It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi, I have a problem today I downloaded the installer and this error will not allow me to run it. Did something like this happen to you? I'm a little google and basically ideal is to reinstall windows, any other ideas?
Attachments:
errror.png (6 Kb)
Ridko: Hi, I have a problem today I downloaded the installer and this error will not allow me to run it. Did something like this happen to you? I'm a little google and basically ideal is to reinstall windows, any other ideas?
Did you create a ticket for your problem (mantis2.gog.com or, Galaxy > cog menu > report issue) ?
high rated
Ridko: Hi, I have a problem today I downloaded the installer and this error will not allow me to run it. Did something like this happen to you? I'm a little google and basically ideal is to reinstall windows, any other ideas?
Yep, I had the same problem. Installer not even starting (no splash or anything) - directly 0xc0000005

In my case, it was an option from Windows Defender Exploit Protections:
Mandatory ASLR was "On by default", when the normal setting is "Off".

So, Just for the installation, set it to "Off" (or define an exception for the installer).
After installing, I could set it back - GOG Galaxy2 itself does run with this setting.
Attachments:
setting1.png (132 Kb)
setting2.png (40 Kb)
Post edited November 28, 2019 by merlinwv
merlinwv: Yep, I had the same problem. Installer not even starting (no splash or anything) - directly 0xc0000005

So, Just for the installation, set it to "Off" (or define an exception for the installer).
After installing, I could set it back - GOG Galaxy2 itself does run with this setting.
Different person but same issue. This solution worked for me! Thank you very much!
This usually happens when using 10 years old applications... It really should not be the case for a modern installer like Galaxy 2.0

PS: You do not have to disable ASLR completely, just exclude this installer.
Post edited March 22, 2020 by 29klm5
merlinwv: In my case, it was an option from Windows Defender Exploit Protections:
Thank you, that helped.
I have exactly the same problem: I get an immediate 0xc0000005 error when running the web installer of the GOG Galaxy client.

I tried disabling the Windows Defender real time protection as well as adding the installer executable as an exception, but the problem persists. No idea where or how to disable ASLR directly.

I've been trying to update, because I received a mail from GOG today, notifying me about a problem with the auto-update procedure in client versions lower than 2.0.15.

I'm on version 2.0.13 from February 25th 2020 at the moment and it seems that I'm stuck with this version now: No auto-update, no update-check function within the client, no offline installer and the web-installer won't even start.
Post edited May 09, 2020 by Aurevhin
Hello,

I had the same problem as you on 03/10/2021 to solve this error code you just need an old version of GOG you download it and it updates : ) with the latest version

https://content-system.gog.com/open_link/download?path=/open/galaxy/client/setup_galaxy_1.2.67.58.exe&_ga=2.94721948.1474291569.1633327676-85023279.1633327667
Post edited October 04, 2021 by EPlCMICKAFR
merlinwv: Yep, I had the same problem. Installer not even starting (no splash or anything) - directly 0xc0000005

Hello bro this worked for me thank you!!!