there.

I used to hear that GOG Galaxy would be an optional client, not required to play your games (except for multiplayer based ones, that require constant connection to online servers in order to stream process data).

Interestingly, software licensed from the EGS is being made available to play, through the GOG Galaxy client directly.
If I am to understand correctly, the official EGS integration is practically an account redirect codeblock, that allows the GOG Galaxy client to assume the core operations of the EGS client, like downloading game data and updates, game license validation, tracking game library interaction e.t.c..
Basically, mimiking the operation of the EGS client for the sake of neatly presenting the client shell that houses it.

Might I be too naive or grandiose to suggest that GOG.com could gradually transcend to the status of information broking Godhood, related to game/movie digital stores, by evolving into the omni-administrating/collecting, power-server hub of license/data traffic, through dozens of stores/services, serving customers with diverse countries of origin, ages, incomes, entertainment interests, online activity background?
Sifting from being the underdog salesman to being the best 3rd party interconnectivity and data exchange service every marketer has ever dreamed of.

Possibly breaking promises of DRM freedom, might be the least of your worries, when GOG Galaxy's greatest one was tagged as
"privacy".

It would be freakishly ... divine, woudn't it indeed.

Cheers.
Post edited August 24, 2021 by FateIsOneEdge
balanceofpower: Epic is not a bogeyman and they are not owned by China neither in whole nor in part; I believe TenCent has a small investment in them but they are not the Chinese government and TenCent's investment does not grant ownership or say in the company.

Besides, why would the CCP want your data? You think they're heavily invested in your playing Kings Quest V for the 100th time? You think President Xi is coming to claim your GOG library? LOL

Silly goose.
Rincemind: The relevant information that is being gathered consists not of entries in the GOG library, but names, email-adresses, system specs etc.

The investment of TenCent into EGS is 49% (according to a recent wikipedia article), what implies Epic Games is practically owned by China. The country where Epic Games Store HQ resides, South-Africa is known to have become more or less a satellite state on China's behalf in recent years (mainly due to ANC party governance). From that perspective it appears doubtful that an Epic client could be 100% trustworthy for any consumer.

The propaganda and policy of the CCP has become highly aggressive in recent times, especially towards western countries (google wolf-warrior policy). Digital warfare included. One of the main interests China is currently having is to get a grip on dissidents living in Western societies with spying and subversion. The case of Hongkong is a current example of how much the CCP cares about free societies.

It is very easy to believe that one's digital world is somewhat detached from reality. You may call other people names, but that doesn't change the factual situation.
Rince with all due respect your concerns about China and the CCP are overblown and overstated. Firstly, TenCent does not represent an arm of the CCP anymore than Amazon represents the United States government. TenCent wants to make money same as any other corporation. Now the problems of global capitalism aside that's fair game.

I find it funny, but also convenient, that as soon as China's companies start out-"Capitalist-ing" the Capitalist West suddenly everyone's concerned about China.

And for the record, I'm no China apologist either. It's a heinous government and the things they're doing to the Uighur people is, from all accounts, inhuman and needs to be stopped. However being paranoid about Tencent investments is not one of them.
Rincemind: I want to inform you that I won't use GOG Galaxy any longer and have deinstalled it permanently from my system. I approve less and less GOG's business policy.

I refrain from supporting Epic Games Store, since it is presumably a data collector for the government of China. It seems rather likely that one of Epic client's purposes might be to install system vulnerabilities, also on behalf of China.

GOG's decision that Galaxy no longer supports Windows 7 is another nail in the coffin.
Couldn't you just not install the Epic plugin? Seems a little overboard.
Несколько дней назад GOG Galaxy перестал запускаться, поддержка молчит. Лаунчер не может связаться с серверами GOG, не работает GOG Galaxy на трёх совершенно разных компьютерах (на два из них GOG никогда до вчерашнего дня не устанавливался), провайдеры интернета разные ! Пошарил по форумам - всё что там описывается не помогло. GOG Galaxy мёртв !?

Silly goose.
Rincemind: The relevant information that is being gathered consists not of entries in the GOG library, but names, email-adresses, system specs etc.

Yeah as if you wouldn't live in world of manufacturing consent and propaganda as well. Ever thought that what comes out the mouth - read PR department - of governments and companies, especially say these USofA, where politics is dominated by their donor class (there are Princeton studies to this effect), might be as well biased and self-serving? Cisco, ships hardware with backdoors. Google, Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft, Amazon are not data mining? You - their users - are their product; they sell your behavior and preferences to their advertisers, or worse institutions like Cambridge Analytica, which are actually involved in influencing how people vote.

I strongly suggest for you to get a few good reads with:

Walter Lippmann's - Public Opinion (published in 1922)
Edward Bernays' - Propaganda (1928)

Edward L. Bernays is called "the father of public relations", '[h]is best-known campaigns include a 1929 effort to promote female smoking by branding cigarettes as feminist "Torches of Freedom" '

While at it also get a read into Chomsky's - Manufacturing Consent.

You don't want to install/use EGS? Fine. How about because of facts instead of regurgitated BS?

Facts like:
No shopping cart, even years after promising it; they couldn't even steal one from the 10's of e-stores available as open source.
That they try to monopolize the market by payed exclusives
That they work at a loss - surely not for the common greater good -, i.e. they are dumping prices, to attract customers.
That they rather invest in active influencer campaigning instead of product/service quality.
That their Apple/Google/MS store court case is just not only bogus but also based on fallacies and mainly window dressing and they tried to get "Bonus points" in the community with it, going so far as to weaponize the people.
That their major product - Fortnite BR (the real Fortnite is no more) - is a MTX ridden piece of garbage.
That they are using Fortnite to bind users to them with their "innovative" events and therewith coupled rewards system.
That Tim Sweeny is not an honest person, talking out both sides of his mouth right as the wind blows (Topics: Linux, Windows, "12% are not sustainable" ...)
whatever the privacy and human rights concerns of the spiritual leader here are
lol
i have an dedicated desktop pc for super private gaming and other semi productive fun stuff only

but since i installed the epic games launcher on it i also started developing top secret espionage tools against china on it
all written mostly in assembler language targeting ARM / the phones of officials but good commented though

also with this computer i visit sites on the net hosting weird and extreme / crazy content
if someone finds out about that...that info can be used to extort me to the ground

the all time to the pc connected webcam on top of my screen does not light up so it seem inactive all the time during my activities...i probably should disconnect anyway

bad thing too...on the desktop there i have a .txt file saved...content: all important passwords i need on a regular basis
and i have a pro tip for y'all: disable bitdefender...it only slows down you windows xp! and forget about any antivir software...they all are essentially spying tools searching all day through for files over and over again
hope i will not lose access to my game accounts through this dumb habits

btw free hong kong and happy vaxxing

ok anyway epic game launcher has a quite fucked up front end and i am glad about gog galaxy being a good solution to that
keep up the work cd project!!
Rineux: Glad to hear you're also refraining from playing any Unreal Engine games then?
I know I'm years late but this is a very idiotic comment. What an idiotic way to excuse idiocy.