It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
I've been out of the loop on this for awhile, but have command line arguments been added back to this version of Galaxy yet?
Merging duplicates is great (and was one of the features I really wished for). But can we still get the ability to add different tags to the different versions? In some cases it would be useful (e.g. I have a "removed' tag and sometimes games are removed from one store, but not from another).
woytazGOG: We are planning to bring it back :)
code88: Is there a chance that instead of bringing the button back, simply list the games in the library view?

Edit: Also, would love to be able to edit the genre field of the games so I don't need to replicate that info as tags :)
I don't know what the plan is exactly, sorry. But if by listing them in the library you mean showing all the map editors, servers, etc. along with the games, I'd say that's unlikely. It sounds like it would become very cluttered very quickly.

Editing genres is planned as well :)
I made the mistake of trying the 2.0 version. I had to realise it only has the dark theme which is very hard to read for me (and makes my eyes hurt after a couple minutes). Is there an easy way to switch back to the 1.x version, or would I need to uninstall and reinstall the old client?
high rated
No Linux support, so just as useful to me as version one: not at all.
I have inconsistency in my amount of games. The website itself already shows different numbers, but GOG2 client shows yet another count.

Mouseover account name, this menu shows 194 games
Click on Games, that then shows my collection as 195 games
GOG2 client shows 191 games

Attached screenshot as well
I haven't gone through the lists to see which games I'm missing yet though
Attachments:
I like the look a lot better than Playnite and everything seems to be more clearly presented than on Steam. So, kudos!

What I don't like is the laggy interface. Every time I click something, it takes a full second for anything to happen. It just makes for a very poor UX. Also, when I update ratings of the games, they keep shifting around in the thumbnail view. It's unnerving. I don't know what's happening so it's making me think that maybe games are disappearing from the library as I press buttons. Also, makes for a poor UX.

Suggestions

* I have multiple versions of games like Borderlands GOTY and Borderlands GOTY Enhanced or something. I'd like to combine these titles. Manually if necessary.
* I would also like to combine multiple parts of a game, like all the 5 episodes of the sam and max game that I have. It's really stupid that on Steam they are different titles and not somehow grouped together. You have a chance to improve this.
* And how about combining add-ons or expansions with the core title? I have so many Warhammer and F.e.a.r. expansions that are just clutter in the library.
* Using Home and End keys is difficult in the library. I have almost 1,400 games so sometimes I want to quickly jump up. The scrollbar is quite awful to use even on a normal window and here it is even worse because it's this tiny hidden thing that's just designed to make your life awful. So, when I hit Home on keyboard, I want to get up. But it doesn't always work because I guess the game view somehow isn't active. So I have to search for a pixel somewhere on the screen to activate it and not go to a game page. Not great.
* Selecting multiple titles to edit/hide. Playnite does this since I suggested it and the UX is just so much better for it.
* This one is a bit tricky, but I'd like to be able to sort the library according to the original release date of a game. So, now I have Borderlands GOTY Enhanced at the top of the list because it was released 2019. But Borderlands is an ancient game. To me, it makes more sense to have it further down the list. Maybe a separate date sort?

Over all, not many complaints. I really like the fact that the grid view size snaps the boxes to the width of the screen. Smart move! But does it really need to be behind two dropdowns? I understand some people don't like buttons cluttering the screen but I don't know what a good solution is. Some type of "Power Mode" where you see more controls directly on the screen for people who want to actively do stuff in their libraries and not just launch games.

Great start. Keep it up!
Post edited November 21, 2019 by January
high rated
Finally got invitation to closed beta only to find out that Linux is not supported. I really hoped you'd add it since there were so many requests for it. For the last hope is no more, I bid farewell.
What about updates of games from other platforms ?

I read we still need Steam, Uplay etc... but, is it needed to launch those platforms to updates games ?
Or just the fact to have it is suffisant ?
Is multiple accounts linking will be implemented? For example: I have 2 Origin accounts and I want to link them both.
SaiBork: I have inconsistency in my amount of games. The website itself already shows different numbers, but GOG2 client shows yet another count.

Mouseover account name, this menu shows 194 games
Click on Games, that then shows my collection as 195 games
GOG2 client shows 191 games

Attached screenshot as well
I haven't gone through the lists to see which games I'm missing yet though
Ok, have gone through this and the below are not listed
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - Digital Comics
Leisure Suit Larry 1 (VGA) - In the Land of the Lizards
Leisure Suit Larry 6 (VGA) - Shape Up Or Slip Out
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

1. Not a game, so correct to not have it in the games list, unlike the website
2 + 3: VGA versions should be available I assume? I dont see them when going into the non-VGA version.
4: I must have linked some dlc code that was free as I don't own the base game, but I can't see other items available because I don't have the base game.
I just signed up and am getting it set up but I can't get the Playstation connection to work. I keep getting error
'A connection to the server could not be established.
(18.d5ed32b8.1574337565.20fd6a76)'

Anyone know what's going on here? All of the other services are connecting fine.
I've already submitted a feedback form with these points, but let me state them for discussion anyway:

1. I like that the client has a naturally dark color, much less eye strain. The account management page, however, is blindingly bright for no reason.
2. related to number 1, please allow us to freely change all colors of the client. Maybe even hide a small button top right for these sorts of settings, so it can be accessed anywhere, and just clicking the part of the client we want to change opens up some options...
3. My avatar got stretched vertically. I'd say the aspect ratio of avatars is pretty important as far as avatars are concerned and this might have to be a fix you need to implement quickly because this is a fairly obvious bit of polish fail.
Post edited November 21, 2019 by PaterFrog
I really like the sorting feature so far, but I feel it's certainly missing the "co-op" option to sort by
chandra: Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.

We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)

We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.

Let’s talk!
Has it been ported to Linux yet you shifty bastards?