It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra

If you are currently still using GOG GALAXY 1.2 rest assured that your favorite elements are present in the new version.
fronzelneekburm: Oh yeah? Does that mean that the tags I have assigned to my favorite games now carry over to Galaxy 2.0?

Because when I tried Galaxy 2.0, it either didn't have that feature or it was so well-hidden that I couldn't find it.
I'm also try 2.0 version and when understand that it don't have tags I've created before, than backed to 1.2 version. My Tags - My Treasure!
Another update has come out. Added a function to run additional game files. The function is cool, but the drawback of the update is still there. After removing the game additional files need to be added again and after the re-installation and prescribe the path to them again, as the settings are simply taken away from the game profile. That's a pitty.
last update completely screwed with my stats ( not detecting half of my owned games and play time )and tags
The "Custom executables" feature is awesome :)
I think it can be a little improved:
It would be great with possibility to on/off disabling the "Play" button, when custom executable is launched.
Why have you removed the total number of games per platform number that used to be at the bottom of each list? This was my way of knowing if all of my games were being added to my collection or not.

For example, I have tons of games on Steam, and the best way of knowing if the games were added or not was to look at the total number of games I had at the bottom of the list. Now I will need to go through every game I own from each platform to see if they have been added or not.
Will we be able to add custom executables to non-GOG games as well?
I've seen this new update which categorizes now games that are thru Subscription (which I imagine is GwG, Gamepass, Origin Access, etc.)

But it's not working properly, apparently.

I have many games I play via game pass and GwG I've got before this update, but only the latest four GwG i've got are displayed.

And there is even no option to mark if I own the game or have it on subscription.
Does anyone know if there is a way to add new / additional shortcut to my games.For instance if i want for my library to show both anno 1404 and expansion anno 1404-venice?
When trying to add game manually it lists Anno 1404 gold edition,and interestingly Anno 1404 base game,but not Venice expansion
Compared to the fairly simple launcher that was 1.2 this feels as though it wants to be more of a Swiss army knife, but at a cost of making some things require more clicks to reach: I miss being able to reach a game's downloads page straight from a list page, for example. And then you have odd bits that don't feel like a configurable power toy, like the stuff-popular-among-strangers display on the Recent page, which I see has a whole thread dedicated to the desire to turn it off.

It's good to see custom launch arguments from 1.2 are preserved by the update; however, it seems to think they're all built-in ones and makes the label 'defined by integration' and non-editable, so I had to recreate them anyway in order to give them useful names.

The update mostly preserved my settings but silently re-enabled 'Launch GOG Galaxy at system startup' when I had it disabled in 1.2.

Most of my issues at the moment arise from trying the Humble plugin.
- First it detected a few games I have already in my Games folder - nice - but I also got a phantom Steamworld Heist entry in my installed games list. (It actually launched Steamworld Dig, which is installed.) Trying to uninstall seemed to do nothing.
- Also, it detected Hot Tin Roof and included it in the installed games list... but as an installable game, not a launchable one.
- After I exited the client and restarted, it had forgotten about all the Humble games it had found and put in my installed games list (including the phantom Heist) except The Floor Is Jelly.
- After another restart it had forgotten about that too.
- As if by magic, just now they reappeared again while I was composing this post. Including Heist, sadly.

All of which leaves me not even sure where plugin errors end and core client bugs start. (And I can't find a way to relaunch the plugin config and check its About tab, so if I wanted to report plugin bugs I'd presumably have to dig around on GitHub to find out who the maintainer is.)
high rated
My feedback on Galaxy 2.0:

1. Where is my shelf? I really liked that game library look. The tile positioning is bland. You do not change what works!

2. How can I easily reach the forums? Now it is a total drag - the only way I found is to go to the store page, choose a random game and enter its forums only to be able to reach the general forums from there. ARGH! Not to mention, I cannot see a way to reach the game-related forum from my game's page. You haven't thought this through, have you?

3. I feel it is chaotic. It's (almost) all there, but WHERE?!

4. The client aside, you could actually work on your game updates. I read some time ago it all has go through your staff. Death Road to Canada was last updated 2 years ago. There have been two new major game content updates along the way. It does not make me particularly want to buy my new games here, you know. I have always wanted to support you and the DRM-free installer option is a selling point, but you have to remember you work for a good opinion for years and you can lose it really easily. I really want you to succeed, but you need to do better than what I have seen in recent years. I do not expect flash-speed, direct support that I got here at the beginning, but basic functionalities. You can always build on those once the need for them has been satisfied.
Post edited April 30, 2020 by lubwak
The new update does not add what I hoped for in my previous post, but I do not lose hope ...
Post edited April 30, 2020 by Boumouse
Where can we report bugs? Mantis seems to be only for 1.2.
Ie:
Steam games show up as installed even if they aren't (in my case Patrician IV and Patrician IV: Steam Special Edition).
Steam games with different launch options don't have all (in my case Civilization IV on steam lets me launch Warlords and Beyond the Sword too, interestingly Galaxy lets me launch Colonization and vanilla Civilization IV)
Uplay games that *are* installed, don't show up (in my case Heroes of Might and Magic VI)

Editing game titles doesn't works: I have in my library Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition on GOG, yet the name from the Steam version is default, when I try to edit the title it doesn't changes anything, still shows the Steam version's title (Fallout New Vegas - RU)
high rated
pro's:
it looks kind of snazzy i'll admit that.

con's:
Can't find the community access options. can't find it for games or for general forums.
Game list on the left is gone. Why was this done? i especially liked that the old version sorts that list on the left in order of most recrently played.
Game pages no longer have a consolidated management option. That drop down more button is something i found extremly convienant. on the 2.0 i have to go looking in multiple places in order to find everything i can find in 1.2 on one drop down button.

that's about it. i didn't look to much deeper after finding out those things i went to the GOG.com website to access the forums and find out how to revert. Please give us the option of having those features back.
the update function frightens me a bit.i have several games that needed special configurations (soldier of fortune,medal of honor and such)to meet my graphic settings widescreen and all that.i do hope it does not frekks this up.honestly i have better things to do than reconfiguring my +- 40 games with gog.in any case i will not import other platforms,i will play all on the plattform i wish and i like to decide it as i wish.i hate these computer automatisms i always customize my installs etc.i do this since +-30 years on the pc and i will not change my habits.you know old trees etc..........lol.lets hope for the best.

update 1 -30/04/2020 -1202 local time (GMT+2)

well wolfenstein seems ok -medal og honor i quickly saved the unnamed soldier configs(lucky me lol)

we seee how it proceeds,i will test all games and get back to you!!!! maybe it works better than i thought .(i tend to worst case scenarios,i know it is a bad habit,but then......)

apparently all went well,no changes in configs whatsoever.Now i need to get used to the new interface.
Post edited April 30, 2020 by renecyberdoc
I don't really like it. I liked my shelf on the side. Where I had whole list of my games. It was easy and simple. There is no direct connection to forums etc.
if you have problem with a game, there is no direct forum link, you need to spend hours to find a way to get there first. I know it was just released but come on. I know you can do better then this