It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

War never changes. Wargames evolve.

Wargame: European Escalation, an amazingly complex and highly realistic modern military real-time strategy game presenting believable conflict scenarios in late XX century Europe, is available 50% off on GOG.com. That's only $9.99 for the first week!

The cold war divided the world and we might never know how close we came to mutual destruction of so called "east" and "west". The military budgets of this time period were simply unimaginable, leading to the highest accumulation of military force in mankind's history. With ideology, economy, and fear fueling the silent conflict, the arms race soon got out of control. Each of the sides paid close attention to the other's every step. One event was enough to provoke a war, which would engulf the entire war in nuclear flames. Now, you can see how intense things were getting!

Wargame: European Escalation focuses on the events that had the potential to trigger a war between the countries of the Warsaw Pact and NATO. The game's time frame (1975-1985) is one of the least explored, yet very interesting periods in strategic gaming. The title offers complex RTS gameplay giving you control over 361 different historical units characteristic for the forces of eight nations divided into two factions that take part in the events. On the Warsaw Pact side, we have the Soviet Union, Poland, East Germany, and Czechoslovakia, while NATO side includes United States, France, West Germany, and United Kingdom. The DRM-free version of the game includes all of the free expansions: New Battlefields, Conquest, Commander, and Fatal Error. With a wide selection of single-player scenarios (both historical and fictional), a variety of multi-player maps, and the unique IRISZOOM™ system allowing for fluent, continuous zoom from the global view to a single unit, this game delivers one of the most critically acclaimed contemporary strategic experiences!

Wargame: European Escalation, for only $9.99! The 50% off discount offer lasts for a week, that is until Thurdsay, August 22, at 11:59AM GMT.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: You'll need a CD-key to access the game's multi-player features. The key will be supplied with your copy of the game. We will begin supplying keys to customers tomorrow!
Post edited August 15, 2013 by JudasIscariot
Aver: This one is more focused on controlling very big group of units and fights are more like 'fire and forget'. Less micro, more macro. It's not my cup of tea.
trusteft: Are you sure you played this game?
Yes, I did and I'm still playing it.
trusteft: Are you sure you played this game?
Aver: Yes, I did and I'm still playing it.
Well, the thing is, I have (at least according to Steam which can't be trusted but still) at least 198 hours of this game played, yet at no point did I get to see myself controlling "very big group of units and fights are more like fire and forget".
Ever.
So, yeah, I am not sure how you got that.
trusteft: Well, the thing is, I have (at least according to Steam which can't be trusted but still) at least 198 hours of this game played, yet at no point did I get to see myself controlling "very big group of units and fights are more like fire and forget".
Ever.
It depends what you consider small group of unit. For me it is less than 10, like in World in Conflict.

There is still some micro in this game, but you can't compare it to World in Conflict where you can release smoke screens, load different type of ammo, use special abilities etc. In WiC it's common tactic to move your tanks behind the cover while they are reloading their guns. In this game it would be impossible because there are way too many units to give your attention to every single vehicle at once.
Delete.
Post edited December 14, 2013 by BKGaming
trusteft: Well, the thing is, I have (at least according to Steam which can't be trusted but still) at least 198 hours of this game played, yet at no point did I get to see myself controlling "very big group of units and fights are more like fire and forget".
Ever.
Aver: It depends what you consider small group of unit. For me it is less than 10, like in World in Conflict.

There is still some micro in this game, but you can't compare it to World in Conflict where you can release smoke screens, load different type of ammo, use special abilities etc. In WiC it's common tactic to move your tanks behind the cover while they are reloading their guns. In this game it would be impossible because there are way too many units to give your attention to every single vehicle at once.
Think as you wish man, take care.
Hard to be excited about this discount when I just picked up Wargame:EE and Wargame:Airland Battle for 11$ on Steam.
11$?
I understand that the Linux client is missing because GOG does not yet support Linux, but what about the Mac OS client? Where is it?