It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
Its been 40-50 days since last update.Any indication when can we expect next one?
Back to my previous post - theres an issue with Bookmarks. To create bookmark now need to add at least one game to it - that first issue (I want to create clean bookmark without anything). Second, when I deleted all games from Bookmark this bookmark dissapear - that's minus - because this bookmark can be helpful in future.
Attachments:
Hidden games show up as regular games, and need to be hidden again

Some games have the art of the demo for some reason

It's also fairly slow and jittery, and takes a second or two to respond to commands
Galaxy still has some issues with using standalone installers and how Galaxy recognizes the games after install, in particular DLC. I've been backing up my games via standalone installers. I've installed a number of games with DLC, for example the most recent being UnderRail and it's expansion. While the DLC shows up fine in game, Galaxy does not register the DLC as being installed via manage installation -> configure -> installation ->DLC. The box is left unchecked. Using verify and repair does not trigger Galaxy into recognizing the DLC is in fact installed. If I click to the DLC checkbox Galaxy attempts to re-download the entire DLC (in this case 5GB) and does not detect the already present files on the system.

Because the DLC is not shown as active, I don't know if Galaxy would download any updates to said DLC if one was to get one or not or if it would attempt to re-download the entire DLC later on. This defeats the purpose of using the standalone installers and doubles the data usage.

Reported here: https://mantis2.gog.com/view.php?id=39551
I absolutely love the idea of Galaxy being able to see/install/launch etc. all of my games across multiple platforms, and I've integrated with Steam, Epic, Uplay, Origin, Bethesda, Rockstar, Humble successfully. Unfortunately whether it is the client or the integrations themselves, it is so unstable as to be more or less either unusable or any convenience gained by having everything integrated is lost every 1-4 days when random integrations fail and forget everything and I have to manually re-integrate them and dig out my passwords etc. and email confirmations all over again.

Why does it disconnect and purposefully throw your password in the trash so often? I really don't ever want to type in any of my passwords again ever. Can I just flag the files this data is stored in as READ ONLY so it can not ever erase the password for any reason?

It's really frustrating. The only game services still connected for me right now are Uplay and Origin, the rest just magically vanished over the last week with no explanation given, no errors, nothing showing anywhere and all my passwords discarded and forced to reauth and re-2FA.

Yes, it's beta and these things happen in beta. I want the feature, but honestly I don't think I'm willing to enter my passwords on 7 other platforms and re-do 2FA over and over and over again endlessly like this anymore. :(

Like holy give me the option to etch the password/auth/whatever into silicon permanently and never ever forget it or discard it for any reason at least. Bury it in a hidden registry key or under Advanced Settings -> Even more advanced settings, only visible if I type in the KONAMI code or somethign.

But no more reauthentication every 2 days please. For the love of all that is good in the universe.
Just had to re-start galaxy in order for my DLCs to show up after purchase... would love to have direct access to our libraries from the website sync up with the launcher!
skeletonbow: It's really frustrating. The only game services still connected for me right now are Uplay and Origin, the rest just magically vanished over the last week with no explanation given, no errors, nothing showing anywhere and all my passwords discarded and forced to reauth and re-2FA.
Because they don't have any agreements in place with the publishers. The 3rd party integrations are as good as you going to the company's website and logging in, it will time out after a while for the protection of your account. If you notice, the XBOX integration never times out. The system they have here is the best option that anyone has come up with to date, but it is still FAR from perfect.
What happened with Galaxy? I try to login but after entering password nothing happened? What the problem?
Are any technical work are going ?
Post edited February 18, 2020 by LifeLover
Is it still closed beta? i thought it was open as i just got an option to upgrade and took it a while ago.
Anyway

Feedback for Galaxy 2. Please don't take offense if it sounds a bit harsh. That's just my clichee-german style of communication :)

- it's slow. really slow. as in 'much slower than expected' and so on. primarily startup times. Maybe it would help if i knew what it is doing because the typical launcher experience is more like 'its slow because it's doing nothing for a while, then doing just a little bit of communication - waiting a while until the server answers or the connection times out - and then continues doing nothing or begins to read lots of data i don't care about. like icons for example. while i just want to play the damn game that is gated behind this launcher.'
So my expectations are a bit bitterly biased.

- the overall UI is quite nice and after a short familiarisation with the new UI (coming from galaxy 1) i don't remember anything annoying. which is good and not quite naturally.

- one big wish from me would be that there is more information on what the client is doing or what is happening. at the moment there is a nice example because i still can't log in while the client just says 'oops, an error occurred. please click here to login.' while the click on the 'log in' button leads only to that stupid waiting curl and back to the very same screen. absolutely not helpful at all. also what the hell happened to the hourglass as a 'please wait for an undetermined amount of time' icon?

Please provide the user with some use-/helpful information about what is happening whenever there is 1. wait time or 2. something of interest like installing, updating, external networking like login, sending of error report data and so on. i think you get the idea. i know that the trend goes for secrecy for years because many people aparently think that 'normal users' are too stupid anyway to understand things like 'reading from your disc' or 'login failed because the connection timed out' but i think that just not telling them anything at all besides fancy advertising and self-praise (no, not you. that's a general problem) is not the solution. instead developers should try to educate users if they don't understand such basics.
Especially if something went wrong please tell the user what exactly went wrong. No need to use cryptic selfmade errorcodes like microsoft but a simple explanation and for example the http errorcode would be good. Then i as a user have no reason to feel ridiculed by the program. Like i absolutely DO if it just sends me into an infinite loop with no explanation or funfactor. Instead i may even rest assured that the problem is maybe not even yours or of temporary nature.

Basic philosophy for software should be the same as for all tools. It exists to help people. If it is not helpful it is broken.

Oh and it would be absolutely ok to add some humor to the information. A spontaneous example would be the loading screen info of anno 1701 :)
It would be nice to have an easier way to access the forums from the client. The only way I could figure it out was to go to my recent activity, which showed my forums posts, and get there that way.

Also, I can't seem to find a way to customize my profile. I have to go through the actual web page to do all of that.

We should also be able to open the client from in game, no matter what the game is. Which leads me to another suggestion, we should have some sort of web browser access from within the client. Both of these suggestions are very helpful when you're stuck in a game and need some advice (including my first suggestion of having an easier way to access the forums). I know I could just alt-tab out and do it that way, but other leading game clients have this feature and it's very useful.
Bug: Time tracking is always active.

I disabled time tracking, still it shows the time I spent playing GOG games.

Where are these times stored anyway? Can I reset them or edit the file?
Post edited February 22, 2020 by neumi5694
neumi5694: Bug: Time tracking is always active.

Yes, unlike in 1.2 the game time in 2.0 is still shown when game time tracking setting is disabled. Since the setting is only for GOG games, we decided that it would look strange if the game time wasn't shown for GOG games but it was for all others.

What the setting does is disable tracking and uploading the game time by GOG Galaxy. However, it does not clear the existing data, which is stored in our cloud.

If you're using list view, then you can disable showing the column with game times by right-clicking the columns or going into the view customization via the sliders button (next to "Search" field).
neumi5694: Bug: Time tracking is always active.

woytazGOG: Yes, unlike in 1.2 the game time in 2.0 is still shown when game time tracking setting is disabled. Since the setting is only for GOG games, we decided that it would look strange if the game time wasn't shown for GOG games but it was for all others.

What the setting does is disable tracking and uploading the game time by GOG Galaxy. However, it does not clear the existing data, which is stored in our cloud.

If you're using list view, then you can disable showing the column with game times by right-clicking the columns or going into the view customization via the sliders button (next to "Search" field).
Galaxy 2.0 is crippled for many users,when can we expect some updates?its been more than two months since the last one
Every custom cover on all of my 300 games just went missing.ughhh
RottenRotz: Galaxy 2.0 is crippled for many users,when can we expect some updates?its been more than two months since the last one
If you haven't already, please report the problems you find via "Report issue" in the cogwheel dropdown.

Feature updates are coming soon(tm), and a bug fix update sooner(tm) :) I can't say more than that, though.

RottenRotz: Every custom cover on all of my 300 games just went missing.ughhh
We had some problems yesterday with user overrides disappearing but they should be long resolved. Your covers should reappear after restarting Galaxy but it might take a while, depending on the size of your library. If they do not reappear after waiting, please contact support.