It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ultimate cosmic power has never been so near!

Wizardry 8, an epic conclusion to the Dark Savant saga, successfully transferring one of the most prominent classic RPG series into the realm of modern 3D graphics and featuring 200+ hours of challenging and diverse gameplay--DRM-free on GOG.com, for only $9.99

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/wizardry_8][/url]There's a reason gamers like to refer to the classic RPGs like Wizardry or Might and Magic series, as the games of the good old times. The transition from 2D sprite-based graphics into the realm of 3D marked a distinctive line after which role-play gaming was changed for ever, and in many cases not in the way fans hoped for. Wizardry 8 was one of the very few games, that achieved a great feat--it adopted to the new era of gaming without losing its original spirit and old-school charm. When released 9 years after the previous game in the series, It was praised for staying true to what made its predecessors great and memorable. This allowed all the fans of classic Wizardry games to experience the conclusion to the Dark Savant saga in the only way they would accept as true, while keeping up with the contemporary standards.

Wizardry 8 allows you to import your party from the previous game and complete the Dark Savant trilogy in the company of old friends.Offering yet another 200 or more hours of deep, original, and satisfying gameplay it was dubbed a worthy successor of the classic series, and a well written conclusion to the entire story. So, there you have it hardcore role-playing fans--paired with Wizardry 6+7 its a classic trilogy that takes about 700 hours total to beat. Isn't that simply mindblowing?

You cannot hide nor delete a legend! Complete one of the greatest RPG sagas in existence--the story of the Dark Savant--get Wizardry 8 for only $9.99 on GOG.com.
Kunovski: (face it, even Wizardry 6 looks horrible - it was released the same year as Stonekeep, look at the difference!)
bevinator: Stonekeep came out in 1995, while Wizardry 6 came out in 1990.
oh, oops, can't read from wiki properly... sorry about that.

but anyways, any dungeon where you "jump" from tile to tile when moving or turning around without actually seeing the movement is unplayable for me (I really wanted to try Dungeon Master earlier but I just couldn't orientate in it :(
triock: You can find one in Trynton. ;) And it's not engineer, but gadgeteer. :D
Kunovski: so I can go back and forth with this gadžetýr? I really want to know what do those computers in upper monastery do :D
Having a gadgeteer along won't make any difference with the computer terminals AFAIK; what you will be able to do is make use of that lightning rod and eventually start combining parts (such as the microwave chip you can obtain in the monastery) to make new devices.
Kunovski: so I can go back and forth with this gadžetýr? I really want to know what do those computers in upper monastery do :D
Garran: Having a gadgeteer along won't make any difference with the computer terminals AFAIK; what you will be able to do is make use of that lightning rod and eventually start combining parts (such as the microwave chip you can obtain in the monastery) to make new devices.
oh... that changes a lot :) I might not need to go back in that case, thanks!
Garran: Having a gadgeteer along won't make any difference with the computer terminals AFAIK; what you will be able to do is make use of that lightning rod and eventually start combining parts (such as the microwave chip you can obtain in the monastery) to make new devices.
Kunovski: oh... that changes a lot :) I might not need to go back in that case, thanks!
Well, if you find wheel key in Arnika, you should go back to monastery. :P
Kunovski: oh... that changes a lot :) I might not need to go back in that case, thanks!
triock: Well, if you find wheel key in Arnika, you should go back to monastery. :P
aaargh, so many things to find and do in the game!!!

actually I love these things in a game, so hurray ;)
Lord Braffit in Arnika will tell you an interesting story if you show him the wheel key.
Yikes, I restarted the game to get a better party going and I just entered a battle on my way to Arnika, I had spotted one group of like 5 humans (those with ~80 health whatever they're called) then when the battle started there was another group of them I hadn't seen and a large pack of seekers far behind me, all together totalling 30 enemies... That's a bit overkill for this section. This is gonna take a while!

This game is great, no nostalgia here for this or the whole genre (I was a console only gamer back then, Saturn ftw) but I've been enjoying it a lot (I just about finished my first visit to Arnika doing all the quests I could find in the area and exploring most of it before I restarted, though I actually found more things at the monastery this time around, I actually had avoided battling those seekers and completely missed the NPC encounter explaining the situation and the dude boasting about the Dark Savant after that, haha).

Edit: on closer investigation I actually got my first PC around the time this game released, alongside my Dreamcast, I guess I never heard.
Post edited May 30, 2013 by Al3xand3r