It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

65 assorted games 70% off, no risk of getting trampled!

The time has come to unveil our [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/black_friday_weekend_promo_291113]special Black Friday promo First, let's put things in some perspective, though. There are a few great things about the Black Friday retail festivities, and one really, really bad one, that kind of spoils all the joy for many people. On one hand, you can go out there and grab consumer electronics, games, movies, and other tech-goods with insanely attractive discounts, finally getting those things you wanted, but without the guilt of paying too much for stuff that's not essential to your wellbeing. On the other, you risk getting seriously battered-up in the process, as hundreds, or thousands of other people will be trying to do just the same and they won't take competition kindly. Each year people get injured in their pursuit of great deals. Badly injured! Killed even! Even if the media blow the thing way out of proportion, the risk still exists.

Why take any risks? You're entitled to great Black Friday deals without exposing yourself to raging crowds. Take the digital route, this year! We've prepared a huge selection of titles for you, and applied a huge discount to all of them. Games that usually cost $9.99 are now available for only $2.99. Titles with $5.99 regular price tag are up for grabs for only $1.79. That's 70% off discount on a selection of 65 fantastic games. You can greatly expand your DRM-free collection and emerge victorious from this whole Black Friday ordeal, without staring into Death's cold eyes even once. You don't even need to rush in--we give you plenty of time to plan your purchase, so you don't end up with something you bought because it was dirt cheap, not because you really wanted it. That's Black Friday GOG.com customer love style! The offer lasts until Tuesday, December 3, at 10:59AM GMT.
Opted in purchase the Commandos and Seven Kingdoms series
Ghorpm: OK, I just got a natural 20 on my reality check. With such a huge backlog I really don't need more games, even though the discount is really nice. I'll pass...
Perhaps that was natural 1? ;) Today I made a totally different reality check:
1) Even if don't count expansions and minigames I've recently finished 11 games in a row.
2) I'm just about to finish Commandos Ammo Pack (last mission of Beyond the Call of Duty) and I'm >75% of completing a few other games
3) My only unfinished managerial sim is RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
4) I love managerial sim games
Conclusion: It won't hurt me to buy Capitalism Plus and Capitalism 2 (since it seems there are significant differences between those two). And while I'm at it I may add Chaos Overlords as it seems to be a really interesting games. And most important: it's neither cRPG nor P&C so I won't feel bad about buying it. (not that I don't like those genres, I do love them but my backlog is mostly composed of them)

Apparently I had a really bad mood on Friday :D
How long did the Commandos Ammo pack take u?
nijuu: How long did the Commandos Ammo pack take u?
Hard to say, because I'm usually playing ~30 games at once ;) It usually means that I play each game a bit (for example one or two missions) and then I'm taking a long break. After several weeks (sometimes even half a year!) I'm coming back to it and play another mission or two. I have a really good memory so this playstyle doesn't bother me at all. The drawback is I'm never really able to tell how long did it take me to beat a specific game.
Is it just my early morning brain or does the date/time in the news item not agree with the countdown timer?
I don't get paid till midnight tonight. It's 6:45 am here now.
donsanderson: I don't get paid till midnight tonight. It's 6:45 am here now.
A bit more than 16 hours to go. The countdown clock depends on your system's clock to show remaining time, so if your computer's clock is off, the timer will also be off.
donsanderson: I don't get paid till midnight tonight. It's 6:45 am here now.
JMich: A bit more than 16 hours to go. The countdown clock depends on your system's clock to show remaining time, so if your computer's clock is off, the timer will also be off.
Yeah, but right now it's almost 13 GMT so the promo will end at 5AM GMT and not 11AM GMT as it's written in the news post.
Won't 16 hours make it 4:59 am GMT? The article says 10:59.
My system clock is correct.

Sorry Ghorpm, you were way ahead of me. :-)
Post edited December 02, 2013 by donsanderson
Almost made it. Almost made it all the way past the sale. Then bam! Failed my will save. Ended up with Feeble Files, Master of Magic, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Simon 1, KKND, and Soulbringer. I regret nothing.
I couldn't resist and my backlog now contains:
Warlords Battlecry 3
World Rally Fever: Born on the Road
Feeble Files, The
Powerslide
Worms Forts: Under Siege
Worms United
Simon the Sorcerer 3D
Simon the Sorcerer 2
Simon the Sorcerer
Mob Rule
Worms 2
Locomotion, Chris Sawyer's
Soulbringer
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
Tex Murphy 1+2
Slipstream 5000

Woe me and my purse
Post edited December 02, 2013 by Schnuff
I'm glad to see people picking up Powerslide :)

Such a great game. Your first impressions of the handling will likely be "OMG, WTF?" but once you get into the swing of it, it's an absolute blast.

I was so happy the day that game appeared here!
Oh, man! I knew I should've bought RollerCoaster Tycoon 3! I told myself, "Nah, you have it on disc, don't waste the money!" So, today I go to install it on my new computer, but it won't because the disc apparently got scratched up in my recent move! I can hear Nelson saying "Hah hah!"
Post edited December 03, 2013 by marsrunner
Finally got around to getting the Tex Murphy series. Was up until 3 a.m. last night playing Mean Streets.