It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
I would love to try it, but every time I launch it, it runs for about 20 seconds, and then quits with a connection error. (And, since it did this regardless of anything else, I had to re-run it about 2 dozen times so it would finish converting my library, as it would only do a few percentage points at a time.)

Client: Mac Version (macOS 10.14.6)
I went to download 2.0 and it says it requires Windows 8.

I run Windows 7 in my gaming PC and I like it that way; are you planning on supporting Windows 7 in the future?

I got really excited when I received the email to try Galaxy 2.0 and now I can't.
I have been using GOG2.0 for the last 2 weeks and I am loving it!! Thanks for making that available and I hope to see a Twitch integration soon :)
Cheers !
Really happy with it! Please add more launchers!
Stefanos: I went to download 2.0 and it says it requires Windows 8.

I run Windows 7 in my gaming PC and I like it that way; are you planning on supporting Windows 7 in the future?

I got really excited when I received the email to try Galaxy 2.0 and now I can't.
I just installed it on Win 7 and it's working fine
Grid view custom sizing should automatically apply to every filter list by default. Having to manually apply my prefered view setting to all 10 platform/all/installed filters is not ideal.
wizcreations: Grid view custom sizing should automatically apply to every filter list by default. Having to manually apply my prefered view setting to all 10 platform/all/installed filters is not ideal.
It's so that you can have each bookmark with its own listing mode, for example, a longer list may be better in either small grid or list, unlike a shorter one.

But yeah, we need some option to have the current settings apply to all the rest when needed, that would be great.
When returning to a list or a bookmark from a game page, the first click should make the list be in the position where the game is (like when clicking "back" on the top left of the details page, but not returning to the previous list, instead show the game in every list you click on, if the game is in that list also). Make a second click on a list or bookmark go to the top of the list.
I haven't extensively combed my library yet, but I have noticed some items not showing up.

My Steam Quake I mission packs (Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity) aren't present at all, but Quake I is. I'm guessing this is because both mission packs install into the Quake Steam folder and use the base EXE to run.

Next, I have a suggestion for duplicate games (sorry if this has been mentioned before):

It would be awesome if we could choose to either

Show all duplicates

OR (I'm having trouble wording this effectively)

For duplicate games, show only games from [DROPDOWN MENU]: CLIENT SELECTION

That way we can select which client we'd prefer for duplicates. For example, I'd like to hide all my Steam and Uplay duplicates and only see the GOG versions of my duplicates, if that makes sense.

I think this should be in the Settings tab, OR a small button in the library or "view" tabs for people who switch often.
Post edited October 08, 2019 by _ess_
The game "Cypher" on Steam by Matthew Brown was imported wrongly as "Cypher: Cyberpunk Text Adventure."

I hope that this is not affecting any other "importing" processes!
Great to be able to finally try the beta. But I find there's no controller support for the GUI which makes it practically unusable in my environment where I have my PC plugged into a video projector and I play games on the big screen.
Hi. This is feedback regarding Galaxy 2.
-The "Recent" tab isn't very useful at all for me. I wish I could customize it, move it down the list, or get rid of it entirely.
-In "All Games" tab, sorting is as much as important as filter, and I would like to be just as visible. The settings icon is ambiguous. It took me a bit of time to notice it.
-It's not at all clear that I can add new tabs, and how it can be done. I found the option just because I've tested things in order to be accurate in my feedback.
-I miss the option to look up games that I don't own from the main search bar.
-I'm not so sure about "Featured" being the default.

Maybe I've missed a few explanations in the introduction, and if I did, it would be helpful to be able to review it.
I see a potential in the new version, but as it stands, I like the old one better.
my two remarks so far :

When opening the GOG galaxy it remember that I like my games in tag view. However, all tags are open, even if I reduced them. It would be cool for the client to remember the status of the tags.

Also is there a limit on tags ? I try to add a 10th tag in the list, but it does not appears.

Last where does the "genre" (type ?) info come from ? Ir seems very strange...

Good work !
Hi,

Granted I've just been given access to GOG2.0, I've connected all my profiles (with the exception of PSN which I don't own).

One thing in particular that I didn't seem to find / isn't implemented, is the ability to quick launch a game. From what I've seen, I've got a couple of choices to launch a game :

1)Go to installed game, either right click play or open the game page and click play
2)Create a bookmark of the game's page, to be easily accessible from the left panel

What I'd like instead is that the icons in the Installed games, to be either responsive to a double click, which would start the game, or have a little playing icon on the bottom/top wherever of the icon.
stolennn1: Hi,

Granted I've just been given access to GOG2.0, I've connected all my profiles (with the exception of PSN which I don't own).

One thing in particular that I didn't seem to find / isn't implemented, is the ability to quick launch a game. From what I've seen, I've got a couple of choices to launch a game :

1)Go to installed game, either right click play or open the game page and click play
2)Create a bookmark of the game's page, to be easily accessible from the left panel

What I'd like instead is that the icons in the Installed games, to be either responsive to a double click, which would start the game, or have a little playing icon on the bottom/top wherever of the icon.
While in Grid view, go to Settings (in the upper right side of the bar on top) > Customize Grid View > Show Additional Information > Status

That will make a small icon appear next to the Grid view covers, when hovering that icon, it turns into a quick launch button.