It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

OokamiG: Same problem here.
and if you try to play the game whilst patching it runs at 30fps and glitches everywhere

download finishes at 56% and then applying takes forever. I'd rather them at least give us a timeframe as to why it takes so long
Post edited December 12, 2020 by Blazeinit
Problem seems to be the way how patches are applied here on GOG Galaxy. It seems to create a temporary backup copy of the game into a game folder before applying the patch. If the game is as huge as Cyberpunk, it can be time and resource consuming, depending on what is in the patch actually.
I found out when this update seemingly froze at 57% and my PC suddenly slowed down. So I checked and found out that my already quite full disk suddenly shrunk of ~60GB, and Cyberpunk 2077 suddenly occupies 119GB.
Alright guys, I know this is annoying af, having been through it myself. Here's how I did it:

1. Exit GOG Galaxy.
2. Go to Task Manager and make sure that anything saying GOG Galaxy is ended.
3. Restart GOG Galaxy, and the "download" should restart. If it does, don't worry if the download was already completed, it will detect it and go straight to installation. I'm ten minutes into a Galaxy restart, and I'm at 65% and counting.
arcthorius: Problem seems to be the way how patches are applied here on GOG Galaxy. It seems to create a temporary backup copy of the game into a game folder before applying the patch. If the game is as huge as Cyberpunk, it can be time and resource consuming, depending on what is in the patch actually.
I found out when this update seemingly froze at 57% and my PC suddenly slowed down. So I checked and found out that my already quite full disk suddenly shrunk of ~60GB, and Cyberpunk 2077 suddenly occupies 119GB.
it'd be nice if they gave prompts like "creating temporary backup, please wait eta 4yrs". for example.
Foehunter82: Alright guys, I know this is annoying af, having been through it myself. Here's how I did it:

1. Exit GOG Galaxy.
3. Restart GOG Galaxy, and the "download" should restart. If it does, don't worry if the download was already completed, it will detect it and go straight to installation. I'm ten minutes into a Galaxy restart, and I'm at 65% and counting.
I don't think that resolves the issue, gog still creates a backup bro.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by Blazeinit
arcthorius: Problem seems to be the way how patches are applied here on GOG Galaxy. It seems to create a temporary backup copy of the game into a game folder before applying the patch. If the game is as huge as Cyberpunk, it can be time and resource consuming, depending on what is in the patch actually.
Blazeinit: it'd be nice if they gave prompts like "creating temporary backup, please wait eta 4yrs". for example.
Foehunter82: Alright guys, I know this is annoying af, having been through it myself. Here's how I did it:

1. Exit GOG Galaxy.
Blazeinit: I don't think that resolves the issue, gog still creates a backup bro.
Wasn't aware of the backup. That's interesting.
MKosminsky: Hi everyone

Two things I've discovered and thought I'd pass on to help you all (windows PC)

1) You can run the game without the patch having finished downloading - just go to the system files (program files x86) and run the application. It will run even if not through GOG (as DRM free)

2) In that same system file I deleted the text document cyberpunk2077.exe-2020122 etc and then when I re-started GOG, the patch download happened/updated instantly.

Not sure if that is a genuine workaround or I might've broken something, but GOG now tells me the game is fully up to date.

Hope this helps
I do not how much the new patch is on PC but GOG wont let me sync Cyberpunk to install the latest update. I have like 35gb of storage so I don't know why its not installing

1. Exit GOG Galaxy.
Tested ~10 times. It does nothing.
Still stuck at 88% same as it was 2,5 hours ago.

1. Exit GOG Galaxy.
Ashaz: Tested ~10 times. It does nothing.
Still stuck at 88% same as it was 2,5 hours ago.
Sorry to hear that. I'm sitting on 60% so it looks like I'll have a while to wait. Side Note: Don't let your computer go on auto-standby if you have any of those settings. It stops the patch and you have to restart.

I found that out the hard way.
MKosminsky: Hi everyone

Two things I've discovered and thought I'd pass on to help you all (windows PC)

1) You can run the game without the patch having finished downloading - just go to the system files (program files x86) and run the application. It will run even if not through GOG (as DRM free)

2) In that same system file I deleted the text document cyberpunk2077.exe-2020122 etc and then when I re-started GOG, the patch download happened/updated instantly.

Not sure if that is a genuine workaround or I might've broken something, but GOG now tells me the game is fully up to date.

Hope this helps
PunkGoG_2077: I do not how much the new patch is on PC but GOG wont let me sync Cyberpunk to install the latest update. I have like 35gb of storage so I don't know why its not installing
GOG seems to create a temporary backup of the game or at least of the files which are modified by a patch before the patch is applied. You would find a folder called "!Temp" (or something like that) in the Cyberpunk 2077 directory when the patch is being applied. My copy of Cyberpunk 2077 is 59.5 GB, and this temporary folder was ~60GB when the patch was being applied.
So is it confirmed that it's actually permanently stuck, or the download is moving but just irritatingly slowly?
Dr_Epicsquidness: So is it confirmed that it's actually permanently stuck, or the download is moving but just irritatingly slowly?
The latter. Irritatingly slow. I am basically walking away and coming back to see it inch up a single percent every ten minutes or so.
Knew I should have bought it on Steam, you think you're helping the company by doing away with the middleman, only to get shafted in patches by their sub-par patch servers.
Lesson learned.
Dr_Epicsquidness: So is it confirmed that it's actually permanently stuck, or the download is moving but just irritatingly slowly?
Nordse: The latter. Irritatingly slow. I am basically walking away and coming back to see it inch up a single percent every ten minutes or so.
Mine has been at 88% for close to 3 hours now.
Nothing I have tried has made it go any further.
Leaving it for the night now but I'm expecting to have to do a full reinstall tomorrow.
Nordse: The latter. Irritatingly slow. I am basically walking away and coming back to see it inch up a single percent every ten minutes or so.
I would say it depends on how much free space you have on your disc. In my case, the patch download was fairly fast, it was only 585MB after all. It's the patch applying phase that is horrendously slow, GOG seems to back up the whole game or at least the files it touches with the patch in the temporary folder before it applies the patch. This folder was ~60GB for me. It can be problematic if you have slow disc or have just about that much space. If you have less free space it should not update, or at least someone here had only 35 GB of free space and said it won't start the update for him.
This is not a good look, GOG. At least reach out to us with an update.

I'm at 92%.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by bleezysg