It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fallout 1,2, and Tactics, Freespace 1&2, Castles 1&2, and other unforgettable Interplay games 50% off!

When a conversation between gamers comes down to listing the absolutely essential PC classics one can't simply imagine the gaming world without, inevitably Interplay games come up. Most PC gamers are dedicated Interplay fans, even if unknowingly. Even if by some strange twist of life you don't instantly recognize the label, it's an easy bet that looking at our this week's [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/interplay_weekend_promo_120413]Immortal Interplay Classics promo page you'll immediately notice at least two titles that will make you excited or nostalgic. The number of unforgettable titles in Interplay's offer here on GOG.com is simply astounding! Today, we bring you all of them with a 50% discount.Now, let's take a moment to talk about Fallout, shall we?

When it was first realesed in 1997, Fallout electrified the gaming community and proved that real depth and freedom of real-life pen-and-paper RPGs weren't that far out of reach of computer games as it was usually proclaimed. The post-nuclear wasteland became the number one destination for countless fans. The game was enormous, masterfully written, and extremely immersive. Making it even better seemed impossible. But then, in 1998, Fallout 2 came along and proved that perfection could still be improved. Larger gameworld provided even more freedom, and the variety of enemies, items, NPC, quests, and stories made it immortal. After all these years some people still stand by opinion that Fallout 2 is the best computer RPG ever created. Add Fallout Tactics on top of that, for those who think that the combat system was the best part of these games, and there you have it: the greatest classic Fallout offer possible!

But that's not all! Head out to our Immortal Interplay Classics promo page and grab yourself some of the best games ever made for the PC, 50% off on GOG.com. The offer lasts until Tuesday, April 16, at 3:59AM GMT.

As usual, below you'll find a new episode of This Week on GOG, a short video guide to recent events, promos, and other happenings on the site. By the way, if you haven't already, you might want to follow the GOG.com channel on Youtube, so you won't miss our shows, specials, and exclusive trailers.

This Week on GOG episode 22
Post edited April 12, 2013 by G-Doc
tinyE: Not to make this debate confusing but I never liked any of the Descent games yet I think Freespace 1 and 2 are two of the greatest games ever in any era or genre. Maybe I just find Descent too claustrophobic or maybe it's having a time limit (once the reactor is blown) in EVERY mission, but I always just found Descent too hectic and frustrating to be fun. When I first played Freespace 2 and I was able to take my time doing fly bys on this huge ass mother ships blasting little holes in it all while having all of space to fly around in and set up another run; a few seconds of that and I was hooked for life.
do not worry not everyone likes the same games, for this is exist different genres. for example, I never liked in adventure games "Monkey Island" I never knew that people saw on it, I also really bored the turn-based strategy games like Heroes of Might and Magic or Master of Orion (Only I play those against my brother, because he likes these games).

anyway I have saw you have good taste. because you like quake 4, not all appreciate this gem. many consider it a copy of halo (as I hate when people say that).
Post edited April 14, 2013 by sharp299
Castles was the first video game I could truly call my own. Remains one of the most entertaining games I've ever played.
Problem with Screamer 1 multiplayer:

The conf for hosting a server has a mistake.

imgmount d ".\screamer.dat" -t iso -fs iso

Instead of

imgmount d ".\scream.dat" -t iso -fs iso

Obviously with the wrong name it says it can't find the disc.
Ah! After looking through this thread I see that some people have pointed out that Interplay raised their prices. I was wondering about that... I could have sworn many of them used to be 5.99. I would have jumped on Descent 1+2 and Descent 3 if they were discounted at their original prices (making it 2.99 each on sale), but I find them to be overvalued at 4.99 each for my current gaming desires (I have a ton of games to play as it is; I really only wanted them for a collection with the possibility of playing them at some point in the future). I guess I'll have to find them 'elsewhere' if they're going to remain at these prices on gog. Very unfortunate.

I like to support gog, but it's hard for me to have any sympathy for a company that needs to raise prices on ancient games (I mean Interplay not gog). They're lucky anyone is still willing to legally purchase their games at all considering how old they are - raising prices isjust insulting the loyal consumers, especially considering how many other equally amazing classics are on this site at 5.99 without having to have their prices raised.
Yep they raised their prices unfortunately. I have half the Interplay games and wondering which ones ive left to get i should get this time. hmmm

FS1 worth it? Have the disk version and also the GOG version... both excellent.....
Hmm Die by the Sword....
Shogo
JA2 Unfinished Business
Hmmmmmm
Post edited April 14, 2013 by nijuu
Damn you GOG! You tease! I've wasted my last penny on last week's DnD games. I want these games too but then again I would have to settle for Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment for the time being. Damn. Damn. Damn... T_T
benang: Damn you GOG! You tease! I've wasted my last penny on last week's DnD games. I want these games too but then again I would have to settle for Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment for the time being. Damn. Damn. Damn... T_T
"Wasted"? My good man, unless you do not enjoy the genre, you purchased top-notch titles.
benang: Damn you GOG! You tease! I've wasted my last penny on last week's DnD games. I want these games too but then again I would have to settle for Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment for the time being. Damn. Damn. Damn... T_T
tfishell: "Wasted"? My good man, unless you do not enjoy the genre, you purchased top-notch titles.
Well, I do like those games. I've competed the Baldur's Gate saga twice, Planescape: Torment once, played Icewind Dale (forgot which one) until it crashed on me at Underdark with those mindflayer thralls fight when I was still in highschool. But in my current case, it is wasted. Because I am actually in a tight budget these few months. I used the CC for buying the games without my wife knowing (she would surely be pissed if she knew I used some money for my own pleasure rather than saving up for the family). I have to figure out how to pay for the games next month behind her back. Maybe I will just have to live on cheetos and tap water for the next few days.

Anyway, it was a good buy. Would've been better if I can also buy these Interplay games, most of which are also my faves like the Fallout series, Shattered Steel, etc. But I'm not a yoga guru who can go days without food so I can't save up for these games. :(

Damn you GOG. The temptation is so much for me. :(
benang: Well, I do like those games. I've competed the Baldur's Gate saga twice, Planescape: Torment once, played Icewind Dale (forgot which one) until it crashed on me at Underdark with those mindflayer thralls fight when I was still in highschool. But in my current case, it is wasted. Because I am actually in a tight budget these few months. I used the CC for buying the games without my wife knowing (she would surely be pissed if she knew I used some money for my own pleasure rather than saving up for the family). I have to figure out how to pay for the games next month behind her back. Maybe I will just have to live on cheetos and tap water for the next few days.

Anyway, it was a good buy. Would've been better if I can also buy these Interplay games, most of which are also my faves like the Fallout series, Shattered Steel, etc. But I'm not a yoga guru who can go days without food so I can't save up for these games. :(

I have a feeling these games will be on sale again, also if you can wait a long time I have a feeling the Fallout games will be heavily discount around December
This is a great promo. However, just last week I took advantage of the DnD sale and got several games that are going to keep me busy for a long time.

I fully intend to purchase and play the Fallout titles at some point, but I'm going to be realistic and leave them to another opportunity when I know I'll have more free time.
benang: Well, I do like those games. I've competed the Baldur's Gate saga twice, Planescape: Torment once, played Icewind Dale (forgot which one) until it crashed on me at Underdark with those mindflayer thralls fight when I was still in highschool. But in my current case, it is wasted. Because I am actually in a tight budget these few months. I used the CC for buying the games without my wife knowing (she would surely be pissed if she knew I used some money for my own pleasure rather than saving up for the family). I have to figure out how to pay for the games next month behind her back. Maybe I will just have to live on cheetos and tap water for the next few days.

mrking58: I have a feeling these games will be on sale again, also if you can wait a long time I have a feeling the Fallout games will be heavily discount around December
Yeah, I hope so.