It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mother Earth needs YOU, pilot.

Strike Suit Zero, a visually stunning revival of space combat sim genre, with many fresh gameplay ideas, featuring dynamic action, sleek spacecraft design, and mindblowing music, is now available on GOG.com, 20% off. That's only $15.99, this week only!

The story is simple: evil forces armed with an alien relic attack the Earth and destroy almost entire U.N.E. fleet. You, a disgraced pilot named Adams, are the only force standing between the Colonials and annihilation of our homeworld. Sure it's a story you've heard before, but none of those stories offered you a chance to unleash the power of the Strike Suit. You, destroying entire fleets almost single-handedly--it's that kind of story.

Strike Suit Zero balances between simulation and arcade shooter and manages to create a fantastic combat experience. In the first few levels you pilot a "normal" starfighter--a one you'd expect from a space combat sim. However, it's the Strike Suit that allows the game to fully shine, offering a sense of empowerment like no other space sim and allowing you to eradicate your opponents with a flurry of deadly missiles and triumph over enemy forces that outnumber you 10 to 1. It is fairly difficult but not unfair, as mouse + keyboard controls work intuitively, until you grab a recommended joystick, of course :) Both space-sim fans and more "casual" gamers will enjoy the hell out of setting the space skies on fire.

If you're worried about not getting DLCs with the GOG.com version, then stop. All users who purchase the game or a gift code within the first month will get the DLC-pack for free. Yes. More death-dealing space mechs are coming!

Missing that unpaired rush of adrenaline one can only get from dogfighting enemy fighters in the depths of space? Don't hesitate to join the U.N.E. Fleet, get Strike Suit Zero today, for only $15.99! The discount will last until Thursday, January 31, 1:29PM GMT.
nijuu: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/43153532/strike-suit-zero/posts/420101?ref=email&show_token=563767a53575aa91

Strike Suit Zero - Patch #3 Update
Update #34 · Mar. 05, 2013 · comment

Hello! We just wanted to keep everybody in the loop with details on the third patch for Strike Suit Zero, which you can update to via Steam now (GOG version incoming). This third patch adds significant changes, features and fixes to Strike Suit Zero, the most notable of which being:

1. Cockpit added.

2. Difficulty settings added; Easy, Normal and Hardcore

3. Checkpoint saves added; you can now exit the game, and resume a level from your most recent checkpoint.

4. Revised targeting system added

--

For those interested, the video below goes over the additions to the game in more detail.

We've had a few questions about the Marauder through. The new suit has slipped slightly, but should be available late this week. We'll have a more substantial update on this shortly, so keep your eyes out for the update.

Many thanks,

Jamin
Really like Strike Suit Zero (well, I don´t like the lack of story, but...) and it´s good to see that those devs are also care about us!
nijuu: Raptor DLC just got released on Steam for $2.99. How does GOG intend to handle this release or will it be released DRM free?? Hmmm....
Adzeth: There's a hint in the OP.
If you're worried about not getting DLCs with the GOG.com version, then stop. All users who purchase the game or a gift code within the first month will get the DLC-pack for free. Yes. More death-dealing space mechs are coming!
@both: Just fantastic.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/43153532/strike-suit-zero/posts/753098

Update #50 ℹ

Feb 20 2014
Announcing Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut

Today we’ve announced Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut, which will be heading to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One next month. We'll be following this up with a PC release later in the Spring.

The Director’s Cut features a restructured campaign – particularly relating to the first few missions, allowing the player to get in the cockpit of the Strike Suit much earlier - with an adapted story and all new dialogue. We’ve also given the game a complete graphical overhaul, including upscaled ships and updated textures and lighting. We’ve also included the Heroes of the Fleet mission pack, and both the Marauder and Raptor Strike Suits. We’ve taken a year’s worth of comments and suggestions on board, too, directly addressing the points of our community and critics.

To those of you that own the game on Steam already -- you'll be looked after. We'll be talking more about this - in addition to more concrete release dates - in the near future. Stay tuned!

* Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm*
AstralWanderer: Since this is the first GOG release not to work on XP, I'd suggest that it be highlighted on the gamecard.

As an XP user myself (with no intention of "upgrading" to 7 or 8 due to the large amount of software I run that wouldn't work on those OSes plus an intense dislike of their interface changes) I'll be giving this a miss.
It might not matter much as Windows XP is going end of life in about 6 weeks and wont receive any more security updates, and the vast majority of software vendors out there wont support their software running on an operating system that is no longer supported anyway.

Having said that, I haven't seen or heard anything about whether or not GOG will stop supporting the games running on XP or not once it goes EOL. It'd be nice if someone from GOG would clarify that. My default assumption with any company is when XP goes EOL so does their support for stuff running on it. If GOG will be doing that too, I'd suspect them to update all of the game cards to remove XP from the list of officially supported operating systems.

People still using XP after that point might be upset about such a thing, but they'll be too busy playing a game of "how do I get all of this malware and these viruses off of my computer" until the end of time once security updates are no longer provided for XP this April and wont have time to play games as they'll be reinstalling their OS 5 times per day. ;o)
Niggles: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/43153532/strike-suit-zero/posts/753098

Update #50 ℹ

Feb 20 2014
Announcing Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut

Today we’ve announced Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut, which will be heading to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One next month. We'll be following this up with a PC release later in the Spring.

The Director’s Cut features a restructured campaign – particularly relating to the first few missions, allowing the player to get in the cockpit of the Strike Suit much earlier - with an adapted story and all new dialogue. We’ve also given the game a complete graphical overhaul, including upscaled ships and updated textures and lighting. We’ve also included the Heroes of the Fleet mission pack, and both the Marauder and Raptor Strike Suits. We’ve taken a year’s worth of comments and suggestions on board, too, directly addressing the points of our community and critics.

To those of you that own the game on Steam already -- you'll be looked after. We'll be talking more about this - in addition to more concrete release dates - in the near future. Stay tuned!

* Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm*
I'm starting to get the feeling that a lot of kickstarter games are kicking the drm free crowd to the curb.
i wonder if the get some sort of intensive to do so.
Niggles: ...To those of you that own the game on Steam already -- you'll be looked after. We'll be talking more about this - in addition to more concrete release dates - in the near future. Stay tuned!...
I hate how developers are always singling out Steam for special mention and treatment, these people could have left out a lot of confusion and possible backlash by just saying "those of you that own the game... already - you'll be looked after..." Who knows what they're thinking now?

I can't imagine Strike Suit Zero people would suddenly abandon DRM free editions.
Post edited February 20, 2014 by undeadcow
Niggles: ...To those of you that own the game on Steam already -- you'll be looked after. We'll be talking more about this - in addition to more concrete release dates - in the near future. Stay tuned!...
undeadcow: I hate how developers are always singling out Steam for special mention and treatment, these people could have left out a lot of confusion and possible backlash by just saying "those of you that own the game... already - you'll be looked after..." Who knows what they're thinking now?

I can't imagine Strike Suit Zero people would suddenly abandon DRM free editions.
I can't say what's on their minds, but it's a great way to breed distrust & resentment in their userbase.
Niggles:
Woooo!

Awesome! Snuggle up with some VAC.
skeletonbow: ...I haven't seen or heard anything about whether or not GOG will stop supporting the games running on XP or not once it goes EOL...If GOG will be doing that too, I'd suspect them to update all of the game cards to remove XP from the list of officially supported operating systems.
It would be hugely ironic for a company whose main focus was older games to drop support for an older OS. It would also seem unnecessary since the only code GOG really has to support is their installer/patcher. Since all that does is extract files (while displaying adverts...), it's hardly OS specific. Personally, I'd rather GOG ditched the installer and just supplied everything in zip/rar/7-zip archives. Then we can have people complaining about having to create their own Start Menu (whoops, I'm confusing Win8 users... :evil: ) and desktop shortcuts.
skeletonbow: People still using XP after that point might be upset about such a thing, but they'll be too busy playing a game of "how do I get all of this malware and these viruses off of my computer"...
XP is a lot easier to secure than later OSes (partially due to 64-bit OS Kernel Patch Protection hobbling security software, partially due to there being more components and background services in Win7+) but that's really going OT here.
AstralWanderer: It would be hugely ironic for a company whose main focus was older games to drop support for an older OS. It would also seem unnecessary since the only code GOG really has to support is their installer/patcher. Since all that does is extract files (while displaying adverts...), it's hardly OS specific. Personally, I'd rather GOG ditched the installer and just supplied everything in zip/rar/7-zip archives. Then we can have people complaining about having to create their own Start Menu (whoops, I'm confusing Win8 users... :evil: ) and desktop shortcuts.
When Windows XP goes EOL, within a month or a few months vulnerabilities will continue to surface as they have every month since it was released along with every other OS, however these will not get fixed in security updates any longer. People with XP connected to the Internet will largely end up with their computers infected with viruses and malware in no time. A small percentage of people with much more careful computing habits and security sensibility will not be quite as vulnerable, but overall as a generalization - most people running XP will have their systems owned if not in a month, then in several months. The average person greatly underestimates the importance of the security ramifications of running a non-supported operating system and has to learn these things for themselves the hard way unfortunately.

This impacts software developers/distributors in terms of a greatly increased number of technical support calls and that is why companies stop supporting their software on operating systems that are no longer supported. GOG hasn't announced either way what their plans are with XP but my expectation is that they will drop official support for XP if not in April when XP goes EOL, or they will perhaps continue to support XP as long as doing so does not increase their support load exponentially due to people having unstable machines infected with malware and dumping the burden on them. It's possible if they don't end up with a big problem that they could continue to support XP, but I'm of the opinion that companies supporting their software on Microsoft's dead OSs will end up regretting it from the increased support load and eventually drop support.

AstralWanderer: XP is a lot easier to secure than later OSes (partially due to 64-bit OS Kernel Patch Protection hobbling security software, partially due to there being more components and background services in Win7+) but that's really going OT here.
That's simply not true. Newer versions of Windows come with a lot of new security features built in and enabled by default which are not present in Windows XP, and the OS running in 64bit on the processor's long mode has hardware NX support which is a significant improvement in helping protect against stack smashing, etc. Improved DEP support enabled by default, ASLR on by default, significantly improved packet filtering, UAC, and numerous other features. But aside from all of that, an OS that is supported and getting regular security updates is going to be a lot more protected from current threats than a legacy OS with less security infrastructure which isn't getting any security updates anymore and which many/most software vendors have also abandoned supporting their software on and thus that software is more insecure as well.

No matter how one slices it, running an unsupported operating system connected to the Internet is insecure and a bad idea.

People don't like to be forced to upgrade something that they've used for a long time and which they consider "it works", but it's a fact of life that we have to do so from time to time because the products we use don't have an infinite lifetime attached to them, and XP's lifespan has been far far longer than Microsoft ever intended it to be, longer than any other OS they've ever released, and longer than they're ever likely to support an OS again in the future. I was a long time XP holdout and said I'd never switch until I had no choice. I knew the April 2014 end of life killswitch was looming on the horizon over the last few years and that polling the various options post-XP I decided Windows 7/x64 would be the best likely way to go for me. I bit my tongue and built a new PC a year ago and put Windows 7/x64 on it and it has worked out excellent so far and to my surprise and shock I have no regrets. I'd recommend anyone else using XP to do the same as sooner or later your arm ends up being twisted into making the change to something new whether or not it's a pleasant thing to contemplate. Either that or one ends up using the non-supported OS until it crumbles and falls apart with security nightmares.

There is no right or wrong though, everyone has to gauge risk and make their own decisions and live with the good or bad consequences that result from their decision.

I think GOG needs to pre-announce what their plans are about support for Windows XP when it goes end of life, so that people are well aware of what to expect. I believe they'll try to do the best thing possible as long as it is economically viable to do so. We wont know until they let us know however. I'd rather see them drop XP and spend the man hours of resources focused on modern supported operating systems, or even taking the XP manpower and turning it into Linux manpower and adding Linux as a supported OS. That's a longshot short term though. ;oP
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/43153532/strike-suit-zero/posts/804314

Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut - OUT NOW
6 comments
♥ Like
10 likes

Hi all. Long time now speak. How are you all? Good, good - let's cut to the chase.

Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut is out on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC today (with an EU release on PS4 tomorrow). The Director's Cut brings with it a restructured campaign, upres'd ships and new textures, new voice over, campaign re-balancing, and a host of other improvements across the game.

How does this affect you, our trusty Kickstarter backers? Anybody that opted for the Lifetime DLC reward will be sent a code for the Director's Cut in the next day or so. Everybody else that got a key for the game will be sent an offer for 85% off the game via Steam (providing you have the game in your library already -- which you should do if you backed at $15 and above). We're in talks with GOG to try and secure the same discount for the DRM-free version of the game.
Please bear in mind that this Kickstarter was for the PC version of the game, and we're unable to send out discount codes for the console version of the game.

Many thanks again for your support, and we hope you enjoy the Director's Cut.

Jamin
Niggles: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/43153532/strike-suit-zero/posts/804314

6 comments
♥ Like
10 likes

Hi all. Long time now speak. How are you all? Good, good - let's cut to the chase.

Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut is out on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC today (with an EU release on PS4 tomorrow). The Director's Cut brings with it a restructured campaign, upres'd ships and new textures, new voice over, campaign re-balancing, and a host of other improvements across the game.

How does this affect you, our trusty Kickstarter backers? Anybody that opted for the Lifetime DLC reward will be sent a code for the Director's Cut in the next day or so. Everybody else that got a key for the game will be sent an offer for 85% off the game via Steam (providing you have the game in your library already -- which you should do if you backed at $15 and above). We're in talks with GOG to try and secure the same discount for the DRM-free version of the game.
Please bear in mind that this Kickstarter was for the PC version of the game, and we're unable to send out discount codes for the console version of the game.

Jamin
Really looks like something that should've been a free update to the original game..
Niggles: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/43153532/strike-suit-zero/posts/804314

6 comments
♥ Like
10 likes

Jamin
spoderman: Really looks like something that should've been a free update to the original game..
Looking at it closer im feeling like you do - looks like DLC that really should be free rather than paid - i cant see anything really new and justified....hell i didnt get my 85% off for being a backer either..sheesh

...Anybody that opted for the Lifetime DLC reward will be sent a code for the Director's Cut in the next day or so. Everybody else that got a key for the game will be sent an offer for 85% off the game via Steam (providing you have the game in your library already -- which you should do if you backed at $15 and above). We're in talks with GOG to try and secure the same discount for the DRM-free version of the game....
Does this imply that the Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut will in fact be coming to GOG (as the developer is apparently trying to negotiate a backer discounter on the DC edition with GOG)? Previously they were mum. I'd be curious to see how GOG pulls this off.

Edit: I agree the Director's Cut looks like a rip off that should be a free update for prior purchasers, not a whole new game.
Post edited May 02, 2014 by undeadcow