It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
Mazicek: No I didn't. My friend was online on XBOX ONE, but I couldn't see him. But if works now and I don't know why. :D
Okay, then I'll wait and see.
Zainstalowałem. Wygląda ok, poza jednym małym ale, wczoraj na starej wersji grałem w Wiedźmina 3, dziś w wersji beta nie mogę (głos jest, obrazu nie ma). W nowej wersji liczyłbym na dodanie polskich wersji do tych gier, które ją mają.
Where are the "Launch <synced launcher> with GOG Galaxy" features? Have they been scrapped?
neumi5694: Can we get a way to add an alternative installation location to a game already in the list?
I have some adventures which I own as retail version and also on Steam (because GoG doesn't offer them and also just as backup in case the retail will stop working one day). Since "Let me track you. No, I'm not Facebook" Steam is my least favorite game platform, I prefer to start the retail versions.
Currently that's not possible. When I want to "manually add" the game, I get redirected to the Steam version.
You should be able to. I changed all my Epic games to launch from the .exe in DRM free mode instead of launching EGS. I'm kind of forgetting how to do it now... I think you need to do a global search for it, then mark it as owned again. That closes the search, so you have to find it in your library and then link to the .exe. Why you can't just hit a button in the game page to add another installation I don't know.
Post edited December 07, 2019 by JZStudios
The Filter setting for OS and Consoles is not being saved. Once I switch to view another bookmark and then get back, the setting is reset. I'd really prefer it being saved, also over to application restart.
Attachments:
filter.png (38 Kb)
Post edited December 07, 2019 by ikemitsu
I had high hopes for GOG Galaxy 2.0. Actually, no I didn't...I just hoped we would finally see a sensible solution to the game-launcher debacle - that shouldn't be such a lofty goal.

All I want is a launcher that will allow me to point it at a directory containing windows games of any format, and organise them into a library based on the title of the folder they are in and the executable file within.

Why is this so much to ask? GOG games, Steam games, origin games, windows games, microsoft store games....they are ALL the same and they will launch just fine by double clicking their executable file.

Why on earth should I have to add each one of these titles manually, particularly those not linked to an existing storefront.

We are in beta, so I guess it can be fixed at some point but for now I have zero reason to use this over any other platform because it demands exactly the same laborious process of adding each game individually.

I've been collecting PC games since 1996 so you can imagine, this is not a very attractive option to me. Even if you can't get it 100% correct, I would sooner manually weed out poor imports than do each title manually.
A quick question: Is there a way for user to make 2.0 client re-check for client update?

In Changelog menu, I see that version 2.0.11 was already released. But I'm still on version 2.0.9.

I had tried exiting and re-launching GOG Galaxy a few times, but the client still haven't updated to newer version.
galumn: A quick question: Is there a way for user to make 2.0 client re-check for client update?

In Changelog menu, I see that version 2.0.11 was already released. But I'm still on version 2.0.9.

I had tried exiting and re-launching GOG Galaxy a few times, but the client still haven't updated to newer version.
(I think you mean 2.0.10 version not .11)
I had same issue yesterday (update was blocked by my security software). What I did was logout, turn off the gog galaxy app and.. restart PC. Then, when I logged on gog galaxy client (and after few minutes) I got the message about update. Good luck!
runbilly: (I think you mean 2.0.10 version not .11)
I had same issue yesterday (update was blocked by my security software). What I did was logout, turn off the gog galaxy app and.. restart PC. Then, when I logged on gog galaxy client (and after few minutes) I got the message about update. Good luck!
I meant 2.0.11 because that's what was shown in Changelog.

Anyway, thanks for recommendations. I tried what you said; logged out and restarted my PC. However, they do not work for me. It's been an hour and Galaxy client does not show any message about any update. I'm still on version 2.0.9.

Oh, well.. probably it's a staged rollout like mobile apps that some users get updates immediately, some will get updates a few days later.
Attachments:
Post edited December 07, 2019 by galumn
cant install :(

error code 0xc0000005

any helpfull tips on this?

win 10 x64 latest

found the solution
https://www.gog.com/forum/general_beta_gog_galaxy_2.0/0xc0000005_error

thanks
Post edited December 07, 2019 by Boehser_Onkel
Just to discuss this in the general area as well:
I love the implementation of cross-platform friend lists, kuddos for getting it in.:)

While I understand this is the first iteration of the integration, I'd like to stress the importance of online status control (a.e. 'appear offline', away, busy, etc.). Being online on all platforms at the same time (which is how it works atm.) without control over or respect to what online status is set in the linked launcher is very inhibiting and can interfere with gaming experiences (and Galaxy 2.0 in general). Even though this has never been part of Galaxy, I really hope this is a top priority for further friendlist integration updates.

For me personally it is very important to be able to control when people can engage me in conversation and when I'd like to just play without interruption.:)
Post edited December 07, 2019 by Artfactial
I have the latest version of GOG but i can't see any friend from other platform.
This is a thought I have had about the client for a while now:

I really like how the color of the client's background blends with the media/game I had clicked on previously, but I really wish I could set either an image that the client would always blend with or color for the background (like purple for GOG).

Images included showing what I am talking about: Brown background with Arma 3 vs. the more pink/red background after clicking on hitman 2 and returning to the library page. Basically, it would be really cool to have a "default" background I could make either for a game, image, or color.

A small feature suggestion for an otherwise awesome client!
Attachments:
pink.jpg (435 Kb)
brown.jpg (460 Kb)
Post edited December 07, 2019 by OldeBlueEyes
bandario: I had high hopes for GOG Galaxy 2.0. Actually, no I didn't...I just hoped we would finally see a sensible solution to the game-launcher debacle - that shouldn't be such a lofty goal.

All I want is a launcher that will allow me to point it at a directory containing windows games of any format, and organise them into a library based on the title of the folder they are in and the executable file within.

Why is this so much to ask? GOG games, Steam games, origin games, windows games, microsoft store games....they are ALL the same and they will launch just fine by double clicking their executable file.

Why on earth should I have to add each one of these titles manually, particularly those not linked to an existing storefront.

We are in beta, so I guess it can be fixed at some point but for now I have zero reason to use this over any other platform because it demands exactly the same laborious process of adding each game individually.

I've been collecting PC games since 1996 so you can imagine, this is not a very attractive option to me. Even if you can't get it 100% correct, I would sooner manually weed out poor imports than do each title manually.
I am very happy with GOG Galaxy 2, it does exactly what I need and so far I have no bugs to report.
However the ability to automatically search for random .exe's and add them to the library would indeed make things easier for many people. In the end you would most likely be stuck with adding your own cover images anyway though - if the games are too old. So it only would make sense for games that get sold these days.

Personally I mainly miss the ability to start a recently played game by right clicking the tray icon.
I've noticed that a decent number of games I've played recently do not have functioning activity feeds within Galaxy 2.0. Not sure if I should create separate tickets for each individual game, but the ones I've noticed missing their activity feeds are Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Killer is Dead, The Council, and A Plague Tale: Innocence.