It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
My personal opinion:

Nearly perfect.

Xbox live: hey it even shows a windows game which shares stats over xbox-live. nice.

PSN: If you klick the login windows away galaxy2 does not see login process canceled and still shows "in work" until next galaxy2 restart

Steam: KUDOS. It managed to bite thru my big steam library. And mine is big. Some naming flaws and about 10% with weirdly cropped images, but thats something i can live with.
Starting games with steam still active: working, both clients see game is running.

GW2: Nice API integration, works smooth.

Battle.net: works.

Epic Store: works too.

So far no real big flaw I can see. This is not a beta this is worth going live.
I just found out I got an invite to the beta a few days ago, thanks a lot for that by the way.

Here's a quick summary of my experience so far.

First off, it's right to still be in beta right now. I understand people want this to go public so people can discover bugs quicker, but with my experience of things like this, things usually just get messy when everybody has access to it. It becomes almost impossible to keep up with people's problems.

In my short time with it so far, it's been mostly positive, but I have a few issues and things I'm not really fond of that I hope see improvements down the line.

1) Delisted Steam games not being added to the collection. This one is the biggest let down of the lot for me. I have a few delisted games with a decent amount of hours played and achievements collected. It's kind of a bummer that they don't show at all. Also, if I want to play one of the delisted games that I haven't yet played, I would be unaware of it existing unless I actually looked at my collection on Steam's launcher, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of using Galaxy 2.0. I know these games can be added manually, but it's not the same without it being in the Steam collection with it's play time and achievements. Another worry for the future is the amount of games we own getting removed from Steams store, we could all end up with hundreds of games disappearing. I am sure that this has already happened to some after Steam recently removed over 1000 games from their store. Hopefully there is a way around this in the future.

2) Some Steam games that haven't been deslisted aren't being added to my collection. Disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't help. Even searching the game manually is coming up with nothing. It seems like GOG is unaware of their existence. Hopefully this is something that sorts itself out in the long run.

3) Achievements not showing 100% on a few Steam games. Even after disconnecting and reconnecting my account, it doesn't fix it.

4) Custom images for games seem to be broken. Adding images to a game doesn't seem to save for me when disconnecting and reconnecting platforms, they just keep resetting back to their default image. Also, a few are now broken completely, even the default picture isn't showing and I can't add my own image anymore. It just says "could not load the image" with no way of editing it.

5) Steam friends profile images failed to load. Disconnecting and reconnecting the platform fixed it though.

6) Xbox 360, PS3 and Twitch not included. Not too annoying because I have read that you are looking into implementing them in the future.

Apart from the issues above, I'm very much liking what I am seeing. It's simple to use and looks good too (unlike Steam's latest library update)
Concerning the star rating system, it would be nice if it was possible to rate half stars, so you can rate, say 3.5 stars out of 5, instead of having to choose between 3 or 4.
zibi72w: Zainstalowałem. Wygląda ok, poza jednym małym ale, wczoraj na starej wersji grałem w Wiedźmina 3, dziś w wersji beta nie mogę (głos jest, obrazu nie ma). W nowej wersji liczyłbym na dodanie polskich wersji do tych gier, które ją mają.
Cześć,
Dzięki za info. A czy mógłbyś ten problem jeszcze zaraportować poprzez opcję "Zgłoś problem" w GogGalaxy? Ewentualnie bezpośrednio w systemie https://mantis2.gog.com.
Proszę dorzuć tam też pliki z logami (C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\logs)
Just got my invite to 2.0. Yay! Installed. Looks great with my GOG games.

Set up Steam integration. Says it's connected. There's a "Loading..." little window at the bottom of the GOG window. But none of my games from Steam are coming up. I've waited hours, restarted the PC, disconnnected and reconnected to Steam, made sure Steam was running, ... I can't find logs, if there are any... can anyone tell me what the trick is to get this to work?

Edit: I just tried to add one of my games manually and it shows up as "Other" but shows the Steam stats and information. Is this how it's supposed to work? Instead of just loading in all of my Steam games automatically, I have to manually map them in one at a time?
Post edited December 09, 2019 by WDaigle
Really pleased to see I got an invite :)

The setup was nice and straightforward. It's nice to have all my games in one place as I have a new PC with 2.5 TB of storage and just about every launcher known to man >:)

I am hoping that Twitch and Battle.net will get integrated soon and then it will be my one-stop-shop for all my games.So far no bugs so fingers crossed it stays stable.

My suggestions so far are :

Allow custom images to be added when editing games

Allow custom skins/colors for the launcher

Keep up the good work :)
bandario: I had high hopes for GOG Galaxy 2.0. Actually, no I didn't...I just hoped we would finally see a sensible solution to the game-launcher debacle - that shouldn't be such a lofty goal.

All I want is a launcher that will allow me to point it at a directory containing windows games of any format, and organise them into a library based on the title of the folder they are in and the executable file within.

Why is this so much to ask? GOG games, Steam games, origin games, windows games, microsoft store games....they are ALL the same and they will launch just fine by double clicking their executable file.

Why on earth should I have to add each one of these titles manually, particularly those not linked to an existing storefront.

We are in beta, so I guess it can be fixed at some point but for now I have zero reason to use this over any other platform because it demands exactly the same laborious process of adding each game individually.

I've been collecting PC games since 1996 so you can imagine, this is not a very attractive option to me. Even if you can't get it 100% correct, I would sooner manually weed out poor imports than do each title manually.
What? You don't have to add each game individually.... just link to your existing launchers and it populates the list for you. I dont get how logging into Steam, Epic, Origin etc one time is hard work? The only missing launchers seem to be Twitch and Battle.net but I am sure that will be added soon. Seems like you are making alot of fuss over nada...
Post edited December 09, 2019 by monkeydude42
Adding Origin I get "Importing Origin" and the games come in.

With Steam, nothing happens.

But, like I said, if I add a Steam game manually, it shows me my Steam stats.

What gives?
I haven't had time to give the beta whirl yet, so I apologise if this is a bit of a redundant post.

Will 2.0 expand upon, keep in place or remove the "list" view of games at the left side of the screen from the previous GoG Galaxy?
I really would appreciate a simple vertical list, just game titles, of games you own or have installed.

The block/box view of games that seem to have become a standard on services of this sort, is messy to navigate - I know many disagree and I do think it does add a nice aesthetic - but I know which games I have, so it's the names I'm looking for, not the coverpicture that drew my attention to buy it.

Not really all that big a problem, just curious
I like it. Everything I've tested on it works well so far. I've added all of my accounts, installed a Steam game via GOG, ran said game, works great. Love that I can finally have all of my games in one place.

I would like to see a way to view download progress without having to switch to the other launcher's window, but I completely understand that such things may be impossible. I wouldn't know.
Post edited December 09, 2019 by ThatRadioGeek
Everything was working great and syncing up very smoothly until I started trying to link my Playstation Network account. Every time I attempt to sign in to PSN I get a connection error: "A connection to the server could not be established."

I've double checked my credentials, and I'm able to log in on their website, so it seems to be an issue with the Galaxy 2.0 client. Just thought I'd pass this along in the hopes of a potential fix eventually.

Otherwise, loving the client so far!
Does anyone know where GOG Galaxy gets its game data from? I'm surprised by how many of my games have proper covers, even the games that don't have covers with the right aspect ratio on Steam have them on GOG.
ChrisGamer300: 1.2 Installation

On what OS can I use GOG GALAXY 2.0?

Currently, GALAXY 2.0 supports MacOS and Windows 8.0 or newer. People reported it's also working on Windows 7, though as it is not supported, this might change any time. There are currently no known plans for Linux support.
Still no Linux support? Ok
Nice work guys, still needs more polishing and I rather prefered the traditional look of the previous launcher but this is titanic work! Epic!

Just three things:

My most prioritary wish:

Could we please IMPORT our tags that already have in our library on the website? and could also the games be tagged already when we import them? This would be very very appreciated.

A bug¿?:

Cannot connect to the Playstation Store - it says SIGN IN instead of LOG IN which is weird, I try then it give me an error message.

For the future:

Nintendo Switch library support
Old platforms MANUALLY support (imagine we can add every old platform and input our collection there, of course without online features more than show our games there, obviously integration with old platforms in a deep level makes non sense)
nicereddy: Does anyone know where GOG Galaxy gets its game data from? I'm surprised by how many of my games have proper covers, even the games that don't have covers with the right aspect ratio on Steam have them on GOG.
GOG uses the IGDB, anything added there will also appear in your manually added game search.
Of course, if it's just the images that bug you, you can change them out with your own.:)
Please add the ability to collapse all groups and to remember what is collapsed and what is expanded.
It's my one major annoyance with the app.