It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Meowing. Meowing. Meowing! Meowing in your head.

The Cat Lady, a visually bewildering point-and-click adventure game with dark and violent theme and a mad, genuinely unnerving story, is available 25% off on GOG.com. That's only $7.49 for the first week!

People are imperfect. That's a fact. But just knowing it, and seeing the extent of their imperfection, makes a colossal difference. So filled with fear, and aggression we are, us humans. Always threading so close to the edge of sanity, keeping the madness at bay only by means of everyday habits and social contract. But on the inside? What kind of insane thoughts fester the mind of the people you randomly pass by on the streets? What sick ideas would you find, if you had the ability to look into the minds of your close ones? Your neighbors? Your co-workers? You'll never know. But admit it, deep inside you're terrified of what might be going on in other people's heads. The true human nature might be the greatest horror in existence. This is a game playing on those fears.

The Cat Lady uses the classic point and click mechanics to tell a story that will put your mind way outside your comfort zone. It depicts violence, fear, and psychosis in a way that's both surreal and unsettlingly realistic. Its original art style adds even further to the depressive and unhinging mood. If you like an occasional trip to the other side of sanity and you're not afraid of some explicit imagery on the way, The Cat Lady will be an experience you won't soon forget.

Sometimes, we like to challenge you to stare deep into the void. Today is one of these days. Go on, get The Cat Lady for only $7.49 on GOG.com. Play it. Stay sane. Come back for more.
I'm almost finished with this game, and it has to be one of the best I've played in a long time. Extremely powerful storytelling.
mondo84: I'm almost finished with this game, and it has to be one of the best I've played in a long time. Extremely powerful storytelling.
Good to know you're enjoying it : )
mondo84: I'm almost finished with this game, and it has to be one of the best I've played in a long time. Extremely powerful storytelling.
Novotnus: Good to know you're enjoying it : )
Absolutely. :)

This is the kind of game more people really need to play. It's really not difficult in terms of puzzles. The subject matter might be too much for people, but I think most people would really find the experience quite unique and affecting for them.
mondo84: Absolutely. :)

This is the kind of game more people really need to play. It's really not difficult in terms of puzzles. The subject matter might be too much for people, but I think most people would really find the experience quite unique and affecting for them.
Yeap, this game was worth making an ass of myself on the forums some time ago ; )
Now I'm trying to make more people interested in bringing Downfall to GOG but for now my promotional action doesn't seem to bing much attention :)
mondo84: Absolutely. :)

Novotnus: Yeap, this game was worth making an ass of myself on the forums some time ago ; )
Now I'm trying to make more people interested in bringing Downfall to GOG but for now my promotional action doesn't seem to bing much attention :)
I PROMISE I'm going to buy it. Eventually. :D
tinyE: I PROMISE I'm going to buy it. Eventually. :D
The Cat Lady or Downfall? :)
You can vote for Downfall in the meantime :)
tinyE: I PROMISE I'm going to buy it. Eventually. :D
Novotnus: The Cat Lady or Downfall? :)
You can vote for Downfall in the meantime :)
Cat Lady.
That game was made for me.
and I'll vote for Downlall.
Post edited April 14, 2013 by tinyE
today I've finished The Cat Lady... and it was superb!

I just wish there'd be more games like this - such strong emotions, such great writing... makes me wanna try to write some story on my own (and send it to Harvester Games so that they make a game from it :D
Great game.
I own the Desura version and now I'm playing Chapter 7.
One of the adventure you cand find at the moment.
And the story is VERY good.
Great to see another person enjoying this masterpiece.
I watched someone else play through it, and I enjoyed it so much that I bought my own copy.
Novotnus: Great to see another person enjoying this masterpiece.
I just finished playing, and I think I like it.

Well, I actually finished it about an hour ago. I spent the time since then staring at those words after the credits: "press any key to live".

I just couldn't bring myself to do it. The mere implications of those words were too much for me. Eventually, I used the task manager to quit the game. I don't know how to live, and, to be honest, I'm too scared to even try.

Still, I don't regret having played The Cat Lady. It go me thinking again. Maybe there is some hope.

So, thanks again for the recommendation.
Gaunathor: I just finished playing, and I think I like it.

Well, I actually finished it about an hour ago. I spent the time since then staring at those words after the credits: "press any key to live".

I just couldn't bring myself to do it. The mere implications of those words were too much for me. Eventually, I used the task manager to quit the game. I don't know how to live, and, to be honest, I'm too scared to even try.

Still, I don't regret having played The Cat Lady. It go me thinking again. Maybe there is some hope.

So, thanks again for the recommendation.
I'm really happy to see you liked the game.
As for the ending, I'm not a sensitive type and my life's not that bad at the moment (hope all the bad things with my health and my family are buried in the past and will remain only as valuable lessons for the future), but that ending sequence (the letters) touched something deep inside me. That didn't feel like a work of fiction or like the authors were videogame characters if you know what I mean.
Hope soon you'll press that 'any key' without doubt. Sometimes it' all feels like shit, but there's always something to wait for.
Post edited May 20, 2013 by Novotnus
I'm dying to play this game. Unfortunately, I have this policy that if I don't buy a game within a week of its release, I wait until it has a sale.