It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Escape to the fantastic lands!

Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition, a vast fantasy realm full of danger and adventure for you to explore and conquer, is available 50% off on GOG.com. That's only $9.99 for the first week!

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/two_worlds_2_epic_edition][/url]Reality--it can be such a drag, right? Just how many times you think you'd love to escape to some imaginary land when everything is simpler and more exciting? Thanks to the modern magic of computer games, you can do just that. Among the fantastic realms created by game developers, the one you'll get to explore in Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition stands out thanks to its size, complexity, and the number of different things you can do as your digital heroic alternate self. If you're the escapist type this one will most certainly live up to your expectations.

In Two Worlds 2 you can ride on horseback, craft items, forge weapons and armor, and even brew potions.The game offers a diverse landscape of forests, deserts, swamps, seashores, cities, and fields, venturing deep into forgotten caverns and dungeons. The way you develop your character is entirely left to your decision. Combine the skills of a ranger, a mage, and a warrior, balancing the focus and creating your own perfect build. The Epic Edition offered on GOG.com includes the original Two Worlds II, the Pirates of the Flying Fortress expansion, and Two Worlds II: Castle Defense.

A whole new life in a fantastic realm far, far away is now well within your reach. Get Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition, for only $9.99 on GOG.com! The release promo offer lasts until Thursday, May 2, at 9:59AM GMT.
Theta_Sigma: Waaaaaait, you're not the Loch Ness Monster, are you?
JudasIscariot: Yes! You meddling kids and your dog have finally found me out! :O
Sad thing is, my dog came and sat down beside me just prior to reading this message. LMAO
I've been meaning to nab this game when it's gone on sale on other sites.
Maybe I'll have to nab it from here the next time the price drops.

It will give me more of an incentive to actually play the first.
anjohl: The issue is that people ASSUME that mods make a game better, and do not play the game as intended, to experience the message as intended FIRST. As I said previously, mod all you want, though I have never played a mod that was commercial quality, but do so after putting several hundred hours through on the game as intended first.
BadDecissions: No. I have better things to do with my several hundred hours.
Well maybe gaming is the wrong hobby for you. Why would you accept the opinion of mod creators or strangers on the internet over the developer? Sounds like you are more of a tinkerer than a fan of videogames.
anjohl: Why would you accept the opinion of strangers on the internet?
That's an excellent quesiton actually, why would we do that?
anjohl: Why would you accept the opinion of strangers on the internet?
Fenixp: That's an excellent quesiton actually, why would we do that?
I provide figures, you folks don't. If modding was so essential to the experience, why do console games do so well? If you cannot accept that the overwhelmging majority of mods are vastly inferior to the commercial content, in the range of 95-99%, then we have nothing to discuss.

For every one Dear Esther, there are 99 complete pieces of shit, either with Lightsabers where they don't belong, or garish textures that don't fit the game world.
anjohl: For every one Dear Esther, there are 99 complete pieces of shit, either with Lightsabers where they don't belong, or garish textures that don't fit the game world.
99% of everything is shit, that is a terrible argument. Also, you provide figures? Where? When?? :D

You're also making up stuff nobody said. Who and where said that modding is somehow essential to gaming? That is silly, it's something that can improve a game, but when a game is shit, mod won't fix it (most of the time.)

Also, you're talking like ... Well, like somebody who has never used a mod, really. 'Why should we be forced to accept opinion of someone else' - we shouldn't, that's the entire point. If you like a game as it is, there's absolutely no point for you to use mods, unless you want a different replay experience. But if an opinion on a game's design of a developer isn't something you actually like, and an opinion of a modder is more akin to what you want, well then, modding the game is actually staying true to your opinion. See Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul for a good example of that - someone didn't like level scaling, so he turned Oblivion into one of the most hardcore RPGs I have ever played. Did I enjoy Oblivion more than vanilla? I did, I've enjoyed it substancially more than vanilla, even tho I was not playing with vanilla content. Do you want to tell me that I don't enjoy videogames for that, that I only enjoy tinkering? I have spent about an hour modding my Oblivion, and then dozens of hours playing it. Yes, playing the modded game, not modding it.
Post edited May 06, 2013 by Fenixp
Fenixp: 99% of everything is shit, that is a terrible argument. Also, you provide figures? Where? When?? :D
In completing the Bonus Round, you have been awarded the Wand of Logic +3.
BadDecissions: No. I have better things to do with my several hundred hours.
anjohl: Well maybe gaming is the wrong hobby for you. Why would you accept the opinion of mod creators or strangers on the internet over the developer? Sounds like you are more of a tinkerer than a fan of videogames.
Because I've played too many crap games to think that "The developers liked it, so it must be great" is any kind of argument.
Post edited May 06, 2013 by BadDecissions
anjohl: Well maybe gaming is the wrong hobby for you. Why would you accept the opinion of mod creators or strangers on the internet over the developer? Sounds like you are more of a tinkerer than a fan of videogames.
BadDecissions: Because I've played too many crap games to think that "The developers liked it, so it must be great" is any kind of argument.
So you have no interest in playing a bad game, unless it's been modded to be...less bad? Almost good? Why not just play good games?

There are so many games out there, the reasons to mod are so illogical.
BadDecissions: Because I've played too many crap games to think that "The developers liked it, so it must be great" is any kind of argument.
anjohl: So you have no interest in playing a bad game, unless it's been modded to be...less bad? Almost good? Why not just play good games?

There are so many games out there, the reasons to mod are so illogical.
What are you talking about? If you've somehow interpreted "I don't think developers always know best, as evinced by all the games where they clearly didn't" to mean that I enjoy taking bad games and modding them, I don't know what to tell you; that is clearly a very silly way to interpret my post.

If instead of saying 'Because I've played too many crap games to think that "The developers liked it, so it must be great" is any kind of argument.' I had said 'Because I've played too many otherwise good games that have severe design flaws to think that "The developers liked it, so it must be great" is any kind of argument,' would that confuse you less?

Although perhaps talking specifically about "design flaws" is too limiting; some people like Oblivion's levelling system, you can't really say it's objectively flawed, but Fenixp doesn't so he changed it. That's cool.
Post edited May 07, 2013 by BadDecissions
anjohl: There are so many games out there, the reasons to mod are so illogical.
Maybe you have the money to buy whatever game you want, but many people don't. Plenty of people get more value out of their games through mods. The number of games isn't large enough to please everyone like you seem to think.

What is so illogical about someone playing a game, saying "I like this, but I wish it had X," and implementing that change or finding a mod that does?
Post edited May 07, 2013 by AlCapowned