It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
The goal behind GOG GALAXY 2.0 is to bring all your games and friends together in one place. Today, a new partner joins us and takes us another step closer to achieving it.

We’re happy to add to GOG GALAXY 2.0 the official integration with Epic Games Store, which is the second most connected external platform in the app, says Oleg Klapovsky, SVP at GOG. Together with GOG.COM and Xbox Live, those official integrations are bringing a more seamless and reliable experience to gamers.

We’re excited that Epic Games Store integration has come to GOG GALAXY 2.0, said Steve Allison, General Manager of the Epic Games Store. It’s an important step towards breaking down walls between PC stores, as it enables a unified experience for players to manage their PC games library independent of where their games were purchased.

The new official integration is the latest addition to GOG GALAXY 2.0, which we’re constantly improving with features requested by gamers. One of the recently added was the ability to see all your gaming subscriptions in one place. It helps gamers to conveniently browse, install, and launch games from an overwhelming amount of titles available on each subscription.
Post edited July 22, 2020 by elcook
HarutoraJoushiro: I still have to open EGS to play games I have on EGS. So what is the actual and functional benefit of being able to just add the names of games into GOG library? It is just superficial and in my opinion, just a bloated feature. Since I will have to open Steam to play steam library games, EGS to play EGS library games, why do I even need to add just the names of those games into GOG library? Someone please clarify this for me because I don't understand it. I never got the point when Steam added the similar feature years ago, I don't still get the point now.
There was a time when people owned like 10 games, if they had a lot of them, but now they have hundreds, splitted in different platforms and/or sites.

So the issues are:

- People can't even remember what games they have, and where are them.
- If there's a discount for a game, maybe there's the need to check if it's already owned elsewhere.
- If you have the same game on multiple platform and want to continue play it after a while, you'll have to remember first in what platform you played it.
- You'll have to manage and TAG stuff you want to play next, or that you have already played, because time is limited and games are a lot, so splitting all these notes on different platform will make the thing very difficult to follow.

The point is not to remove all the other clients/services (even if it could have been really cool), but to have a single library to check.
If all the games in the world where DRM free and with a common multiplayer network protocol, there could have been even more choices for managers/lauchers, but it's not like this... so for now you'll have to use different clients, and Galaxy is trying to bridge them all...
powergod: If all the games in the world where DRM free and with a common multiplayer network protocol, there could have been even more choices for managers/lauchers, but it's not like this... so for now you'll have to use different clients, and Galaxy is trying to bridge them all...
Something something LAN play, good times. Sure, it can still work especially through virtual lan, but nowadays MP is delivered though a lobby system per client; there are a few exceptions with crossplay between steam and GOG (shadow warriors 2, grim dawn and a couple of others) but that's a bit of a stretch, which also requires galaxy anyway.
HarutoraJoushiro: I still have to open EGS to play games I have on EGS. So what is the actual and functional benefit of being able to just add the names of games into GOG library? It is just superficial and in my opinion, just a bloated feature. Since I will have to open Steam to play steam library games, EGS to play EGS library games, why do I even need to add just the names of those games into GOG library? Someone please clarify this for me because I don't understand it. I never got the point when Steam added the similar feature years ago, I don't still get the point now.
powergod: There was a time when people owned like 10 games, if they had a lot of them, but now they have hundreds, splitted in different platforms and/or sites.

So the issues are:

- People can't even remember what games they have, and where are them.
- If there's a discount for a game, maybe there's the need to check if it's already owned elsewhere.
- If you have the same game on multiple platform and want to continue play it after a while, you'll have to remember first in what platform you played it.
- You'll have to manage and TAG stuff you want to play next, or that you have already played, because time is limited and games are a lot, so splitting all these notes on different platform will make the thing very difficult to follow.

The point is not to remove all the other clients/services (even if it could have been really cool), but to have a single library to check.
If all the games in the world where DRM free and with a common multiplayer network protocol, there could have been even more choices for managers/lauchers, but it's not like this... so for now you'll have to use different clients, and Galaxy is trying to bridge them all...
Ummm... I can just open those clients and see what is what.... none of those problems seem like any problem to me...
@CD PROJECT RED/GOG DEVELOPERS:

You are making for xxx millions dollars the gretest game ever put dont wanna put the effort to set a nooby coder for short into this ugly UI issue i wanna close down GOG Galaxy 2.0 immediatly again, please look screenshot attached ->
Attachments:
SmollestLight: The goal behind GOG GALAXY 2.0 is to bring all your games and friends together in one place. Today, a new partner joins us and takes us another step closer to achieving it.
To be blunt, your crappy launcher is just hard crashing my PC after it was installed in startup without asking permission. Took 2 hardware reset button presses before I was fast enough to purge it. Now your bloatware princess is standing between me and Cyberpunk 2077 and I cannot even get a refund with your system using Covid as the excuse for making me wait weeks to get a refund or a Steam key.

I wish I had known GOG was a complete disaster before I sank money into it. This is outrageous.
It would be nice to view Epic Games Store achievements (of supported games) in Galaxy. I guess this will be implemented once profiles go live there?
I have purchased a handful of games on GOG, love the idea of DRM free games! However, after my recent purchase I saw the integration with epic, if I had known that ahead of time I would not have made that purchase. It is difficult to put into words how much I dislike that store front, CEO, and overall douchbaggery that is EPIC.

GOG should provide this information before a purchase... not after.
Leaving politics aside, this "official integration" stopped working a few weeks ago. I suppose I could wrestle Galaxy 2.0 Beta to the mat and force it to include those games I've already installed but 1) that doesn't fix the issue for games not yet installed, and 2) I wouldn't have to freaking manually link games if the integration still worked.

Anyone else having this issue? Is there a workaround to list not-yet-installed Epic games?
rickyrockfish: I have purchased a handful of games on GOG, love the idea of DRM free games! However, after my recent purchase I saw the integration with epic, if I had known that ahead of time I would not have made that purchase. It is difficult to put into words how much I dislike that store front, CEO, and overall douchbaggery that is EPIC.

GOG should provide this information before a purchase... not after.
Dude...like what are you on about?
The integration is a plugin for the GOG Galaxy 2.0 client so for those who have games in the Epic Store can see them and launch them from GOG Galaxy 2.0...Epic is not getting nobodies money or info xD
The integration keeps crashing
I bought the game handful Jioji, love the idea of DRM-free games! However, after a recent purchase, I have seen integration with the epic, if I knew the first time I will not buy. In other words, it is hard to say that I dislike the storefront, CEO and overall douchebaggery is EPIC.
GOG should provide this information before purchase ... not later.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Impression of Planet Proxima Centauri with New the stars, Centauri a and Centauri B - Information about Proxima Centauri .
Post edited February 15, 2021 by Happy_10
Hi, I could have sworn the integrations for Steam, Uplay and Origin were listed under official integrations in an earlier build. Am I wrong about that? I can now only find them under community integrations, I can't find any information regarding my question, maybe someone can clear that up for me?
herpmanthegermman: Hi, I could have sworn the integrations for Steam, Uplay and Origin were listed under official integrations in an earlier build. Am I wrong about that? I can now only find them under community integrations, I can't find any information regarding my question, maybe someone can clear that up for me?
They have been under community integrations for as long as I have been using v2.
I want to inform you that I won't use GOG Galaxy any longer and have deinstalled it permanently from my system. I approve less and less GOG's business policy.

I refrain from supporting Epic Games Store, since it is presumably a data collector for the government of China. It seems rather likely that one of Epic client's purposes might be to install system vulnerabilities, also on behalf of China.

GOG's decision that Galaxy no longer supports Windows 7 is another nail in the coffin.
Rincemind: I want to inform you that I won't use GOG Galaxy any longer and have deinstalled it permanently from my system. I approve less and less GOG's business policy.

I refrain from supporting Epic Games Store, since it is presumably a data collector for the government of China. It seems rather likely that one of Epic client's purposes might be to install system vulnerabilities, also on behalf of China.

GOG's decision that Galaxy no longer supports Windows 7 is another nail in the coffin.
Rince you need to take your meds. The voices causing your paranoia are getting out of hand.

Epic is not a bogeyman and they are not owned by China neither in whole nor in part; I believe TenCent has a small investment in them but they are not the Chinese government and TenCent's investment does not grant ownership or say in the company.

Besides, why would the CCP want your data? You think they're heavily invested in your playing Kings Quest V for the 100th time? You think President Xi is coming to claim your GOG library? LOL

Silly goose.
Post edited June 14, 2021 by balanceofpower