It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
Any ETA on new update?its been 4 months since last major one...
RottenRotz: Any ETA on new update?its been 4 months since last major one...
Thanks! You answered my question. I went over to Playnite because of the GOG Galaxy 2.0 bugs and issues. I came back here today to see if they made any significant improvements since then. I guess they haven't made ANY improvements since then.
Fan de Gog Galaxy, mais j'attend toujours une maj avec les améliorations que j'ai cité dans un précédent post ...
RottenRotz: Any ETA on new update?its been 4 months since last major one...
STOPchris1: Thanks! You answered my question. I went over to Playnite because of the GOG Galaxy 2.0 bugs and issues. I came back here today to see if they made any significant improvements since then. I guess they haven't made ANY improvements since then.
Just few minor bug fixes two months ago...
No offense but Gog Galaxy 2.0. is a mess. It's been months and no update in sight. I can't even install my games through the client (keep getting a server error), instead I have to download the installation files from the GOG website and then scan the games after installation so they show up in my library.
Post edited April 18, 2020 by NecroKnight91
"GOG Galaxy cannot launch because it is already running on another account on this computer"

The 'lock-files' are still causing this issue, I think it is time to fix it.
Maybe they moved all their devs over to Cyberpunk months ago? And that's why Galaxy gets zero updates? I have no idea but that would make sense to me. They already had to postpone that game, so...
Santiago: Maybe they moved all their devs over to Cyberpunk months ago? And that's why Galaxy gets zero updates? I have no idea but that would make sense to me. They already had to postpone that game, so...
Hmm..didn't thought of that.That could probably be the case...
Filters.

I noticed that certain games are not filtered correctly. Fantasy General, for instance, is a turn based strategy but does not show up when filtering for turn based strategy.
Increasing the text size in Windows causes the UI in Galaxy 2.0 to increase to the point that some button move over each other and become unusable.
Santiago: Maybe they moved all their devs over to Cyberpunk months ago? And that's why Galaxy gets zero updates? I have no idea but that would make sense to me. They already had to postpone that game, so...
Just got an email stating they will be updating gog to 2.0 in the upcoming weeks.All features from 1.2 will be available in this build.So its coming out of beta apparently

If you are currently still using GOG GALAXY 1.2 rest assured that your favorite elements are present in the new version.
Oh yeah? Does that mean that the tags I have assigned to my favorite games now carry over to Galaxy 2.0?

Because when I tried Galaxy 2.0, it either didn't have that feature or it was so well-hidden that I couldn't find it.
Also, can somebody please explain to me why it takes Galaxy 2.0 10+ minutes to "import" my library (my GOG LIBRARY, mind you!), when 1.2 or Steam let me access my games instantly when I install them on a new machine? What's going on there?

If you are currently still using GOG GALAXY 1.2 rest assured that your favorite elements are present in the new version.
fronzelneekburm: Oh yeah? Does that mean that the tags I have assigned to my favorite games now carry over to Galaxy 2.0?
Because when I tried Galaxy 2.0, it either didn't have that feature or it was so well-hidden that I couldn't find it.
same here. that tagging system is really important to me. i've been using it on the website and in galaxy 1. pretty much the only reasing why i'm not using galaxy 2. hope this won't be forced on me or something.
Maybe I'm just not finding how to do this but in the old client I could navigate to the store page for a game from my games library. Now if I want to go to the store page for a game I have to switch over to the store and then search for the game. It's not incredibly time consuming but it was a convenient function for being able to quickly check on DLC pricing/availability for games.