It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Armpitster: I'm stupid about these things.

I have a laptop that has windows 10 on it. When
i originally bought GOG games I was using it solo. My brother gave me an old pc he had laying around and it has windows 7 on it.

My questions is, Does galaxy work with windows 7? 1 place I found says yes, another says no.

And can i switch back and forth between my laptop and pc with the games as needed?

Thank you in advance,

Armpitster out :)
"Officially" Galaxy 2.0 isn't designed to run in Win7 and it's "not supported". But if you're running an older version of Galaxy on Win7 it'll auto update itself anyway in spite of the version not supporting the OS as a valid way to use it, and last I heard, it runs normally anyway. The only issue is that if you need support there's a risk that they'll just tell you "We don't support using Galaxy 2.0 in that OS" while not providing you with officially-supported access to a client that does support Win7.
Armpitster: My questions is, Does galaxy work with windows 7? 1 place I found says yes, another says no.

And can i switch back and forth between my laptop and pc with the games as needed?
GOG Galaxy 2 works with Windows 7 perfectly.

Yes, you can use Galaxy on your laptop and PC.
Your saved games should carry over with cloud saves (supported games only).

Take note that you can be logged into Galaxy on one device at a time.
Before running Galaxy on your PC, close the program on your laptop (and vice versa).
Otherwise, Galaxy will notify you that you are logged in on another instance.
Post edited August 02, 2020 by Ilona
Armpitster: I'm stupid about these things.

I have a laptop that has windows 10 on it. When
i originally bought GOG games I was using it solo. My brother gave me an old pc he had laying around and it has windows 7 on it.

My questions is, Does galaxy work with windows 7? 1 place I found says yes, another says no.

Thank you in advance,

Armpitster out :)
obliviondoll: "Officially" Galaxy 2.0 isn't designed to run in Win7 and it's "not supported". But if you're running an older version of Galaxy on Win7 it'll auto update itself anyway in spite of the version not supporting the OS as a valid way to use it, and last I heard, it runs normally anyway. The only issue is that if you need support there's a risk that they'll just tell you "We don't support using Galaxy 2.0 in that OS" while not providing you with officially-supported access to a client that does support Win7.
Thanks for answerring. I've never used this pc before and it doesnt have an older version of galaxy on it. Is there anywhere to get it still?
Armpitster: My questions is, Does galaxy work with windows 7? 1 place I found says yes, another says no.

Ilona: GOG Galaxy 2 works with Windows 7 perfectly.

Yes, you can use Galaxy on your laptop and PC.
Your saved games should carry over with cloud saves (supported games only).

Take note that you can be logged into Galaxy on one device at a time.
Before running Galaxy on your PC, close the program on your laptop (and vice versa).
Otherwise, Galaxy will notify you that you are logged in on another instance.
I was wondering why I was getting weird errors.. is it maybe because i never logged off laptop? i'll try again today. thank you
Post edited August 02, 2020 by Armpitster
Armpitster: Thanks for answerring. I've never used this pc before and it doesnt have an older version of galaxy on it. Is there anywhere to get it still?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general_beta_gog_galaxy_2.0/how_to_keep_galaxy_v12_client_and_avoid_the_forced_v20_beta_update
I cannot create a topic. Why ?
ghostdlr: I cannot create a topic. Why ?
Whoa whoa, not too many details please... ;-)

Is the button missing?
Is the button not working when you click it?
Do you get any error message?
Hello,

I try to log in to Galaxy with facebook account.
It throws the attached error.

any help?
Attachments:
Euthimis: Hello,

I try to log in to Galaxy with facebook account.
It throws the attached error.

any help?
Can't PM you. Just wanted to let you know that your attachment discloses your private information. You may want to edit or remove it from the post. Regarding the error I can't help.
Post edited August 28, 2020 by Ilona
Can anyone please tell me how to open my Profile in GOG Galaxy 2.0 ?
I can open my GOG profile in my internet browser, this works.
Andreas_sp: Can anyone please tell me how to open my Profile in GOG Galaxy 2.0 ?
I can open my GOG profile in my internet browser, this works.
there is no such feature :0
Supposedly there is a way to get older versions of games via galaxy, could someone please tell me how?

I'm trying to get hold of terraria 1.4.1.0, which is not available from the website anymore. (Have owned the game for years here, just never downloaded any 1.4 version before today, brand new to galaxy just for that purpose). TIA

Edit: Figured it out, I had to install a copy of the latest version inside galaxy first, before the menu to downgrade it became available. No installer but playable.
Post edited November 10, 2020 by flickas
ghostdlr: I cannot create a topic. Why ?
Advanced89: Whoa whoa, not too many details please... ;-)

Is the button missing?
Is the button not working when you click it?
Do you get any error message?
Same problem here. Each time I click button "Post", "Please wait.." text appears, then button appears again.
So I ask here. I have a problem with GOG Galaxy installer.

I have uploaded GOG Galaxy installer to VirusTotal - no detection, good:
virustotal.com/gui/file/2e202e05865413b95af97d4008cafe2b837128e86da9aa092e62facdfc422b0b/detection

Then I have unpacked installer by UPX unpacker and uploaded again. Look at this:
virustotal.com/gui/file/353470ae5df9aca2afd7886b2933ea0bff811f5a0e5b222451764ecf450715d4/detection

23/67 detected malware, including Microsoft, Bitdefender, Avast. Many are quite specific that it is Zusy or Wacapew trojan.
Most probably it is huge false positive, ok. But it's too much for me, I'm not installing GOG Galaxy 2.0. I would like to see some official comments on this situation though
Post edited December 06, 2020 by kotlomoy
Back in 2019 we were told skin support was being planned. Is this still a thing or has it been abandoned? I would love to be able to change the darkness of the interface as it hurts my eyes and gives me headaches.
Post edited December 07, 2020 by DarkZephyr
I want to move over a single game to my SSD, is that possible without a complete reinstall?
Edit: found it.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by skullsplitter
skullsplitter: I want to move over a single game to my SSD, is that possible without a complete reinstall?
Edit: found it.
Can u post how?

I need to backup the game, re-download is very slow.
Is there an official way?

Thank you.