Speaking as a backer on SRR, reading some of the more inflamatory posts here and specially on the Ks page, makes me do a grand /facepalm, for such things as:
- treating KS as a glorified preorder store when it isnt one , and requesting a refund or making lawsuit threats at the first sign that the finished product is something diferent than imagined.
- ignoring that the game will be availible drm free aswell as the second city on the developer website. I imagine but could be wrong, that by the time the second city dlc is patched to the drm free version it would also patch to the latest public version. So patch support for the game should exist at leasdt untill that dlc comes out.
- consider a god given right to each backer the main game, the second city dlc, aswell as all future created content both from the developer aswell as the comunity from the point of release untill the end of time, wich has to be made availible at the personal whim of said backer.
- expect ad eternum support for the game from the developer.
- make all kinds of theories as facts
- Disregard and consider a personal insult the choice of steam when it has several advanfages for the developer.
Personnaly i don´t care much about their update, perhaps some disapointment if indeed the user created content cant be shared between the steam version and the drm free version, but hardly worth getting all fussed about it.
+1 for the well informed and written post. When people read "Steam" on the KS page, they got blinded by ire and passion and didn't even take their time to think about it in a rational way.
Seriously, i understand why some people didn't like it that much, but i just can't agree with the nonsense bashing and inflamatory posts. It's NOT that big of a deal. So far, they have fulfilled all their promises. As already pointed out by SimonG, they didn't mention ANYTHING in their KS pitch about future DLC, let alone making it available for the DRM-free version. They did mention that an account system would be needed for the community features, though. So yeah, you are getting everything you paid for.