It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
chandra: Let’s talk!
Galaxy 1.0 had a drop down that let you add other stuff in addition to the play button under MORE. For instance, I could modify the goggame-#.info file for Oblivion and add the Oblivion Script Extender (used by many mods) and launch that via Galaxy while still allowing Galaxy to count time played and sync cloud saves, etc.

In Galaxy 2.0 this is still somewhat possible but only by replacing what the PLAY button links too, meaning you can't have both the play button (which originally links to the oblivion launcher) and another link under MORE for the Script Extender. You can only have one or the other since MORE no longer exist. This also means links to other stuff like the TES construction set are no longer launch-able via Galaxy either.

Any chance that will be solved? Also any chance we could officially support custom links (for things like the Script Extender) by going edit (found under the 3 menu dots next to play) rather than manually modifying the goggame-#.info file?
I tried posting a long-ish post here but it refused to post, is there a word limit that I'm not aware of?
Post edited October 13, 2019 by _ess_
When I launch games I bought on Steam that also launch through Uplay (like Far Cry games), GOG Galaxy 2.0 sometimes tracks double playtime, as if I'm playing on Steam and Uplay simultaneously. Since the executable is tied to Steam, it should track Steam playtime only.
I have been experiencing crashes on resident evil 0 from my synched steam library on a continuous way when launching the game from GOG 2.0. Some were hard crashes were I had to reset the PC and some were soft crashes, after which the game for some reason ended up locked to 30fps after a brief series of minimising/maximising.
Please note that this has never occur neither before note after when I launch the game directly from steam.
Do you have to be signed up for spam/marketing emails to get the email invite? I unsubscribed to all emails because there were so many of them, it was becoming extremely annoying. Will this affect me getting the beta invite email?

Not sure why my post was deleted, but this is a serious valid question. If I have unsubscribed to all of the marketing emails, will I still receive the invite email?
Post edited October 18, 2019 by STOPchris1
Hello,
A few things that I think need improvement:
* grouping game from different platforms into one position in library ( inside giving option, whitch platform should be default to run the game - f.e. I have 3 copies of Limbo, each is shown as one position, it's annoying)
* grouping game in library by game series, alphabetically games from one series they are not always in proper order - f.e. "Monkey Island" series altphabetically in games library are scattered between games without series, i think proper order is alphabetically between single game and group (f.e. "Another World", "Monkey Island"[group], Obduction )
* manually adding game to library - add new source "CD/DVD", because at this moment game platform is marked us "other", f.e. my MassEffect, it's offline installer without any platform connection
* something for community - connector to games from Google Play and Blizzard will be a good stuff
* GOG.com, in account information please add a list of all recognized by Galaxy 2.0 games from the (library regardless of the platform) - I'm buying games from my work, so I not always remember whitch game I've bought. Export to CSV/XLS/XML from Galaxy 2.0 will be nice
* Games library export is needed - nobody want to once again add manually games from CD/DVD or other to library (after OS/computer reinstallation) - I think this is connected with previous proposition (to view list of all games from website/account information)
* please consider posibility of showing DLC's as a game subtree
* game progress is not always corectly remembered by platforms, please give posigility to mark game as finished
* PSN connector - did not find my games
* GOG.com - Android client :)

Regards
Tom.
Post edited October 18, 2019 by tombob832
On my system, the integration with Steam is lost after every system restart. I use Family View on Steam, maybe that's why? (Origin and Uplay are not affected, integration with them stays on all the time...)

That is very annoying since I have to authorize the connection with Steam every time again and again...

Fun fact: The integration stays "connected" with Steam when I close the GOG Galaxy 2.0 client (from the menu, so it is completely closed) and restart it without completely rebooting the system. So it only happens after a complete system shutdown/restart. Very strange...
Are Cloud Saves not working today or am I the only one with that problem?
I signed up for the beta quite a while ago and they haven't added me ....
can you include me????
Lone_Scout: Are Cloud Saves not working today or am I the only one with that problem?
I'm having this issue as well, all across the board.
Been using GOG Galaxy 2.0 for 10 days now.

Launcher has been excellent, haven't experienced any issues. Achievements seem to be tracking and hours played.

It would be awesome to have the recently played list integrated into right clicking the icon in the system tray for faster access.

Really looking forward to having my friends lists integrated into one. This is quite possibly one of the most important aspects of GoG 2.0 for me.

Just a few quick thoughts. Thanks for the launcher.
I have been using GOG galaxy 2.0 for a few days now and I am really enjoying it. It is a convenient way to access my library across several platforms.

I would just like to offer one suggestion so far. The original version of galaxy had a menu on the launcher (I think it was other) that allowed to launch certain accessory programs and I cannot find the equivalent on Galaxy 2.0. This is particularly an issue with Civilization IV complete where the launcher offers no way to launch the "Beyond the Sword" expansion - only the base game.
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but if the launcher can't update the game, it would be nice if it would indicate that an update is pending.

Other than that, you all are doing a great job with it!
So far so good.
Minor things:
Integrators crash in the background, no effect on the game.
When a game is searched, there is no shortcut that leads to the shop. Only "mark as owned"