It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
MrKoddy: I was wondering why GOG Galaxy was still in beta and why some integrations don't work anymore
rastilin: I gave up on it ages ago when it corrupted my Stellaris installation. I'll never use it again.

Actually I was wondering if anything had changed since this thread is still active, but apparently not.
There was a update a few days ago that borked things badly
rastilin: I gave up on it ages ago when it corrupted my Stellaris installation. I'll never use it again.

Actually I was wondering if anything had changed since this thread is still active, but apparently not.
smuggly: There was a update a few days ago that borked things badly
At each startup, my GOG Galaxy 2.0 tells me it fails to update but it is well updated, I don't understand why
smuggly: There was a update a few days ago that borked things badly
MrKoddy: At each startup, my GOG Galaxy 2.0 tells me it fails to update but it is well updated, I don't understand why
I think it's the Comm. svc.
I was excited at first to use GOG Galaxy 2.0 not only to merge the different PC Games store but also as an emulation frontend. You see, GOG Galaxy 2.0 is connected to IGDB, so you can add other games that are not necessarily PC and link your own executables (in this case emulator with the right command line to launch the appropriate emulated game).

The main feature I think GOG Galaxy 2.0 have over other launchers like playnite or launchbox is it stores playtime in their servers, which means I could play on several devices and have my total playtime synchronized. But I recently learned that GOG Galaxy filters out anything tagged as Port, Mod or DLC on IGDB. So for example if a game has a Wii version then a DS version, the DS version is considered a Port on IGDB and as such doesn't appear on GOG Galaxy and thus I can't add both Wii and DS versions on GOG Galaxy, this is very disappointing.

Edit: Also I play a lot of pokémon romhacks and even though they appear on IGDB, they don't appear on GOG Galaxy because they are tagged as "Mod" on IGDB.

Galaxy does suffer from other problems, like sometimes it just stops tracking playtime and I have to reinstall the whole thing for it to work again. Or how there is always this nagging message of "Epic games scanning" or something.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant, but is there no way to talk directly to developers like on Discord ? or did they just give up on this.

Honestly, GOG Galaxy 2.0 has (or had ?) a lot of potential, not only as a one stop PC games launcher but also as emulators frontend.
Post edited January 31, 2023 by amine456789
Can't update, still in BETA after all these year. Total failure.
Mendax1989: Can't update, still in BETA after all these year. Total failure.
also can't update to 2.0.58 hotfix
Update 2.0.58 killed the overlay in Cyberpunk 77 for me. Shift-Tabbing shows a cursor and nothing else. I'm running galaxy on Linux with Lutris-GE-Proton-7.36 and latest stable dxvk (2.1) as well as vkd3d-proton (2.8). I read someone else is having this same issue with Witcher 3, albeit on Win.

The same is exhibited in older DirectX 9 games like "Of Orcs and Men" and "Styx - Master of Shadows" (dgvoodoo dx9 to dx11 wrapper fixes this although with some graphics errors). "Sniper - Ghost Warrior" outright crashes with activated overlay feature. DX11 games generally seem to work fine from what I've experienced.

Just wanted to let you know. Perhaps an update for CP77, in the same vein as TW3, is also in order regarding this issue.
Updating GOG Galaxy still doesn't work
The game "Seal of Evil"(clone Diablo) bought on Steam is displayed on pictures in gog galaxy by the game "Evil Seal"(Action). Fix it, pls.
Post edited March 01, 2023 by BestOldGames
Can't update. Still in BETA. Pathetic.
The "There was a problem with updating the application" bug is STILL THERE. When will it ever get fixed? I get that this is a beta but you would've thought that this issue would've been fixed by now.
Post edited March 02, 2023 by YAFUNN
YAFUNN: The "There was a problem with updating the application" bug is STILL THERE. When will it ever get fixed? I get that this is a beta but you would've thought that this issue would've been fixed by now.
You can just use the online downloader or this one and you'll be fine
Why does Galaxy not tell you the size of an update? it just spins and thinks, then "update failed" then tries again and again.

Most/All other platforms tell you this on or before they decide to just update.

It would be nice to know that I don't have enough space on drive xxx or this update needs xxx MB/GB before trying to update and failing and then repeatedly.
Launcher is going well, sometimes the updates check goes really slow

But then it's fine for me
I can only get some semblance of useability if I uninstall and reinstall Galaxy. Every other attempt just cause the client to crash.