It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
ImBakinBacon: I'm sure I'm just being dumb here but I can't even get it to stay open for more than a minute, I get an error saying "Connection to Communication Service was lost and could not be restored! GOG Galaxy will now shutdown."

Anyone know what is going on here?
same issue here.
When I try to launch Rocket League I get a pop-up that says "Failed to create the D3D9 Device! This can happen if the desktop is locked. Exiting..." from Windows. When I launch it from Steam directly it works fine. I'm using a Steam Controller but I'm not sure if that's related or not.
DannyDarth: Can there be a feature added once you close a game, say in steam, That it will close the steam program aswell?
I second this (if it's not too difficult to achieve). Would be nice if whatever launcher gets opened for DRM purposes, is also shut down in the same way it was launched. Not the end of the world if it cannot be done, but that would be very convenient never the less :)
Is there a way to create your own bookmarks and add them to the sidebar on the left? Would be super cool if I could add emulators and stuff.
jimmbimm: Is there a way to create your own bookmarks and add them to the sidebar on the left? Would be super cool if I could add emulators and stuff.
I think you can, indeed, add filters as bookmarks.

Like, You can make GOG show all games under a certain tag, then click on the "bookmark" symbol, top left side, near the arrows.

I think any type of group of games can be bookmarked and displayed on the left panel.

You could find all of the emulators, tag them as "Emulator", then select to view this tag and bookmark it, for example.
Is there a way of ordering games by size?
Post edited November 30, 2019 by ViNN_NNiV6
ViNN_NNiV6: Like, You can make GOG show all games under a certain tag, then click on the "bookmark" symbol, top left side, near the arrows.
Ah, thanks. That worked. But the only way to show games with a certain tag is to search the tag. So you can bookmark the search. It makes sense, but I haven't thought of it. Would be nice if we could click on the tags in the list-view or in the gamepage, to search for them.
I'm getting "Sorry, we couldn't load the data. Retry." whenever I open the page for any of my games since about three days ago. The activity feeds are empty (see attached image). Does anyone else have that issue?

Tangential: I assume activity feed and achievements are stored in a cloud? Any way of chosing to store those locally, instead?
Attachments:
eastc: Soon I hope? :D
woytazGOG: Soon™

No guarantees when exactly, though, so temper your expectations :)
This is what I like to hear. I don't need When Exactly, just reassurance that the answer is Not Never.
Under Origin I have all installed game except Jedi Fallen Order.
Ok so a couple of things first off lets hope they get connectivity to battle.net bethesda and rockstar. Second I noticed For the Origin games ive added I have double listings for some games that have deluxe editions on the account. so They list once for normal and again for deluxe bit weird. Other than that so far so good quick easy to use and decent UI as well.
Don't know if this is the right thread (or what you now call it) to write this but I have a little problem.

The activity feed don´t work. Not for games connected from steam or games from gog. It just pops up a windows that say.
Sorry we couldn't load the data. Retry.

Any idea what could be wrong?
Please add the option in the settings menu to select the 'Installed Games' overview as starting page. Now, you can only select 'Games- Recent', 'Store', 'Library' and 'Continue previous session' as starting page.

That would be nice. Thanks!
Really liking the launcher so far! I don't see any friends imported, but it looks like that may just not be going yet. That will be exciting, but probably more difficult to integrate.
Things look really nice, and being able to customize the sorting and view was great. I already prefer looking at it rather than Steam.
I like that the ones that require launchers (even Rockstar, which was cool to find) will automatically exit the launchers.

I hope there are skins or user submittable skins in the future. It would take customization to another level.
Will there be option to sort games by date when they were added to gog, just like on the site?
How to remove games if I already disconected steam but they are still on the list?
My partner and I have two systems and we game on either/both of them. We have our games spread over two Steam accounts, since Steam is a jerk and using any game from a library locks the entire library. As that's not an issue for GoG, we have all our purchases in a primary GoG account, but we're stuck having a second, minimal GoG account for the occasional 2nd copy purchase and because GoG Connect is too dumb to understand people have multiple Steam accounts, and we got tired of missing games just because our second Steam account didn't count.

So, GoG is always going to be logged into our main GoG account on both systems, with a rare need to use the secondary GoG, while Steam, Uplay, Origin, and other play-locking DRMs will be logged into our individual accounts, and Steam family sharing is very important.

I don't see any way to make this work using GoG 2.0 as front end, and GoG seems hostile/ignorant in general to these kinds of gaming-family issues.