It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ultimate cosmic power has never been so near!

Wizardry 8, an epic conclusion to the Dark Savant saga, successfully transferring one of the most prominent classic RPG series into the realm of modern 3D graphics and featuring 200+ hours of challenging and diverse gameplay--DRM-free on GOG.com, for only $9.99

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/wizardry_8][/url]There's a reason gamers like to refer to the classic RPGs like Wizardry or Might and Magic series, as the games of the good old times. The transition from 2D sprite-based graphics into the realm of 3D marked a distinctive line after which role-play gaming was changed for ever, and in many cases not in the way fans hoped for. Wizardry 8 was one of the very few games, that achieved a great feat--it adopted to the new era of gaming without losing its original spirit and old-school charm. When released 9 years after the previous game in the series, It was praised for staying true to what made its predecessors great and memorable. This allowed all the fans of classic Wizardry games to experience the conclusion to the Dark Savant saga in the only way they would accept as true, while keeping up with the contemporary standards.

Wizardry 8 allows you to import your party from the previous game and complete the Dark Savant trilogy in the company of old friends.Offering yet another 200 or more hours of deep, original, and satisfying gameplay it was dubbed a worthy successor of the classic series, and a well written conclusion to the entire story. So, there you have it hardcore role-playing fans--paired with Wizardry 6+7 its a classic trilogy that takes about 700 hours total to beat. Isn't that simply mindblowing?

You cannot hide nor delete a legend! Complete one of the greatest RPG sagas in existence--the story of the Dark Savant--get Wizardry 8 for only $9.99 on GOG.com.
I've installed the game and realized that I can't use keyboard commands to move. I can only move using the mouse. Is anyone else having this issue ?
Is is best to play it in order from 6 to 8? I can only afford 1 purchase. Wiz 8 looks to be my next purchase.
Greatest GEM of genre - FINALLY o GOG!
SpikyGOG: So I purchased my copy as well, but I have to tell I am really disappointed about Game Manuals quality. One is scanned by drunk man, every page has a bit different direction and the "print friendly" manual got very poor quality of pictures. What about taking one afternoon, take the best from both and put it into acceptable version.

I know it's only a manual, but I expected better work from you guys, -1 for this.
I think it's simply what they were provided or got from a site like Replacement Docs. EDIT: By the way, if it's important to you, make your voice heard via Support. (They have a "bonus content" option.)
Post edited May 23, 2013 by tfishell
A "mindblowing" set of releases indeed, i'll never doubt G-Doc again. At long last I finally get to play the computer versions of the Wizardry games. Thank you GOG and Gamepot.
joek0: Is is best to play it in order from 6 to 8? I can only afford 1 purchase. Wiz 8 looks to be my next purchase.
You get the most out of the story by playing them in order from 6-8. Plus you characters can be imported across all 3 games which gives you start up bonuses such as higher starting levels and abilities, better equipment. Also each game has multiple endings and beginning which can change the story, the ending in Wizardry 6 can actually affect where you start Wizardry 7 and how some factions react to your party.
SpikyGOG: So I purchased my copy as well, but I have to tell I am really disappointed about Game Manuals quality. One is scanned by drunk man, every page has a bit different direction and the "print friendly" manual got very poor quality of pictures. What about taking one afternoon, take the best from both and put it into acceptable version.

I know it's only a manual, but I expected better work from you guys, -1 for this.
tfishell: I think it's simply what they were provided or got from a site like Replacement Docs. EDIT: By the way, if it's important to you, make your voice heard via Support. (They have a "bonus content" option.)
I'll poke the Product guys. I'm sure that someone in the community can give us better quality scans of the manuals that they have sitting on their shelves and then we'll go through re-approval process for the assets and everything.
Yes! This is one of my most wanted games on GOG. Unfortunately I've just got a 3DS and some games for that, so I'm all tied up with that at the moment, but once I'm done with that, I'll buy this trilogy and really dig into it.

On a sort-of-related note, it'd be really cool if you guys could sell the upcoming Might and Magic X through GOG, though since I'm guessing it'll have Ubisoft's horrible DRM with it, that probably won't happen.
Export: I'm guessing it'll have Ubisoft's horrible DRM with it.
By horrible DRM you mean one-time online activation, then fully playable offline?
tfishell: I think it's simply what they were provided or got from a site like Replacement Docs. EDIT: By the way, if it's important to you, make your voice heard via Support. (They have a "bonus content" option.)
TheEnigmaticT: I'll poke the Product guys. I'm sure that someone in the community can give us better quality scans of the manuals that they have sitting on their shelves and then we'll go through re-approval process for the assets and everything.
Thanks for the input. I don't want to overly-criticize you guys if you all have a lot on your plate, but the truth is people look to GOG for quality in everything, both in the games and (admittedly free) bonus content. I've seen on a few occasions in the game forums people being quite disappointed about a DOSBox setup (mainly for the sound), or about the quality of the manuals provided, or other things. (Of course, with different software/hardware combos, different things will work for different people.)

As you've stated in the past, GOG is focused on games that just plain work straight out of the box (even if it is via emulator), and besides DRM-free that should absolutely be the #1 goal in my opinion. But that attitude towards quality should be mirrored in other areas too. Obviously, with physical pages you can only make them look so good, but Spiky's opinion and a few others suggests this work NOT up to what GOG standards.

I would LOVE to help out (clean up these docs via Photoshop, etc.) but I'm wary of GOG relying so much on their fans for unpaid support. If a "grunt-work" level position ever opens up for something like this, though, LET ME KNOW. ;-)
Export: I'm guessing it'll have Ubisoft's horrible DRM with it.
JMich: By horrible DRM you mean one-time online activation, then fully playable offline?
I mean the worst DRM I've ever encountered in terms of server errors, downtime and other bullshit apart from the horrendous GFWL. It's not the playable offline part I'm concerned with, I'm always online - it's just that the same can't be said for Ubisoft's servers. I've had problems with Farcry 3, Driver and Heroes of Might and Magic so far. I know they've softened it up more recently, but it's just that since GOG is an anti-DRM site, I assumed the 2nd worst DRM in existence - and the example of DRM often given as a reason why the practice is bad - would be a no-go. I was more looking at it from GOG's point of view rather than my own, I've already bought several Ubisoft games with this DRM, as mentioned above.
Post edited May 23, 2013 by Export
I had a poke around the usual places and the only Wizardry 7 DOS manual I could find was a text doc, I suppose it could be converted to PDF but it's not a scan of the real thing.
JMich: By horrible DRM you mean one-time online activation, then fully playable offline?
Export: I mean the worst DRM I've ever encountered in terms of server errors, downtime and other bullshit apart from the horrendous GFWL. It's not the playable offline part I'm concerned with, I'm always online - it's just that the same can't be said for Ubisoft's servers. I've had problems with Farcry 3, Driver and Heroes of Might and Magic so far. I know they've softened it up more recently, but it's just that since GOG is an anti-DRM site, I assumed the 2nd worst DRM in existence - and the example of DRM often given as a reason why the practice is bad - would be a no-go. I was more looking at it from GOG's point of view rather than my own, I've already bought several Ubisoft games with this DRM, as mentioned above.
Ah ok then. So far I've only had experiences with UPlay in the last year or so, with AC2 and AC:B. Both require a single one-time activation, can be played fully offline (though you still need to launch UPlay), and I think AC:B doesn't even need the one-time activation. But since that UPlay is one of the worst DRM-schemes, what do I know of it.
About time this one showed up here. I can imagine the amount of work needed to make it happen. Great work GOG.
Fantastic!
Just fantastic!
Now I´m believing in the wishlist again!