It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
nefas21: If you disable your gog profile. You will constantly getting "Data can not be loaded" pop ups. That is just how unfinished this client is.
Oh, that's the reason... I was thinking it had issues with the firewall
It's not correctly filtering out hidden games and just dumping everything onto one screen.
just migrated, and I'm disappointed by the fact that so many GOG-bought games come with blurry, poor artwork...
My complaints so far:

- Missing sort/filter of "purchase date". when grabbing the offline installers and extras from new purchases for backup purposes it is much easier with that filter, instead of searching the entire library for them
- Does not show overlord+raising hell in library.
- None of the dungeon siege and deus ex games installed with the offline installers will launch from galaxy. Not that i would play them that way, but still, there's something wrong there.

Edit: apparently my last point can be fixed with an aditional step: "Verify/repair" the game, wich should not be required at all. Tested with DS2 and DS 3
Post edited May 02, 2020 by darkangelz
high rated
Missing a direct link from a game to the corresponding forum

Opening the main page of a game within GOG Galaxy 2.0 creates an error saying "Sorry, could not load data."

Missing an option to hide online status.

+++

Dear GOG developers. I'm not sure if only speak for myself but I did NOT want to take part within beta testing the new client. Within the former version of GOG Galaxy 1.2.xx I've unregistered from any kind of things like this and STILL got the new version.

Why?

I'd suggest you first release a final an fully working version before rollout.

Thanks
Also, I cannot boomark any forum page to the sidebar...
Sepix: guessing it needs to be ready for cyberpunk.
Ok, maybe, but how would Galaxy 2.0 help with that?

lubwak: Maybe it will somehow be significant in the last promotional campaign push?
Again, that would be believable, but how would it do that?

(I can't believe that the UI/UX is so much worse in Galaxy 2.0. Very user unfriendly, very unprofessional, very much harder to use in multiple ways. Just getting to this forum we're posting in required research. Not just trial and error, actual research. I had to find a post on reddit explaining that one could sneak in to forums by going to a game page and going to its discussion and then switching to the main forum page from there. What a crock of kludge.)
Boumouse: Fan de Gog Galaxy, mais j'attend toujours une maj avec les améliorations que j'ai cité dans un précédent post ...
You'll have a very long wait. Galaxy 2.0 still has the same severe problems after a year of work. That makes me think that it will still be broken even another year from now.

It is really hard to understand how that is even possible. Did they fail to hire UX professionals? Did they fail to hire a QA team to check whether problems are ever fixed? Did they fire 90% of their programmers? Or is the organization broken in some way?

Making something this broken the required version to use is another severe lapse of judgement on top of the bugs and design flaws themselves.

If they don't have the resources to fix a security bug in both 1.x and 2.0, then they should have fixed 1.x and reverted everyone to that, not vice versa.
Santiago: Maybe they moved all their devs over to Cyberpunk months ago? And that's why Galaxy gets zero updates? I have no idea but that would make sense to me. They already had to postpone that game, so...
That sounds very possible, but note that they didn't *have* to postpone it, they delayed it in order to release it with the new Playstation and the new Xbox -- I'm pretty sure that they want to make it a launch bonus in some console bundles.

Gog said that they will take advantage of the delay to polish Cyberpunk 2077 more, not that that was necessary nor the primary motivation.

Who knows what will happen now with all of those things, given the disruption of coronavirus, though.
Post edited May 02, 2020 by faroot
Sepix: guessing it needs to be ready for cyberpunk.
faroot: Ok, maybe, but how would Galaxy 2.0 help with that?
experience cyberpunk with our very own but fully optional brandnew super client gog2 that supports all other stores and cloudsaves and online friend list and other super features too! yada yada marketing bla bla marketing yada yada ...
Regarding the fact that a majority of users gave negative feedback for GOG Galaxy 2.0 I'd like to know what GOG will do now? And I'd prefer an official answer from one of the GOG members of the GOG team like chandra.

Since we wait for such an answer I suggest to stop the rollout/release of version 2.0, add features that are missing and fix bugs. Also I think more (and more proper) testing will help to avoid another catastrophe like this one.

Personally I really would like to know what made GOG release such a piece of junk after such a long time of development? I've expected not a perfect software but at least a version which is worth to stay on my hard disk.

Hope they learn from it...
kaonashi_de: Regarding the fact that a majority of users gave negative feedback for GOG Galaxy 2.0 I'd like to know what GOG will do now? And I'd prefer an official answer from one of the GOG members of the GOG team like chandra.
Majority of users? How many people use Galaxy vs how many people have posted their dislike on the update? I have yet to see any polls/reviews that I can vote dislike.
kaonashi_de: Regarding the fact that a majority of users gave negative feedback for GOG Galaxy 2.0 I'd like to know what GOG will do now? And I'd prefer an official answer from one of the GOG members of the GOG team like chandra.
ZyloxDragon: Majority of users? How many people use Galaxy vs how many people have posted their dislike on the update? I have yet to see any polls/reviews that I can vote dislike.
I think a more accurate phrasing would be "the majority of feedback on 2.0 is negative".

Technically, the majority of users haven't commented one way or the other on the 2.0 update. But the vast majority of those who have something to say are saying it's not ready for release yet. Even many of the people who really like it are openly saying it shouldn't be a forced update in the current state even though it does everything they personally want out of it.
obliviondoll: I think a more accurate phrasing would be "the majority of feedback on 2.0 is negative".
Ah okay, I was thinking I might have missed some sort of voting thing to stop the auto update to beta.
high rated
It might be time to just uninstall the client and go back to managing the game installers manually.
high rated
rastilin: It might be time to just uninstall the client and go back to managing the game installers manually.
i just uninstalled 2.0 and got old version . im not going to use this garbage 2.0 version anytime soon. ill leave the envirement if its going to be forced on me. as for our agreement when i bought a game - its my copy and ill dl every one of them and install them without you managing them like youre doing right now.

and if you change the rules - then good bye

- w nosie mam że jestescie Polską firmą , jezeli zlamiecie umowe to gryzcie gruz.