It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
TheGreatDustpan: I just got in and the first thing I noticed, since I've been using it recently with my Vampyr playthrough, is that you don't seem to be able to cancel out of your cloud game sync like you could with the previous iteration of Galaxy. I'm referring to the little x button that used to be there. It's useful if you're playing a game that only does a single autosave and your save file becomes corrupted or you're hit with a game breaking bug.
The X to cancel cloud sync is there but seems not to appear immediately (we should look into that). Perhaps when it appears for you it syncs the saves too quickly to react. However, if that's not the case, then please report this bug -- there's a "report issue" button in the gear wheel dropdown (next to your avatar).

Apart from that you can also disable cloud saves for a given game, "..." (next to "Play") -> "Manage installation" -> "Configure".
alexandros050: Will you guys add the "Other" button like the old galaxy used to have?? Some games have expansions and to launch them from galaxy that was the only way..An example is empire earth 1 and to launch its expansion you have to click the other button. Thanks.
We are planning to bring it back :)
woytazGOG: We are planning to bring it back :)
code88: Is there a chance that instead of bringing the button back, simply list the games in the library view?

Edit: Also, would love to be able to edit the genre field of the games so I don't need to replicate that info as tags :)
I don't know what the plan is exactly, sorry. But if by listing them in the library you mean showing all the map editors, servers, etc. along with the games, I'd say that's unlikely. It sounds like it would become very cluttered very quickly.

Editing genres is planned as well :)
eastc: Is 2.0 missing custom launch options for the .exe's or am I missing it? I know it was there in 1.0.
They're not in 2.0 yet :)
woytazGOG: They're not in 2.0 yet :)
eastc: Soon I hope? :D
Soon™

No guarantees when exactly, though, so temper your expectations :)
skeletonbow: It's kind of non-obvious to find this forum starting out in the general forum. I just posted a bug report for Galaxy 2.0 in the main forum Galaxy thread, and Mantis, then found a beta thread pinned in General but it is marked as closed (so why not remove it from being pinned?).

Anyhow, Galaxy's GOG.com view is polluted by games from other stores despite the filter configuration being set to only GOG.com

http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=6078
Thanks for the report! It should be fixed in the next update :)

For reporting issues related to GOG Galaxy 2.0 you can use the "Report issue" button in the cogwheel menu or https://mantis2.gog.com/ if you prefer to use your browser.
zibi72w: Zainstalowałem. Wygląda ok, poza jednym małym ale, wczoraj na starej wersji grałem w Wiedźmina 3, dziś w wersji beta nie mogę (głos jest, obrazu nie ma). W nowej wersji liczyłbym na dodanie polskich wersji do tych gier, które ją mają.
Cześć,
Dzięki za info. A czy mógłbyś ten problem jeszcze zaraportować poprzez opcję "Zgłoś problem" w GogGalaxy? Ewentualnie bezpośrednio w systemie https://mantis2.gog.com.
Proszę dorzuć tam też pliki z logami (C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\logs)
neumi5694: Bug: Time tracking is always active.

I disabled time tracking, still it shows the time I spent playing GOG games.

Where are these times stored anyway? Can I reset them or edit the file?
Yes, unlike in 1.2 the game time in 2.0 is still shown when game time tracking setting is disabled. Since the setting is only for GOG games, we decided that it would look strange if the game time wasn't shown for GOG games but it was for all others.

What the setting does is disable tracking and uploading the game time by GOG Galaxy. However, it does not clear the existing data, which is stored in our cloud.

If you're using list view, then you can disable showing the column with game times by right-clicking the columns or going into the view customization via the sliders button (next to "Search" field).
RottenRotz: Galaxy 2.0 is crippled for many users,when can we expect some updates?its been more than two months since the last one
If you haven't already, please report the problems you find via "Report issue" in the cogwheel dropdown.

Feature updates are coming soon(tm), and a bug fix update sooner(tm) :) I can't say more than that, though.

RottenRotz: Every custom cover on all of my 300 games just went missing.ughhh
We had some problems yesterday with user overrides disappearing but they should be long resolved. Your covers should reappear after restarting Galaxy but it might take a while, depending on the size of your library. If they do not reappear after waiting, please contact support.
woytazGOG: Yes, unlike in 1.2 the game time in 2.0 is still shown when game time tracking setting is disabled. Since the setting is only for GOG games, we decided that it would look strange if the game time wasn't shown for GOG games but it was for all others....
neumi5694: I would say, it was a bad decision.
Of course you can't disable it for Steam and Uplay, but for GOG games and manually added games it should be disablabe.
Please let us disable any time tracking done by Galaxy.
After all that's one of the main reasons I decided to use Galaxy at all and why I buy GOG games.

I hate tracking and woudl do a couple of things to prevent it. If Galaxy now insists on tracking, that's the best reason not to use it.
Perhaps we mean different things when we say "tracking". Let me rephrase: when you disable the game time tracking setting, Galaxy will no longer upload your game time for GOG games. However, the game time that has already been uploaded remains unchanged. This is the same for both 1.2 and 2.0.

As an example, let's say I played some GOG game for 10 hours, then disabled game time tracking in the settings and played another 20 hours. Neither 1.2 nor 2.0 will upload that 20 hours of game time to my account. The difference is only that 1.2 will not show any game time and 2.0 will show the 10 hours I had before disabling game time tracking.
woytazGOG: If you haven't already, please report the problems you find via "Report issue" in the cogwheel dropdown.

Feature updates are coming soon(tm), and a bug fix update sooner(tm) :) I can't say more than that, though.

We had some problems yesterday with user overrides disappearing but they should be long resolved. Your covers should reappear after restarting Galaxy but it might take a while, depending on the size of your library. If they do not reappear after waiting, please contact support.
LifeLover: @woytazGOG. Hello, can you help me with one question. Where I can find the latest (with all patches) Offline Setup file of GOG Galaxy version 1.2.xx. I cannot find it (I want to return to it because of luck main needed functions in version 2.0.xx).
You can find a link in the footers of our pages. On the right you should see a purple button "Download GOG Galaxy".
powergod: In the last patch the play button on the grid view disappeared... is only present whith the list view :(
Try customizing the view and enabling *Status*.