It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Underwater pyrotechnics.

Subwar 2050 Complete, an excellent DOS-era fighter sim with great gameplay mechanics and stylish visuals, set in the middle of future corporate war under the sea, is available now on GOG.com, for only $5.99

The calm dark waters of the ocean. Whatever happens at the bottom, there's nothing on the surface to indicate any trouble, pain, nor death. Maybe just a ripple. Better part of our planet is covered by water, so it's no wonder that humankind rushed in to seize control over the oceanic reaches at one point of its history. The corporate greed and lust for power knows no boundaries, and for the CEOs of the great corporations it makes no difference whether a spot on their map lies on land or under the sea. After all, they're not the ones to fight the war, piloting the state-of-the art aquatic warships. That part of corporate warfare is all yours to handle.

Subwar 2050 Complete makes you a mercenary pilot of futuristic submarines, performing various missions in the course of corporate war for domination over the oceanic floor. You'll have to master specific underwater fight tactics to emerge victorious out of the game's many campaigns. With an original setting, complex maneuvers, deep and satisfying gameplay, and a great selection of missions this is one of the best fighter sims in existence, whether in space, mid-air, land, or sea. The Complete edition includes The Plot Deepens data-disk, adding more weapons, new submarines, and extra three campaigns into the game.

Prepare for amazing aquatic action from the golden age of DOS games. Get Subwar 2050 Complete on GOG.com, for only $5.99!
Veloxi: BTW, I hate to be nitpicky, but this is important to me. On the game page, it says this game is from Interplay, but it was actually published by MicroProse.
JMich: If you do recall who the original publisher was for titles in GOG's catalogue, could you help with updating the GOGWiki? I am usually unsure about original publishers, thus leave it empty, but I would love a list of those so I can update it.
If you already have a GOGWiki account, feel free to update them yourself, though if you haven't, you'll have to ask someone else to modify it, since atm the registrations are closed due to a spambot influx :/
Hello!

If I remember correctly the original publisher was Microprose. It was my first game on my 486... :-).
JMich: I am usually unsure about original publishers, thus leave it empty, but I would love a list of those so I can update it.
Mobygames is the best PC games database that I know of.

http://pc.mobygames.com/game/subwar-2050

I would think that, in general, you're pretty safe going with what they say. Especially as there will typically be photos of the original cover art, with the publisher logo visible.
Post edited May 06, 2013 by Shadowcat
OMG I just realised that I own a copy of this on this compilation:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/20-giant-games/cover-art/gameCoverId,132498/

I think it was one of the ones I never got working in those dark, pre-DOSBox days, may have to give it another go...
Ok, now Schleichfahrt (Archimedean Dynasty) and we are all happy :)