It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
After using it for a few days the biggest annoyances are:

1) I am unable to find a way to download the installers from the Galaxy client. This used to work very well with the old client. Maybe I'm just stupid. Where is that option? In the settings menu I can still customize the download folder, but from the games I can only install them, not "only" download them.

2) I cannot sort the view in order of purchase date/time. So downloading recently purchased games now is a game itself, called "find them!"...

Please add those functions again to the new client!
I've just received the invitation mail to the GOG Galaxy 2 Beta.

I've downloaded the installer and it works great.

Except that when i try to connect myself the app tells me that "it seems i'm not invited yet".

What's going on?
joelizzi: I would love to try it, but every time I launch it, it runs for about 20 seconds, and then quits with a connection error. (And, since it did this regardless of anything else, I had to re-run it about 2 dozen times so it would finish converting my library, as it would only do a few percentage points at a time.)

Client: Mac Version (macOS 10.14.6)
Can confirm this behaviour.

Bug report for MacOS:
If multiple users are logged in simultaneously, GOG 2.0 beta errors out with "Connection to Communication Service was lost and could not be restored! GOG Galaxy with now shutdown."

Solution is to finally offer multi-user support since it is 2019 and not 1993. :)

Workaround: Log out any other users before running the GOG client.
Attachments:
GOG Galaxy 2.0 doesn't detect that my connected steam games are installed, even when scanning my whole Drive folder for the games where they are most definitely installed.
Beesechurgur: GOG Galaxy 2.0 doesn't detect that my connected steam games are installed, even when scanning my whole Drive folder for the games where they are most definitely installed.
Are you already signed into Galaxy 2.0's settings using your Steam account?
I received my invite on my Gmail but my account is on outlook, and at the end of the invite it says,

"You can log into GOG GALAXY 2.0 only using the same email address you've received this invitation for"

now when i try to log in it says "it seems you have not yet been invited" I dont remember why or how mi Gmail ended on the beta list, can this be changed ?
I had been waiting for gog2.0 for more than 3 months,please!
Where is the goodies tab????

Galaxy 2.0 has less freedom than the original...

**Update**

I uninstalled Galaxy 2.0, and installed 1.2

I really missed some of the freedom that's in 1.2 like the 'other' tab where I can choose DLC's and stuff like that

I wanted to play the Deus Ex: Revision mod but I could only launch the GOTY version...
Post edited October 10, 2019 by HetisdeDuitser
The plugin crashes all the time. On Steam all the time but sometimes also on Origin. I also noticed that the connections to my accounts have just disconnected and I had to re-link my accounts.
Attachments:
It would be neat if GOG Galaxy 2.0 could automatically launch all connected launchers when it starts - perhaps this feature could be a tickbox in the "general" section and it should definitely come with a WARNING message of some sorts that this might take a while.
Just a few suggestions and requests. I apologize if these have already been covered.

1) The forum - why aren't there simple page navigation buttons or something? This topic already has 28 pages, and I didn't bother to read through to see if my items have already been brought up because this forum is clunky and frustrating without universally standard navigation methods.

2) Sign in - GOG Galaxy needs the ability to remember your password, just like pretty much every other launcher I have used in the last 10 years. Having to enter my password anytime I want to do anything ranges from annoying to frustrating depending on how bad my day was that I am wanting to play a game to burn off some stress from.

3) Games in Store - if I am going to the Store from the GOG Galaxy launcher, which has most of my library of over 600 games known, that information should be able to be leveraged so games in the store that I already own on another platform are somehow identified. For instance if you already know I have something on Steam, there should be an icon or marker or something on the game saying so instead of making it look like I don't own the game at all.

4) Internet Connection - this new version of GOG Galaxy is requiring me to log in anytime I want to play any GOG game (using a desktop icon for the game not the GOG Galaxy launcher). It's annoying to start with since I should need to log in to play a single player game, but does this also mean I can no longer play GOG games without an internet connection? I travel a lot, and being able to play my games without being logged in to the launcher (such as Steam allows) is going to make my 12-20 hour international flights a real pain.
Been using it for a about a month, now, and I wanted to say it has drawn me into playing more of my GOG games. In fact, I bought a newly release game here instead of on Steam, and have put over 7 hrs into it so far. I have all my accounts connected and it's running pretty well! Just missing some artwork, but I hope that'll fix itself soon.

One thing I'd like to see is respecting categorized and hidden games from Steam. If you can't pull over the catgories, at least respecting hidden ones would be nice. Otherwise, I have to hide them again.

Thanks for 2.0! It's coming along nicely.
MatrixRaven: One thing I'd like to see is respecting categorized and hidden games from Steam. If you can't pull over the catgories, at least respecting hidden ones would be nice. Otherwise, I have to hide them again.

Thanks for 2.0! It's coming along nicely.
Yeah, that would be helpful.
On the other hand, it at least saves all of your settings to the cloud (as long as you don't log off your platforms, they delete all of your data regarding that particular platform for privacy reasons), so even if you have to reinstall your PC or use a second one, the hidden games, custom covers, etc. are all saved.

Uplay could learn a thing or two from that, I would have to re-hide the games there every time I installed...
I received an invitation but I won't use it as there is no Linux version. I hope there will be in the future. In the mean time, I'll stick with Lutris.
dr4Ke1: I received an invitation but I won't use it as there is no Linux version. I hope there will be in the future. In the mean time, I'll stick with Lutris.
Thanks for mentioning Lutris. I didn't know it existed. I don't use my Linux machines for gaming, much, but I will check it out and play with it.