It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Serious Sam, Ghost Recon, Far Cry 1, 2, and more 60% off!

Do you like shooting things? Most gamers do, which makes the mainstream media overly excited and judgemental far too often. But let's not go there. We know that gaming shootouts are kept well-within the boundaries of virtual worlds and are all about fun, challenge, and feeling bad-ass while you relax in front of your computer screen. So, putting aside all controversy around first-person perspective shooters, let's jump right into action with 21 games that go "pew pew pew", "ra-tatatah", and "boom" for your entertainment. This weekend, you can get them with an explosive 60% off discount in our [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/fps_legends_weekend_promo_221113]Spectacular FPS Shootout promo! Let's take a look on some of the titles, shall we?

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - War Chest takes you to the fronts of World War II and let's you take part in some of the allied forces most crucial operations. The game became famous for creating a believable and suggestive image of battle conditions with a real infantry soldier in the role of the game's hero. The War Chest edition includes the original campaign that will take you from German bases in Algiers, through the D-Day landing in Normandy, to the occupied France, and both Spearhead and Breakthrough expansions. Enlist now, for only $3.99!

Too much realism for your taste? You prefer fast-paced action with hordes of enemies coming for your bad-ass protagonist and absurdly overpowered weapons at his disposal to cut the baddies to little pieces? No problem! We've got you covered with Serious Sam: The First Encounter and Second Encounter, games that became famous exactly for the type of old-school gameplay you're looking for. Well, that and excellent epic level design. Only $ 2.39 each!

Far Cry is the game that changed the way people perceive video games, thanks to the astonishing CryENGINE. In terms of lifelike graphics, physics, advanced enemy AI, and sandbox style FPS-ing, there is "before Far Cry" and "after Far Cry". Far Cry 2 took the game realism to another level--fully destructible environment, wind, rain, day, and night that affect enemy AI, and a beautiful African setting. The game features a spectacular story presented in a huge single player campaign which takes form 40 to 70 hours to beat. Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition contains the full Far Cry 2 game, including all previously released patches and the Far Cry 2 Fortunes DLC with additional content like new weapons and vehicles. Pick both games for only $3.99 each.

That's just a small taste of all the hardcore FPS action you can get in our Spectacular FPS Shootout promo until Tuesday, November 26, at 4:59AM GMT. Don't miss out!
F4LL0UT: Reality is depressing.
AdamR: That's why I play games. :)
I second that. Videogames are what got me through Elementary School, through High School, and on through College.They are the best therapeutic remedy for me when life craps on me.
deathmyrk: I second that. Videogames are what got me through Elementary School, through High School, and on through College.They are the best therapeutic remedy for me when life craps on me.
In sixty depressing years I'll look back and say to myself that video games are what got me through a depressing life. Nah, just kidding. But yeah, games are underrated as a life saver. :P
*resisted temptation*
I was really thinking about Far Cry 2, Medal of Honor, Shadow Warrior and Blake Stone Planet Strike but with summer here and the recent sales, I can't see me playing those games for some time. I will wait til i get my backlog down before purchasing anything for a while I think.
UT2004 brings back some great memories of Red Orchestra: Combined Arms and I wonder if people still play that fantastic mod.
AdamR: That's why I play games. :)
deathmyrk: I second that. Videogames are what got me through Elementary School, through High School, and on through College.They are the best therapeutic remedy for me when life craps on me.
I'll drink to that, *holds up beer glass* ;)
Had opportunity to complete Throwback Pack series on GOG with Blake Stone games. I will get that Far Cry 2 on the other occasion.
Ah, look what's on the Bestseller List now, thanks to this sale.

"Ich wille Unreal Tournament Spielen!!" (UT 2004, that is)
IwubCheeze: I'll drink to that, *holds up beer glass* ;)
The great thing about truly good games is that they can help pick you up (or at least get you through) when you're feeling down, and when things are going well and you're feeling pretty good, they're even better!
IwubCheeze: I'll drink to that, *holds up beer glass* ;)
mkell_226: The great thing about truly good games is that they can help pick you up (or at least get you through) when you're feeling down, and when things are going well and you're feeling pretty good, they're even better!
So true, so true. There is an exception though and that's when you get hooked until 2am then you feel like crap again because you don't have the energy to do what you need to do the following day. Or when you decide to only play for an hour and then do other things you need to do but instead you end up playing until the evening. Really hate myself when I do that.
mkell_226: The great thing about truly good games is that they can help pick you up (or at least get you through) when you're feeling down, and when things are going well and you're feeling pretty good, they're even better!
IwubCheeze: So true, so true. There is an exception though and that's when you get hooked until 2am then you feel like crap again because you don't have the energy to do what you need to do the following day. Or when you decide to only play for an hour and then do other things you need to do but instead you end up playing until the evening. Really hate myself when I do that.
I regret nothing!!
deathmyrk: Do any of the Unreal Tournament games still feature active online multiplayer? I remember having a blast on UT on PS2, and UT 2004 on PC back in 2005.
SpiderFighter: Yep! They're both still fairly active.
UT99 has changed a helluva lot since I last played back in 03. Are there any legit servers to join? It seems like everyone I go to is inactive, and the controls are whack.
Crap...

The ghost of keane is still around, and I've already bought another 5 games from this promo.
Just couldn't resist... O_o
I'm afraid christmas will finish me up... =)
SpiderFighter: Yep! They're both still fairly active.
deathmyrk: UT99 has changed a helluva lot since I last played back in 03. Are there any legit servers to join? It seems like everyone I go to is inactive, and the controls are whack.
Choose the "Populated Servers" tab. I was in a couple of games last night, and they were pretty active...10 in one game and 13 in the other. As I write this, there are 45 active games going on, with 210 total players (anywhere from 1 to 20 players in a game). There's not going to be as many servers as there were back in the early 00's, but you can always start your own. :)

If you're not seeing the active games, or having trouble accessing a server, it might be your firewall. Alt+Tab while querying the servers to make sure it hasn't popped up asking for permission.

Controls can be changed to whatever you want by going to Options / Preferences / Controls...they always sucked out of the box, imo.
JeffWoodie: Crap...

The ghost of keane is still around, and I've already bought another 5 games from this promo.
The only one on this list I wanted is Far Cry 2, but I have to wait until the Christmas sale. During the Insomnia sale I ended up paying $6.99 for Wargame: European Escalation, and it turned out I already had it from a bundle, so there went my budget (counting the other 10 games I bought!). :P

The real reason I'm replaying though, is to tell you your avatar kicks ass. That game is my biggest wish on GOG.
Post edited November 26, 2013 by SpiderFighter
deathmyrk: UT99 has changed a helluva lot since I last played back in 03. Are there any legit servers to join? It seems like everyone I go to is inactive, and the controls are whack.
SpiderFighter: Choose the "Populated Servers" tab. I was in a couple of games last night, and they were pretty active...10 in one game and 13 in the other. As I write this, there are 45 active games going on, with 210 total players (anywhere from 1 to 20 players in a game). There's not going to be as many servers as there were back in the early 00's, but you can always start your own. :)

If you're not seeing the active games, or having trouble accessing a server, it might be your firewall. Alt+Tab while querying the servers to make sure it hasn't popped up asking for permission.

Controls can be changed to whatever you want by going to Options / Preferences / Controls...they always sucked out of the box, imo.
JeffWoodie: Crap...

SpiderFighter: The only one on this list I wanted is Far Cry 2, but I have to wait until the Christmas sale. During the Insomnia sale I ended up paying $6.99 for Wargame: European Escalation, and it turned out I already had it from a bundle, so there went my budget (counting the other 10 games I bought!). :P

The real reason I'm replaying though, is to tell you your avatar kicks ass. That game is my biggest wish on GOG.
Thank you. I didn't even notice the Populated Servers tab until you mentioned it. That's much better. I also did change the control scheme and it is much improved. I am using a labtop, so controls are sometimes a real pain. I am considering using a controller. I really prefer not to for PC games. I am going to play a few rounds this afternoon when classes are over. I got stomped to high heaven earlier today.