It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
obliviondoll: I think a more accurate phrasing would be "the majority of feedback on 2.0 is negative".

Technically, the majority of users haven't commented one way or the other on the 2.0 update. But the vast majority of those who have something to say are saying it's not ready for release yet. Even many of the people who really like it are openly saying it shouldn't be a forced update in the current state even though it does everything they personally want out of it.
Right you are. I had that in mind but unfortunately wrote something different that was misunderstood.

Whatsoever a lot of homework to do for GOG.
I can't run games where I use reshade from gog galaxy. If I run the games outside of galaxy they work, but with the application they do not start.
ZyloxDragon: Majority of users? How many people use Galaxy vs how many people have posted their dislike on the update? I have yet to see any polls/reviews that I can vote dislike.
obliviondoll: I think a more accurate phrasing would be "the majority of feedback on 2.0 is negative".

Technically, the majority of users haven't commented one way or the other on the 2.0 update. But the vast majority of those who have something to say are saying it's not ready for release yet. Even many of the people who really like it are openly saying it shouldn't be a forced update in the current state even though it does everything they personally want out of it.
most users of any service or product do not comment to the people providing the service or product. but i once heard the general rule of thumb is that basically only about 20% of users will comment.

although people who dislike something will tell more people about it so for both positive and negative feed back add 4 people for every 1 comment that you actually get.

yowshi: most users of any service or product do not comment to the people providing the service or product. but i once heard the general rule of thumb is that basically only about 20% of users will comment.
It used to be that studies showed 1% or even 0.1% depending on context, so that seems very high, but then again maybe the numbers changed over time.
yowshi: most users of any service or product do not comment to the people providing the service or product. but i once heard the general rule of thumb is that basically only about 20% of users will comment.
faroot: It used to be that studies showed 1% or even 0.1% depending on context, so that seems very high, but then again maybe the numbers changed over time.
i heard about 1/5th. but that number could easily be wrong and also context dependant. but honestly a lower number just makes things worse in this case.
Sepix: guessing it needs to be ready for cyberpunk.
faroot: Ok, maybe, but how would Galaxy 2.0 help with that?

lubwak: Maybe it will somehow be significant in the last promotional campaign push?
faroot: Again, that would be believable, but how would it do that?

(I can't believe that the UI/UX is so much worse in Galaxy 2.0. Very user unfriendly, very unprofessional, very much harder to use in multiple ways. Just getting to this forum we're posting in required research. Not just trial and error, actual research. I had to find a post on reddit explaining that one could sneak in to forums by going to a game page and going to its discussion and then switching to the main forum page from there. What a crock of kludge.)
Special promos? Themed client skin? "Cyberpunk glitches" or fake futuristic cyber break-in signs of the kind we saw on the Xbox conference maybe to immerse the users? My guess is as good as yours, but it does make sense they are planning something like this :)
high rated
faroot: Ok, maybe, but how would Galaxy 2.0 help with that?

Again, that would be believable, but how would it do that?

(I can't believe that the UI/UX is so much worse in Galaxy 2.0. Very user unfriendly, very unprofessional, very much harder to use in multiple ways. Just getting to this forum we're posting in required research. Not just trial and error, actual research. I had to find a post on reddit explaining that one could sneak in to forums by going to a game page and going to its discussion and then switching to the main forum page from there. What a crock of kludge.)
lubwak: Special promos? Themed client skin? "Cyberpunk glitches" or fake futuristic cyber break-in signs of the kind we saw on the Xbox conference maybe to immerse the users? My guess is as good as yours, but it does make sense they are planning something like this :)
well imma opt out of that thing if that's the case. i would rather have a functional system then a promotional stunt.
I really hate Galaxy 2.0!
Why is GOG forcing this crap on us?
high rated
I expect an automatic update to be a stable release. I never opted in to test a beta. If you are still calling it in beta, don't push the update to those of us who want to run a stable release.

The previous 1.2.67 version has been hidden but ftfy provided this link in this thread .
Attachments:
Post edited May 06, 2020 by rawmilk905
faroot: It used to be that studies showed 1% or even 0.1% depending on context, so that seems very high, but then again maybe the numbers changed over time.
yowshi: i heard about 1/5th. but that number could easily be wrong and also context dependant. but honestly a lower number just makes things worse in this case.
The rule of thumb for IN-PERSON sales of goods and services - specifically direct customer-facing physical stores open to the public - is around 1/5 of customers who will give you actual feedback while they're in your store.

It fluctuates between <1% and around 5% for phone-based, online, and other off-premises methods of purchase/sale of products or services.

So yeah, much, MUCH worse.
Galaxy 2.0 no longer starts at startup despite the auto start being ticked.
VWood: Galaxy 2.0 no longer starts at startup despite the auto start being ticked.
I had a recurring issue with 1.2 for a while where it would always launch at startup even when i told it not to. If I had to choose, I think I'd prefer your bug. Can we swap?
VWood: Galaxy 2.0 no longer starts at startup despite the auto start being ticked.
That's good news for me considering this update checked that box on my installation when I previously had it unchecked. I don't want anything auto launching itself on startup, and secretly checking this box to that with the latest update is bullshit.
When am I going to be able to play the games that I bought from GOG through the client? None of my purchased games show up as playable:

https://mantis2.gog.com/view.php?id=34343

I've been waiting for months now for this issue to be fixed along with other users who have had the same issue and reported it. You've had several updates and forced an update to 2.0 without fixing this major issue. It's a bit irritating to say the least.
ChronicJuiceboxx: When am I going to be able to play the games that I bought from GOG through the client? None of my purchased games show up as playable:

https://mantis2.gog.com/view.php?id=34343

I've been waiting for months now for this issue to be fixed along with other users who have had the same issue and reported it. You've had several updates and forced an update to 2.0 without fixing this major issue. It's a bit irritating to say the least.
I didn't found references on mantis if you installed it in the default folder (Program Files) or a custom one.

Also, try to check if you have the Galaxy folder inside this path "%appdata%\..\local\VirtualStore"
Post edited May 07, 2020 by powergod