It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Underwater pyrotechnics.

Subwar 2050 Complete, an excellent DOS-era fighter sim with great gameplay mechanics and stylish visuals, set in the middle of future corporate war under the sea, is available now on GOG.com, for only $5.99

The calm dark waters of the ocean. Whatever happens at the bottom, there's nothing on the surface to indicate any trouble, pain, nor death. Maybe just a ripple. Better part of our planet is covered by water, so it's no wonder that humankind rushed in to seize control over the oceanic reaches at one point of its history. The corporate greed and lust for power knows no boundaries, and for the CEOs of the great corporations it makes no difference whether a spot on their map lies on land or under the sea. After all, they're not the ones to fight the war, piloting the state-of-the art aquatic warships. That part of corporate warfare is all yours to handle.

Subwar 2050 Complete makes you a mercenary pilot of futuristic submarines, performing various missions in the course of corporate war for domination over the oceanic floor. You'll have to master specific underwater fight tactics to emerge victorious out of the game's many campaigns. With an original setting, complex maneuvers, deep and satisfying gameplay, and a great selection of missions this is one of the best fighter sims in existence, whether in space, mid-air, land, or sea. The Complete edition includes The Plot Deepens data-disk, adding more weapons, new submarines, and extra three campaigns into the game.

Prepare for amazing aquatic action from the golden age of DOS games. Get Subwar 2050 Complete on GOG.com, for only $5.99!
Hey, where is JMich!
YES!

So I know what I'm going to do tonight :-D
tburger: YES!

Same thing you do every night: try to take over the world? :D
Mivas: Oh wow, my guess was right!
I will admit I was extremely skeptical when I read your guess but you were correct. gg.
Moonbeam: Hey, where is JMich!
M.I.A. :p
Looks cool, wishlisted for now, but is there only one new game today, don't tell me that crappy Fez game took it's spot.

Does anyone remember another submarine sim game for the DOS in the 90's? It had bases and stuff, and heaps of customizations.
Moonbeam: Hey, where is JMich!
triock: M.I.A. :p
Hope not.
Very nice! Almost makes me wonder if the "mind-blowing" reference is referring to Interplay's Star Trek games (if we are going through another Interplay "session" like we did with Apogee and EA a month or two back). I don't know if that's more likely than LucasArts, less likely, or the same. (Would GOG have to get CBS to sign off on the rights?)

Crosmando: Looks cool, wishlisted for now, but is there only one new game today, don't tell me that crappy Fez game took it's spot.

Does anyone remember another submarine sim game for the DOS in the 90's? It had bases and stuff, and heaps of customizations.
I know that it doesn't take much to configure DOSBox and test it on different machines, but we probably shouldn't "push" GOG to release more and have them do sub-par (pun?) work on compatibility and other things. (IMO, at least)
Post edited May 02, 2013 by tfishell
Interplay might have the rights to the Blizzard games they published (Blackthorne, Lost Vikings)
Good release. Never played this game, but I'm kinda curious.

So...more "mindblowing" stuff next week?
while I like this release I cant help but wonder if the wishlist is completely inconsequential this had 45 wishes and that is not a lot by any standards.
Big release. Thanks to GOG and Interplay.
SirEyeball: while I like this release I cant help but wonder if the wishlist is completely inconsequential this had 45 wishes and that is not a lot by any standards.
Yeah that kind of bothered me too, but I'm guessing GOG brought this because they already had Interplay on board and had very good connections with them. And it's not like this game won't sell at least okay, I'd imagine. (There's a market here.)

That being said, I doubt GOG would have worked as hard to try to bring System Shock 2 (although I guess we need to credit Night Dive for quite a bit of that also) if it wasn't as high up on the wishlist. The wishlist helps them know what they'll make money off of (as far as classics go, as they seem to be "winging it" with the indies sometimes [I almost wouldn't mind seeing them lose Slender, as outrageous as that may sound. Bring Cryostatis, Dark Falls, the Atlantis soundtracks, etc. back, lose Slender and Omerta until the prices are lowered. :P)
tburger: YES!

JudasIscariot: Same thing you do every night: try to take over the world? :D
Like this fella ?

There is only one thing I can say:.....
Attachments:
indeks.jpg (12 Kb)
Post edited May 02, 2013 by tburger
JudasIscariot: Same thing you do every night: try to take over the world? :D
tburger: Like this fella ?

There is only one thing I can say:.....
I'm pretty sure it was a reference to Pinky and the Brain.