It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Little pixel people, great entertainment!

Theme Park, a classic, complex, and colorful amusement park management sim from Bullfrog Productions, is available for Windows and Mac OS X, for only $5.99 on GOG.com.

[url=http://www.gog.com/game/theme_park][/url]Put more salt in the popcorn and raise the price of soda: this is how big bucks are made in Theme Park, a classic amusement park management game from Bullfrog Productions. Yes, snacks play a big role in your business, but let's not forget about all the amazing rides and attractions you can build to make your little pixel visitors happy. Give them roller coasters, ferris wheels, love boats, haunted houses, and bouncy castles and they'll keep coming back for more. This amazing classic offers you the option to manage every little detail of your park's design and economy, to make it the best--and the most profitable--in the world. With colorful graphics, surprisingly deep mechanics, and tons of lighthearted humor, Theme Park is sure to entertain you for many carefree hours.

Get into the business of entertaining the pixelfolk and design the greatest money-machine in Theme Park, for only $5.99 on GOG.com.

Notice:
We're glad that another long-awaited Bullfrog Classic finally joined our catalog. We know that many of you were anxious to see it here. At the same time, we need to disappoint those of you, who were hoping to pick it up during the upcoming Winter Sale. This particular title won't be discounted this time, as the sale is coming too short after it's release. So, you can be sure you can pick it up today, and you won't feel foolish seeing it discounted in a few days from now ;-) Just a heads up from your friendly GOG.com team!
I fully support the bundling of this with Sim Coaster and/or the Rollercoaster Tycoon games in the future

Also, Power Monger!
OMFG YES!!!!#GU&Y*!GBEuyi23gtfr1by3865931t9 TAKE ALL MY MONEY GOG!!!!!!!!! TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T EVEN NEED IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh man. So many good memories of theme park!
booyabojangles: I fully support the bundling of this with Sim Coaster and/or the Rollercoaster Tycoon games in the future

Also, Power Monger!
Well it won't get bundled as it's being sold separately, but maybe there will be a bundle discount when Theme Park World and Sim Coaster show up. (All 3 for 10 bucks or something)

I don't know why Power Monger isn't here yet; GOG being GOG, I guess.
cw8:
mistermumbles:
My thanks to you both for your detailed insights. I must admit that I did not consider that the management side of running a theme park was "light" in RCT, yet since you both pointed it out I must admit it is. It seems that which game I would play at any given moment is a function of which side of the business I want to game.

Since you two have made compelling arguments as to how this game differentiates itself from RCT, I am going to add it to my wishlist.

Having said that, are either of you (or anyone else reading this) aware of any theme park game that combines the depth of both sides of the coin (i.e. the depth of the building aspect of RCT with the depth of the management aspect of TP)? If such a game does not exist, do you think it would ever be feasible? Or would it just collapse under a hideous amount of complexity?
Post edited December 16, 2013 by jackster79
Thank you GoG, Theme Park is one of my absolute favorite games of all-time! It would be nice to also see Theme Park World on here eventually too.