It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Buy any game on GOG.com and get the Witcher 1, too, free for a limited time!
This is the final week of our 5th Birthday Celebration. We're going to go above and beyond the call of birthday, though, and give you guys something incredible for our final thank you: buy anything on GOG.com--yes, anything--and get a free copy of [url=http://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher]The Witcher: Enhanced Edition with any purchase.

In case you don't know about it (how don't you know about it if you've found your way here?) the game has been lauded as:

"a fantastic RPG, and an amazing achievement for first-time Polish developer CD Projekt" (PC Gamer)

and

"one of the most engrossing, mature games in years" (Gamespot).

It's a definite must-have for all RPG fans and, frankly, all story-oriented mature gamers, and now, for an entire week it comes at an unbeatable price of free!

Combine that with the sale that we have right now on Divinity: Dragon Commander for extra promotional goodness, or find anything else that strikes your fancy and get a copy of the Witcher. Buy one for your friends--heck, at this price go ahead and buy one for people you don't even like all that much. ;)

This special offer lasts until Thursday, October 17 at 9:59 AM GMT
Sry, if this was asked and answered, I just quickly browsed the thread with no luck, but do we get Wither with every purchase or with every game purchased? And, is this promo limited to one free Witcher per account? If no, will I become a Witcherwhore if I make three separate transactions for three games to get three Witcher codes, just to spread Witcher love to the world? :)
Post edited October 12, 2013 by KarmaTV
Aaaand here's my gift code.

W3WU-WM8H-GFK5-94RP
The-Business: How long will gift codes be valid?
Indefinitely.
Nergal01: Aaaand here's my gift code.

W3WU-WM8H-GFK5-94RP
thanks for your code. redeemed
KarmaTV: Sry, if this was asked and answered, I just quickly browsed the thread with no luck, but do we get Wither with every purchase or with every game purchased? And, is this promo limited to one free Witcher per account? If no, will I become a Witcherwhore if I make three separate transactions for three games to get three Witcher codes, just to spread Witcher love to the world? :)
One code with every purchase (unless you DON'T already own the game, then you'll get it added to your shelf instead). Not limited to one per account.
GOG you rock. Seriousl! Awesome stuff, even though I already played through Witcher I twice.

Buuut, ehm, I don't want to be cheapskate but if I buy each of the 25 interesting promo games you have right know, and if I go to the hassle to buy each of those games seperately I do get 25 awesome Geralts, am I right?

Couldn't you just limit this to one per user otherwise I think I start collecting Witcher codes this weekend.
[Edit]
Since I neither fancy Wing Commander nor the Ultima series (except for the third part) but they are pretty good games in their own right, I think I might simply start my Ultima and Wing Commander Collection tomorrow![/edit]

[Edit 2]
WWitcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witch er,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Boobies,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Wit cher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher, Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witcher,Witche r,Witcher![/edit]
Post edited October 12, 2013 by Khadgar42
Khadgar42: am I right?
Your statement is correct.

I'm starting to liken GOG's The Witcher campaigns to a minigun firing USB-sticks with the game rather than bullets.
Seriously guys at GOG,
would it be easier to gift this game to every one, once a total amount of other games have been bought?

Or would you at least host a tombola where we, the proud multiple owners of Witcher license codes can donate the codes so that different poor witcherless people can enjoy a chance of winning a code?
This is one of many times that I see a gog sale or promotion, with a game much cheaper (even free) than the price of my purchase. Please Gog, compensate for the difference with some voucher or something like that and do not upset previous buyers.
Post edited October 12, 2013 by msalperen
I don't got it,witcher will gone at Thursday or gone only offer?
Post edited October 12, 2013 by Felix1990
Felix1990: I don't got it,witcher will gone at Thursday or gone only offer?
Read the OP?
GOG.com: This special offer lasts until Thursday, October 17 at 9:59 AM GMT
gbaz69: Great, on my 20th game purchase, I get an error, re-tried 4 more times.
Guess either paypal or the credit card tied to my paypal account got frozen.
Btw, checked my paypal account seems to be working fine.
People (not just you gbaz69): If multiple purchases cause your credit card to freeze, turn the card over and call the 1-800 # (or whatever it is in your country) on the back. All you have to do is confirm that you made the purchases [and that you're you] and they'll unfreeze your card.

(That said, it would be nice if credit card companies weren't retarded and wouldn't freeze a card just because of two tiny purchases made from the same company [GOG] where I've made untold dozens of tiny [and not so tiny] purchases before. Not sure I can blame them when you push it all the way to 20 though.)
could someone please get me a gift code for this? i've been dying to play this game, but im sadly broke.
Nice move, but

I hope for gog and CDpred that the synergy effect and free PR outweigh the risk of game devaluation and other disadvantages by tossing out Witcher gift-codes left and right for free.

When that is said, then ....Happy birthday, gog!
Felix1990: I don't got it,witcher will gone at Thursday or gone only offer?
Maighstir: Read the OP?
GOG.com: This special offer lasts until Thursday, October 17 at 9:59 AM GMT
Maighstir:
Yea,but "Buy any game on GOG.com and get the Witcher 1, too, free for a limited time!".I am confused