It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
RottenRotz: Galaxy 2.0 is crippled for many users,when can we expect some updates?its been more than two months since the last one
woytazGOG: If you haven't already, please report the problems you find via "Report issue" in the cogwheel dropdown.

Feature updates are coming soon(tm), and a bug fix update sooner(tm) :) I can't say more than that, though.

RottenRotz: Every custom cover on all of my 300 games just went missing.ughhh
woytazGOG: We had some problems yesterday with user overrides disappearing but they should be long resolved. Your covers should reappear after restarting Galaxy but it might take a while, depending on the size of your library. If they do not reappear after waiting, please contact support.
@woytazGOG. Hello, can you help me with one question. Where I can find the latest (with all patches) Offline Setup file of GOG Galaxy version 1.2.xx. I cannot find it (I want to return to it because of luck main needed functions in version 2.0.xx).
Post edited March 23, 2020 by LifeLover
woytazGOG: If you haven't already, please report the problems you find via "Report issue" in the cogwheel dropdown.

Feature updates are coming soon(tm), and a bug fix update sooner(tm) :) I can't say more than that, though.

We had some problems yesterday with user overrides disappearing but they should be long resolved. Your covers should reappear after restarting Galaxy but it might take a while, depending on the size of your library. If they do not reappear after waiting, please contact support.
LifeLover: @woytazGOG. Hello, can you help me with one question. Where I can find the latest (with all patches) Offline Setup file of GOG Galaxy version 1.2.xx. I cannot find it (I want to return to it because of luck main needed functions in version 2.0.xx).
You can find a link in the footers of our pages. On the right you should see a purple button "Download GOG Galaxy".
LifeLover: @woytazGOG. Hello, can you help me with one question. Where I can find the latest (with all patches) Offline Setup file of GOG Galaxy version 1.2.xx. I cannot find it (I want to return to it because of luck main needed functions in version 2.0.xx).
woytazGOG: You can find a link in the footers of our pages. On the right you should see a purple button "Download GOG Galaxy".
Thanks, I got the feeling that when you click on this button it is offered to download version 2.0, but it is suggested to download version 1.2.67.58 - version that I need.
Post edited March 24, 2020 by LifeLover
Not sure if this has been covered: Is there a reason why GOG Galaxy does not close completely when I use the [X] of the window? It just minimizes and runs in the system tray. That's an unexpected behavior and I don't favor the Skype approach. I just want to close it, so no running in background anymore.
Post edited March 27, 2020 by xybolt
tried to start launcher GOG launcher FAILED - go to website log in download NEW GOG launcher install it, get 1 messed from windows that it failed, launcher wont launch period now.

UPDATE - HAD TO RUN WINDOWS COMBATABILITY - it runs now and omg i thank the staff for the free gifts during this crisis , but sorry to say this new interface is crap , its absolutle garbage.
Post edited March 28, 2020 by agedice
I don't see a Community tab in Galaxy 2.0, either I am missing it or it is not there.
If not then I think it would be a good idea to add one. Perhaps it is not yet implemented because Galaxy 2.0 is still in beta.
This is a terrible game client. The 1 game I have in my library has news posted on it (several posts) all saying like 28 years ago or something... the game is 22-23 years old so how is this even possible!? so I click any of the stories and it drops to a dead page, then i click other comments in the communities pages and it drops to a dead page. So i click on HELP and feedback but it just drops TO A DEAD PAGE!! I downloaded a game via GOG unknowingly alongside it was gog galaxy which I have absolutely no interest in having whatsoever. The game i paid for and downloaded was Total Annihilation, because the older version of the game i had no longer works on windows 10 because of updates etc. On top of this, every time I want to play the game I HAVE TO LAUNCH GOG GALAXY in order to play the game!! what the hell guys!! this is madness. You have GLUED THE GAME TO GOG GALAXY. The game is under 1gb in size and has absolutely no comparable market on any gaming client platform. The reason being, it is a one of a kind classic. Now i want to just play the game, not have all your BS marketing come with it for the measly £2-3 or whatever it was I paid. Was it even worth it guys?? Last time i ever buy a game from GOG!!!!!!
The new Galaxy has been working perfectly for me.

However, I have a minor question about the possibility for a future Linux client.

I don't want to know if it has any priority, or if it's currently in development. I don't want to know when it is going to happen, or who's working on it. I have no interest in knowing about your confidential information, because many things are kept confidential for a good reason :)

I just want to know one thing:

Is it still planned?

You see, it's been quite a while since the "Galaxy for Linux" item on the community wishlist got marked as "in progress", and there haven't been any news about that for years. Some Linux users are even beginning to lose hope about a future client, and some others abandoned the platform altogether and shifted to Steam. This issue is really harming GOG and CDPR, both in terms of reputation and in terms of market share, and it is not something any of us want to see.

I'm sure that you wouldn't purposefully neglect a significant portion of your users, but the lack of any information at all can be...... quite disheartening, to say the least. I'm not a Linux user (I use Win10), but I can understand how bad it feels for them.

Again, I don't need anything specific or confidential at all, just a little information, an answer to a simple "yes or no" question. And I'm sure a lot of my fellow GOG users would appreciate your response. ;)

Thanks in advance! Keep up the hard work!
wizardywun: This is a terrible game client. The 1 game I have in my library has news posted on it (several posts) all saying like 28 years ago or something... the game is 22-23 years old so how is this even possible!? so I click any of the stories and it drops to a dead page, then i click other comments in the communities pages and it drops to a dead page. So i click on HELP and feedback but it just drops TO A DEAD PAGE!! I downloaded a game via GOG unknowingly alongside it was gog galaxy which I have absolutely no interest in having whatsoever. The game i paid for and downloaded was Total Annihilation, because the older version of the game i had no longer works on windows 10 because of updates etc. On top of this, every time I want to play the game I HAVE TO LAUNCH GOG GALAXY in order to play the game!! what the hell guys!! this is madness. You have GLUED THE GAME TO GOG GALAXY. The game is under 1gb in size and has absolutely no comparable market on any gaming client platform. The reason being, it is a one of a kind classic. Now i want to just play the game, not have all your BS marketing come with it for the measly £2-3 or whatever it was I paid. Was it even worth it guys?? Last time i ever buy a game from GOG!!!!!!
You can uninstall GOG Galaxy and play the game without it. Download the game from your website account and install it that way.
Hi,

the GOG Galaxy client always had this verify option, to check installed games for corrupt files. Unless I'm blind, this option is now gone. I'm using 2.0.13, which should be the newest version? Yes? I didn't notice how long it's gone, nor if it's supposed to come back?

I think that's a fairly important feature. Has anyone any info on that?

Thanks!
Santiago: Hi,

the GOG Galaxy client always had this verify option, to check installed games for corrupt files. Unless I'm blind, this option is now gone. I'm using 2.0.13, which should be the newest version? Yes? I didn't notice how long it's gone, nor if it's supposed to come back?

I think that's a fairly important feature. Has anyone any info on that?

Thanks!
I hope this image is of some use to you.
Attachments:
poop.png (237 Kb)
kittehoverlord: I hope this image is of some use to you.
Thank you!

So I am blind. :D My confusion was, that in the old client you could just right click on an installed game and this option was there. Now it's only available if the picture for an installed game is left-clicked first. I should have searched more.
The only thing GOG beta 2.0 did was introduce me to much better universal game clients... I now use Playnite. Thanks GOG. BTW, all the flaws that I noticed (and was frustrated with) in Galaxy 2.0 are fixed in Playnite.
kittehoverlord: I hope this image is of some use to you.
Santiago: Thank you!

So I am blind. :D My confusion was, that in the old client you could just right click on an installed game and this option was there. Now it's only available if the picture for an installed game is left-clicked first. I should have searched more.
We had to find it together. :3 Glad to have been some help to you. Stay safe.
Weird thing. Connected my Steam account. Destiny 2 appears fine. Setup GoG 2.0 for my son's PCs, they also have Destiny 2 on Steam, and GoG 2.0 will not see it at all. Tried everything. What is it about Destiny 2 where it won't show up in the client?