It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get SimCity 2000 SE, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2, and more DRM-free EA classics 60% off!

This weekend nearly 30 classic from the Electronic Arts collection make their way to GOG.com with a solid flat-rate 60% discount. A line-up of timeless games arriving at such speed deserves to be called nothing shorto of a [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/ea_weekend_promo_030513]Classic EA Convoy! You'll find memorable stand-alone titles here, as well as all-time favorite series. Games from many genres to suit all tastes and temperaments. Whether you are an adventurous soul, a keen manager, or a daunting pilot, you'll find an excellent match for yourself on our promo page. But before you go there, let's take a quick look at some of the brilliant games we offer you today, shall we?

There was a time that all that a aspiring mayor of a virtual town needed, was a computer plugged in into nothing more than a power socket. Well, that and a copy of SimCity 2000, preferably the Special Edition that allowed you not only to construct and manage your town--that is: metropolis--but also allowed you to become an architect and design your very own buildings using the patented Urban Renewal Kit. Oh, yes! City-building was carefree and full of bliss, back in the day (up until an earthquake or alien invasion--but even that only happened locally). Many have forgotten, but we, here at GOG.com, remember. Today you can experience the urbanistic utopia once again, for only $2.39--a fraction of what you'd be paying for building a birdhouse, let alone a city!

If you prefer a smaller scale in your managerial sim, but maybe even more gameplay intensity, you should pick up Theme Hospital for only $2.39. This medical facility simulation takes serious matters like health care and exotic diseases with a hefty pinch of humor. Treating Hairyitis in patients suffering from prolonged exposure to moonlight might be a tad challenging, but its got to be fun at the same time. After all, not every day you get to order flea-powder and silverware compress as a treatment, right. Only here!

Lots of humor, even if a bit darker in tone, you will also find in Dungeon Keeper and Dungeon Keeper 2, Bullfrog's excellent fantasy games pitting iron-clad heroes and heroins against a horde of vile dungeon-dwelling monsters led by a repulsive demon. The twist is: this time around you're the evil boss of the dungeon. Command your minions, design deadly traps, and fend off those damn do-gooders trying to perform their petty quests. You also get to hoard ridiculous heaps of gold and jewels here, and the entry investment is only $2.39 for each of the games.

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, just as all of the games above, delivers complex and deep strategic gameplay with lots of factors to track at once--probably even more then the others. On top of that, it presents you with the most important task ever undertaken by the humankind: colonization of space! Taking everything that was so involving and enjoyable about the Civilization game, this one takes matters into an otherworldly setting. The version we offer here comes with the elusive Alien Crossfire expansion, all for the low price of--you guessed it--$2.39!

Impressive? Oh, but that's just the tip of the giant mountain of DRM-free EA gems we have lined up for you in our Classic EA Convoy! Be sure to check the whole promo page, not to miss out on any of the excellent titles we offer 60% off until until Tuesday, May 7, at 3:59AM GMT.

Have a nice weekend!
Just a quick recommendation if anyone is still thinking about picking a couple of the EA sale games up> i"m almost at the end of Lands of Lore: Throne of Chaos and have absolutely loved it __ it"s not that difficult< the voice acting is amazing< the graphics are pretty decent for such an old game and the whole atmosphere of the game is just "cool"

To say it also comes with the second game in the series as well for just a couple of books is an amazing deal _ buy it if you can
Shaolin_sKunk: Figured as much. At least they learned their lesson and used Liam Neeson much more in Fallout 3.
I got really annoyed by that - they must have spent so much money on Stewart and a lot of the rest of the voices were rubbish.
Buenro-games: That is an awesome memory. Thanks for sharing. No wonders some of us are stuck as gamers for life.
I think it stuck in my memory because of how impressed I was. I don't think I expected anything other than the solution to my one question.

yyahoo: Unfortunately, as you can see in the attached picture. Time has not been kind to it. 18 years... Wow!
Nice! Any red hots left? I'm pretty sure I still have the packet that Westwood sent. I should find it and scan it in, could be bonus content for LOL1+2 heh. I can't imagine there would be any copyright issues.

Bloodygoodgames: i"m almost at the end of Lands of Lore: Throne of Chaos and have absolutely loved it
Already at the end? Thats impressive!
Post edited May 06, 2013 by CrowTRobo
DukeNukemForever: Edit: Only Lands of Lore 1 would be also a possible ScummVM release, but as far as I know gog uses dosbox (to be absolutely sure you maybe want to check the subforum)
I own LOL1 and it definitely uses DOSBox. :)