It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Potzato: ......That and I'm french so I have to wine on a regular basis.
Fixed. : P
low rated
BlueMooner: Fixed. : P
Wineing sounds more fun than continuing this discussion...I need to get some
Gogger + alcohol = bad ass gamer.
Antimateria: Gogger + alcohol = bad ass gamer.
Gamer + grain alcohol = bad ass gagger.
Gonchi: Here's the image that sums up the differences. Anything released post Berlin is unplayable by the DRM-Free version.
Can you please let me know where this comes from because it directly conflicts with the Harebrained KS Update sent today?
Antimateria: Gogger + alcohol = bad ass gamer.
BlueMooner: Gamer + grain alcohol = bad ass gagger.
I almost continued that thing but I just thought that I just say.. sockpuppet!

Edit: white wine makes your hangover gag and last.
Post edited April 13, 2013 by Antimateria
Gonchi: Here's the image that sums up the differences. Anything released post Berlin is unplayable by the DRM-Free version.
orcishgamer: Can you please let me know where this comes from because it directly conflicts with the Harebrained KS Update sent today?
...?

It's from the Kickstarter update that went up today.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns/posts/453037

Scroll down, half-way through the update.
orcishgamer: thelovebat was not a backer, he was promised nothing at all.

Nowhere was it promised there'd even be DLC (at least not on the main page, it may have showed up in an update).
thelovebat: You're right, nowhere was it promised that a stretch goal would be sold separately as DLC instead of being part of the base game.
So, when you're wrong, change the argument, nice strategy!

Said "DLC" is free AND DRM free to me, an actual backer.
low rated
orcishgamer: No, what they said in the latest update was:

"Backers who want a DRM-free experience with Shadowrun Returns (on Windows, OSX, and Linux) are getting the game, editor and all, and will be able to transfer community-created story files and update executables manually. (It works just like a non-Steam version of Skyrim: you can install mods manually or via a 3rd-party tool such as Nexus.) The DRM-free version will not require any internet connection or any form of online authorization to play.* In addition, Backers who like the convenience and reliability of Steam and who want automatic updates, easy-to-browse content, and a DLC store are getting them."

Is there any other source for the information you're indicating? According to their latest update only their post Berlin DLC will not sideload, ALL user generated content will.
Don't waste your time discussing about it. The DRM-free version is exactly the same as Steam's version except for future DLC that was NOT mentioned in the KS campaign. Backers are getting EXACTLY what they pledged for. But people need a reason to be pissed and moan, even when there's none. I think the only way to make them happy would be to completely eliminate Steam's version and release only the DRM-free version.

Remember when Brian Fargo said that Wasteland 2 would be released on Origin too and people got pissed and said that he "sold out" to EA? People just love to moan.
Post edited April 13, 2013 by Neobr10
Neobr10: Remember when Brian Fargo said that Wasteland 2 would be released on Origin too and people got pissed and said that he "sold out" to EA? People just love to moan.
There has been heard some talk about Wasteland 2 but I don't really know what is even Wasteland 1, also where should I get it if I must?
thelovebat: When did I ever say in any of that that I was promised anything? The point is some people pledged or upped their pledge so they could reach the stretch goal. Turns out the stretch goal gets released as DLC, meaning that anyone else who buys the game doesn't in fact get it for free. Many backers were under the impression it would be part of the actual game everyone else would be getting, as you can see by this user comment on the RockPaperShotgun article.
jackalKnight: They were "under the impression". Doesn't mean they were ever told it would be available for everyone. Hence non-backers were never promised any free DLC.
Specifically some of the rewards (funded with backer money) were supposed to be exclusive to backers. Backers asked if they couldn't be included as part of the game for regular purchasers and Harebrained agreed.

So while said poster may have had whatever impression, there were reasons even back then for him to have known better.
orcishgamer: Can you please let me know where this comes from because it directly conflicts with the Harebrained KS Update sent today?
Gonchi: ...?

It's from the Kickstarter update that went up today.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns/posts/453037

Scroll down, half-way through the update.
Sorry, read the email version. That helps, I'll check if they've clarified the discrepancy between the text and the graphic.

EDIT: Okay, now I get it, you only won't be able to sideload content made with post-Berlin DLC "stuff", essentially if the player created stuff includes hooks to post later, Steam-only DLC, then yeah, you can't sideload it because the DRM-free version would be missing those assets.

Sideloaded content created after that without the need for the DLC assets (which will probably be most of it, since DLC has a low adoption rate and modders want their mods played) will still sideload.

So I think the text explanation I quoted is still correct: unless someone creates content that specifically relies on Steam only content (e.g. Steam assets contained in DLC) then you can sideload the content fine.
Post edited April 13, 2013 by orcishgamer
Meh. Probably will just get the Steam version then. I merely backed this along with FTL, Wasteland 2 and DFA as an experiment to see how these things would work out, not due to any DRM nature or lack thereof.

Haven't backed any projects since. There are too many unkowns no matter what developers may promise me at the time. Hell, I've been seriously thinking about backing Battle World: Kronos, but I'm once again considering that I may just as well wait until the damn thing is finished since it's already way past its funding goal. I guess I prefer to see a complete product before putting money down on the line. In the grand scheme of things my paltry $15-25 won't mean much anyway.

I somehow don't think this Kickstarter trend will be sustainable in the long run, anyway. Sooner or later I do expect people to stop caring and/or feeling supporter fatigue. *shrug*
Neobr10: Remember when Brian Fargo said that Wasteland 2 would be released on Origin too and people got pissed and said that he "sold out" to EA? People just love to moan.
Antimateria: There has been heard some talk about Wasteland 2 but I don't really know what is even Wasteland 1, also where should I get it if I must?
You can pre-order Wasteland 2 from inXile's site. The original Wasteland will be bundled with it.
orcishgamer: No, what they said in the latest update was:

"Backers who want a DRM-free experience with Shadowrun Returns (on Windows, OSX, and Linux) are getting the game, editor and all, and will be able to transfer community-created story files and update executables manually. (It works just like a non-Steam version of Skyrim: you can install mods manually or via a 3rd-party tool such as Nexus.) The DRM-free version will not require any internet connection or any form of online authorization to play.* In addition, Backers who like the convenience and reliability of Steam and who want automatic updates, easy-to-browse content, and a DLC store are getting them."

Is there any other source for the information you're indicating? According to their latest update only their post Berlin DLC will not sideload, ALL user generated content will.
Neobr10: Don't waste your time discussing about it. The DRM-free version is exactly the same as Steam's version except for future DLC that was NOT mentioned in the KS campaign. Backers are getting EXACTLY what they pledged for. But people need a reason to be pissed and moan, even when there's none. I think the only way to make them happy would be to completely eliminate Steam's version and release only the DRM-free version.

Remember when Brian Fargo said that Wasteland 2 would be released on Origin too and people got pissed and said that he "sold out" to EA? People just love to moan.
You know what... thank you.
thelovebat: When did I ever say in any of that that I was promised anything? The point is some people pledged or upped their pledge so they could reach the stretch goal. Turns out the stretch goal gets released as DLC, meaning that anyone else who buys the game doesn't in fact get it for free. Many backers were under the impression it would be part of the actual game everyone else would be getting, as you can see by this user comment on the RockPaperShotgun article.
jackalKnight: They were "under the impression". Doesn't mean they were ever told it would be available for everyone. Hence non-backers were never promised any free DLC.
No one ever said anything about free DLC, we're talking about a stretch goal being turned into DLC. The guy I quoted from the article also had a few other things to say which may clear up what I mean by what I said.
Attachments: